Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Camaross93

Drives: '11 camaro SS
Need some help with exactly what need to do

I really want to make it to camarofest 3 but I'm just so confused on what i have to do to sign up and where i should book my stay. I live in Ny and this is going to be my first big event so not really sure about how it works
Camaross93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
There's really no need to sign up anywhere at all unless you're planning to do the Autocross at the event. Definately book your room now for the host hotel that's posted on the Camaro5fest forum, trust me you'll want to stay at the host hotel But as for registering and signing up for the actual 3-day event, its just drive to the event gates, pay the entry, and enjoy yourself. Am I correct mods, or is there something I am missing?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Go to the link in my signature "fest sign up"!! Post if your driving (drag race or Auto Cross) or spectating. Plus #of drivers and #of spectators.

Vendors and potential sponsors of the event see this thread, see the interest and guage product/displays etc to bring. So, YES, very officially unofficially important to be signed up.

But if you just show up, no one will turn you away
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
If this is your first event and you are bringing your camaro, trust me, you will want to sign up for it all, down the track and autocross. You will NOT have anymore fun with your car than at this event. You will have thousands of people to help you do anything you want, give information, tips, tricks, everything. Do not go to "watch this time and drive next time".. this car is too fun to sit on the sidelines and watch.

Basically, how it works. Book your room, drive to Indy. head out to the track that morning with the other 1,000+ camaros, pay at the gate for what you want to do (watch or drive/participate), enter the gate and spend the day with your closest camaro friends. There will be Mods/Helpers all over the place to help direct you to what you want to do. It's basically, come have fun with your car for a couple days. When you leave, you will be hooked and wanting to know when the next one will be. This has happened to EVERYONE that has attended. It's a BLAST!

Like they said, book your room at the host hotel, this is where the evening parties will be at. You will meet some wonderful people and make lasting friendships!!

Welecome to Indy!!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Main objective at C5fest - HAVE FUN! Book room asap if possible. Mods will post additional hotel info when blocked rooms for Wyndam are gone. Any and all questions can be answered at fest. Vendors will have all their goodies for our beloved Camaro's out for purchase. Look at your local region to see if anyone is planning trip out that you can hook up with. We have a huge group meeting in Dayton Ohio Wednesday night. Info is in Mid-Atlantic section if your interested. Edog is our main contact for our group. Welcome to the party!
CruznSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Camaross93

Drives: '11 camaro SS
Thanks guys soo much. I just booked my stay and cannot express how excited I am. Now I just got to figure out where the people from ny are meeting up
Camaross93 is offline   Reply With Quote