Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #127
vetehead

Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
I actually just talked to them and they do have a kit that will work and tie into the factory alarm. It's not listed on their site and I am waiting for an email with details about it. Basically the kit ties into the factory alarm and you carry a card, about the size of a credit card but ~3x thicker. When you come within I think 3 feet of the car the doors unlock, alarm disarms, lights come on and horn will chirp if you want. You then push the start button to turn on accessory power or push the brake in and push the button and the car starts. When you walk away from the card, the doors lock and factory alarm arms.

I'm hoping it's not too pricy but I think it's the next thing for my baby. They build them in bulk and only have a couple left right now otherwise it's about 3 weeks out for the next set of the packages. I probably will be the guinea pig and see how well it works. Just need to get the wife to agree with spending more on the ride.
I think what 2SSRS is trying to accomplish is a OEM system from the Corvette integrated in the gen5 Camaro.

If you are worried about pricey his mod won't be for you!!

After all the parts needed IE, rcdlr,antennas,key fobs, modules programming??interface to security system or theft module from Corvette r&d etc. .....Well you get my point.

It sure would be cool if it could get done OEM.....Good luck!!!

Last edited by vetehead; 09-06-2010 at 10:01 AM.
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #128
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Silly question - the challenger push to start replace the key cylinder and can be easily swapped back to the cylinder. Maybe use the challenger part? Also, the scion tc has a ,od that requires you to insert the key twist to on he push the start button (crazy I know) but something to look for...
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #129
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post
I think what 2SSRS is trying to accomplish is a OEM system from the Corvette integrated in the gen5 Camaro.

After all the parts needed IE, rcdlr,antennas,key fobs, modules programming??interface to security system or theft module from Corvette r&d etc. .....Well you get my point.

I sure would be cool if it it could get done OEM.....Good luck!!!
That is what i will go may take a year or two but it will get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Silly question - the challenger push to start replace the key cylinder and can be easily swapped back to the cylinder. Maybe use the challenger part? Also, the scion tc has a ,od that requires you to insert the key twist to on he push the start button (crazy I know) but something to look for...
You got it, The new ford fiesta has a push the start button, That is the one i ordered the part to see if it fits in the key cylinder.
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #130
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post

It sure would be cool if it could get done OEM.....Good luck!!!
I think so too but looking at this company it achieves it, and better as it also will unlock the car and lock it as you walk up or walk away. Basically it is the same as hooking up a remote start. The price for it also is only $800 and then to have it installed which I will pay for since I'm not a wiring person and want to make sure it is done right.

This is actually going to be my next purchase for my Camaro.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #131
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Someone at F150 forum figured out the push button start (inexpensively).

http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...04-2008-a.html
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #132
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Amazing thread! My head is spinning. I'll keep my fingers crossed that when my 'vert is available to order, they'll offer this option as I couldn't do it myself! I'm not sure why FORD can offer all this for their Mustang.....seems the 'stang has a lot of 'gee neats' that would be nice options for us. Please keep us posted and of course if aftermarket makes up for the missed opportunity, keep us posted on that too. I'm horrible about leaving my keys buried in my gym bag or backpack, would be nice to just walk up to my car and drive away.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #133
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Someone at F150 forum figured out the push button start (inexpensively).

http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...04-2008-a.html
...he's stationed on my base, interesting
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #134
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
...he's stationed on my base, interesting
Relaxin Jaxin?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #135
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Good news is i got the new switch the bad news is i got me HUD unit too so this is on the back burner still But i will get it done by the end of the year.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #136
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
I have a ford GT push start on my lightning it took me 5 min to install, basically make a hole put button in there and connect 2 wires under the dash,

as for the camaro, I think it will be more complicated than that

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #137
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #138
testmule
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Relaxin Jaxin?
testmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #139
2SSRS@Gen5diy

So you know i will start this up soon am almost done with the HUD so this with the help of a member with some good info will start back up after SEMA.

I did not give the members user name so i don't put him in the spot light if ypu want to come on here and tell ppl what you found out, Do tell.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #140
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
OK, I'll let you guys know what I've come up with so far...

I've got the prints for the 'vette and I'm working on getting the required documentation for the Camaro so, I can see the difference in how they each handle the ignition.

At least, in the 'vette, the push button simply sends a resistance value to the BCM and it acts accordingly. I'm assuming the Camaro ignition works much in the same way. More research is needed obviously but, we're making headway. While 2SSRS is busy finishing his work on the HUD and his other projects I'll be gathering information and coming up with ideas on how to get this to work.

Stay tuned...
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote