Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
Unhappy Disrespect

Someone keyed my car. I found the scratch tonight. The scratch runs from my front fender just above the wheel well to the end of the door ending before the rear fender. Most of the scratch looks to be surface paint that could be buffed out. But there's two areas that go pretty deep. I think as deep as metal, and about 3-4 inches. I'm going to double check this in the morning to see exactly how bad it is. Is my best option to take my car to a shop? And anybody have any ideas how much this will cost?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
That sucks big time..As for cost, it will be in the hundreds depending how many body panels it is on. And you may need a repaint on some parts if its deep.. Was it done at your house? If it was, get a security camera that is in HD aimed at the car since it will most likely happen again by the same person once he/they see it has been fixed.. The other way to protect your car is to get a car cover that is thick enough to prevent scratches.. I don't think anyone would bother trying to take it off simply to scratch the car unless they are really determined..
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
I'm not exactly sure where it was done. I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't done around my house. I'm fairly sure it happened at the last place I was at tonight, Walmart. But I can't be totally sure. I was at a few places today that it could have happened.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfan24 View Post
I'm not exactly sure where it was done. I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't done around my house. I'm fairly sure it happened at the last place I was at tonight, Walmart. But I can't be totally sure. I was at a few places today that it could have happened.

ARE YOU FREAKIN NUTS...... driving a 5th gen to Walmart is asking for trouble. You can almost bet your bottom dollar it happened there.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
2032Ceta

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2009 Nissan Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
ARE YOU FREAKIN NUTS...... driving a 5th gen to Walmart is asking for trouble. You can almost bet your bottom dollar it happened there.
I've been to walmart numerous times. I park so far out that nobody want to walk to it. Never had a problem. Although I'm usually only in there for a few minutes.
2032Ceta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

We can't park anywhere in our area without taking a risk. If we take the Camaro to the store, someone has to stay in the car.

Example:

Went to Albertsons grocery store in Cleburne the past weekend just to pick up some potatoes. Wife stayed in the car. I got 15 steps from away and a pickup full of teenagers pulls up next to it.

It’s a good thing that you park out at the end of the parking lot at Walmart though. If your Walmart is anything like mine, you can rest assured that the body fat number increases exponentially the closer you get to the handicap parking spots.

P.S. -- Nothing against the biggins, they need lovin too (from some other guy), Walmart just doesn't have enough space between parking spots for their door and their butt at the same time.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
Quote:
We can't park anywhere in our area without taking a risk. If we take the Camaro to the store, someone has to stay in the car.

Example:

Went to Albertsons grocery store in Cleburne the past weekend just to pick up some potatoes. Wife stayed in the car. I got 15 steps from away and a pickup full of teenagers pulls up next to it.

It’s a good thing that you park out at the end of the parking lot at Walmart though. If your Walmart is anything like mine, you can rest assured that the body fat number increases exponentially the closer you get to the handicap parking spots.

P.S. -- Nothing against the biggins, they need lovin too (from some other guy), Walmart just doesn't have enough space between parking spots for their door and their butt at the same time.

:party0038:
this happened to my mustang $785 to fix it.
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09

Last edited by Ammo7; 08-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
I hate Wal-Mart, when I go in it feels like my life force is being drained.

My ex wife was a bargin shopper, I almost didn't make it out one Saturday.

Sucks about the scratch...Know how you feel, I got a door ding 1 month into the relationship Makes you wanna hurt someone in unthinkable ways lol
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Mine was keyed at a walmart a few weeks ago. Welcome to the club. I almost went on a meth head massacre.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
I hate Wal-Mart, when I go in it feels like my life force is being drained.

My ex wife was a bargin shopper, I almost didn't make it out one Saturday.

Sucks about the scratch...Know how you feel, I got a door ding 1 month into the relationship Makes you wanna hurt someone in unthinkable ways lol
There is something very empty about that huge store. It almost seems like it lacks a soul, along with everyone inside.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
fmdog44

Drives: 1965 impala
I got the same two Sundays ago. The scratch will need a body shop if you don't know how to fix. The scuff mark use Mequires X2.0 Scuff MarkREmover as I did on mine, I guarantee results.
fmdog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2032Ceta View Post
I've been to walmart numerous times. I park so far out that nobody want to walk to it. Never had a problem. Although I'm usually only in there for a few minutes.
Man, I have done he park waay out in the back method too. What happened to me was (and I know this because I just walked out the door of walmart and was looking at my car when it happened) The wind got a hold of a stray cart, and started pushing it. Well, there was nothing in it's way to stop it so it just got faster and faster, then it hit a little hill and started going faster! Then WHAM! :slice: Massive Dent! A Dent! NOT A Scratch, A Dent! Right at the front of the door, you know, where it is a pain to fix! :fighting0040: :fighting0040: :fighting0040:

I guess the moral of this story is this. If you do choose to park way out in the back, park it on top of a freaking hill!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
There is something very empty about that huge store. It almost seems like it lacks a soul, along with everyone inside.
Yeah, what's up with that? The whole damned store can feel morbid. My only problem is that they have the best prices in town. Regardless, I would never drive my SS to Walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post

Man, I have done he park waay out in the back method too. What happened to me was (and I know this because I just walked out the door of walmart and was looking at my car when it happened) The wind got a hold of a stray cart, and started pushing it. Well, there was nothing in it's way to stop it so it just got faster and faster, then it hit a little hill and started going faster! Then WHAM! :slice: Massive Dent! A Dent! NOT A Scratch, A Dent! Right at the front of the door, you know, where it is a pain to fix! :fighting0040: :fighting0040: :fighting0040:

I guess the moral of this story is this. If you do choose to park way out in the back, park it on top of a freaking hill!

Moral of the story is don't drive a nice car to Walmart. Between the biggins, the jealous buttholes, and the disrespectful that let shopping carts fly -- you are bound to get some damage.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
A friend of mine calls it Hellmart! Sounds like she may be on to something!! I havent been there in years!

I'm sorry that some bastard felt the need to do that to your car!!