Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
Joey Chinappi

Drives: cyber grey 2ss
Send a message via AIM to Joey Chinappi Send a message via Yahoo to Joey Chinappi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
When you get an answer will you pm me please?
sure.. absolutely, actually since we are in the same predicament you can contact them via email too through there website, and let me know if they get back to you... so far for me nothing... its just weird that factory didn't supply the new font ss.. but i guess they have dished out enough already in this beast, so i cant complain.. there website is http://www.fifthgenconcepts.com/ and they have a contact..
Joey Chinappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
Joey Chinappi

Send a message via AIM to Joey Chinappi Send a message via Yahoo to Joey Chinappi
the more people we bunch up and draw a tent around this emblem idea, the better shot we have at somebody making this... but what i dont understand is, and maybe someone can clarify is was it the style of the font that prevented them from manufacturing this piece or due to there company name or something? i'm lost...
Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Chinappi View Post
the more people we bunch up and draw a tent around this emblem idea, the better shot we have at somebody making this... but what i dont understand is, and maybe someone can clarify is was it the style of the font that prevented them from manufacturing this piece or due to there company name or something? i'm lost...
There has been 2 or 3 companies on the verge of releasing this and then GM just shuts them down. GM won't give them the licensing to make them and we can't get an answer why. I assume it's because they want the Chevy bowtie on the car. Thing is I have since done a bowtie delete which in the long run is even worse for them. Hek, I LOVE Chevy, I just wanted the front middle of my car to have the red SS badging. I just don't get it what their problem is.
I have probably over a hundred post on here concerning this issue. I am very determined to get this badging. One way or another it will happen.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
Joey Chinappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
There has been 2 or 3 companies on the verge of releasing this and then GM just shuts them down. GM won't give them the licensing to make them and we can't get an answer why. I assume it's because they want the Chevy bowtie on the car. Thing is I have since done a bowtie delete which in the long run is even worse for them. Hek, I LOVE Chevy, I just wanted the front middle of my car to have the red SS badging. I just don't get it what their problem is.
I have probably over a hundred post on here concerning this issue. I am very determined to get this badging. One way or another it will happen.
right on man, i wont give up lookin... i want gm to know if theyr'e listening, those dirty dogs, that i wont buy there heritage grille till they release a sick ss emblem... lol no but seriously god knows its a chevy... isn't that enough?? please gm just stick a couple of s's together make it look ridiculously mind blowing and watch them ss's turn into $$'s.. win win... everyone comes out with bowtie smiles tattooed on theyr'e silly faces..
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
right on man, i wont give up lookin... i want gm to know if theyr'e listening, those dirty dogs, that i wont buy there heritage grille till they release a sick ss emblem... lol no but seriously god knows its a chevy... isn't that enough?? please gm just stick a couple of s's together make it look ridiculously mind blowing and watch them ss's turn into $$'s.. win win... everyone comes out with bowtie smiles tattooed on theyr'e silly faces..
+1

They already got $35k from me for the car. I don't give a rats arse about licensing. Whoever make the new emblems that look good first gets my money.

Mike
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #20
Joey Chinappi

touche... now listen though maybe u can help...- is there someone out there that i can go to and have this fabricated for a reasonable price... or is it safe to say this idea is just around the bend, as far as gm is gonna get someone to officially produce this for them... im starting to think gm is the new mafia or something, and literally goes to these people flags a licensing restriction over there face and proceeds to start breaking there fingers one by one..
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Now I know that SLP and Emblempros has the license to make GM SS badges. You gotta believe those two companies have seen the MANY threads of owners who want the new SS font on the front of their car. Yet, I hear NOTHING but silence from them on this mod.
It really makes no sense at all.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #22
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
I hear ya. I will wait. Sooner or later someone will be allowed to make this.
I'm gonna wait too!!

Quote:
sure.. absolutely, actually since we are in the same predicament you can contact them via email too through there website, and let me know if they get back to you... so far for me nothing... its just weird that factory didn't supply the new font ss.. but i guess they have dished out enough already in this beast, so i cant complain.. there website is http://www.fifthgenconcepts.com/ and they have a contact..
I just emailed them. I will let you know if they contact me back. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Me too and I am glad that I am not alone on the confusion here. I was also wondering why it was so hard to get this emblem in the new font style but its easy to get the old style. Just put me on the list of waiting too.........
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Like this ? and less then $100 for front and rear.

Rear

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Like this ? and less then $100 for front and rear.

Rear

Like this:

See post #8

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87893
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Yes like post 8, but if read the thread no one can get the parts from that Guy and this is from GM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #26
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

They emailed me back and said they are still trying to get the licensing situation taken care of. There is a list you can sign up on and they will notify us when there is movement.
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #27
Joey Chinappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
They emailed me back and said they are still trying to get the licensing situation taken care of. There is a list you can sign up on and they will notify us when there is movement.
geezzzz, its depressing isn't it.... lol... u have good taste, i can tell u r not gonna budge on anything less than the true new ss font, and neither am i... maybe you can help me though- i already bought the heritage grille to replace my stock grille, and i didnt know if i wanted to put it on or just wait till this ss emblem comes through... would i have to disassemble it again to attach the new emblem on? is it applyed by 3m tape or back brackets? any clue?? thanks and keep fightin the good fight.