Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
Now that 10,000 songs seems to be a reality has anyone hooked up a usb powered external hard drive like a WD Passport?
Unless something has changed, the Camaro doesn't put out enough power though the USB port to power it. It was tried last year before it was realized that the song limit was actually 2,500 songs.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
My pdim says hw id:CB sw id:CC

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
jdenotter

Nothing?

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Nothing?

You have an even older version.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #19
jdenotter

What's a good ref to know what versions are out and what's the benefits? I have no issues with the car.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
Topher5000

Drives: Yellow 2SS/RS
I've tried 2 USB sticks in my '10 2SS, a 16gb Duracell & a 4gb Cruzer, & neither work. When I insert it, it'll start playing the first song while it indexes the songs, but then it says that there are no supported files & switches to the CD. If I leave it in, after a while it will automatically switch to the USB input & restart indexing, but then the same thing happens. It will keep doing this until I unplug the stick.
I don't know if this will fix it, but my car's due for it's first service on the 22nd, so I'll print out the service bulletin & bring it in.
From reading this, this isn't just a software update, but a replacement of the PDIM module, correct?
Topher5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #21
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher5000 View Post
I've tried 2 USB sticks in my '10 2SS, a 16gb Duracell & a 4gb Cruzer, & neither work. When I insert it, it'll start playing the first song while it indexes the songs, but then it says that there are no supported files & switches to the CD. If I leave it in, after a while it will automatically switch to the USB input & restart indexing, but then the same thing happens. It will keep doing this until I unplug the stick.
I don't know if this will fix it, but my car's due for it's first service on the 22nd, so I'll print out the service bulletin & bring it in.
From reading this, this isn't just a software update, but a replacement of the PDIM module, correct?
Correct. Theyre replacing my module tomorrow afternoon. I asked about just doing software, and they told me its the module thats faulty.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #22
SDCamaro10

PDIM update

Ok, so I just got done with the dealer installing a new PDIM. After it was all said and done, i got back in the car and immediately plugged in my iphone, and mp3 players. Low and behold, SAME hardware and software versions, and problems NOT fixed. They ordered the same part number that the car originally had. So even though its a 'new' part, the newest software was not installed in it.

I had to sit down with the service guys again and go through the TIS2WEB information with them, show them what was needed, showed them what the updates were supposed to fix and the service guy that actually installed the part was saying that CC/CE and the original part number is the latest thats out.

I beg to differ, especially if another member here reports having DA/DX and no more issues.

The service tech also mentioned that each time he tried to update software on the PDIM, that it would lock the hardware out. To this I asked, "So what software version is he trying to update the PDIM with?" Got no real response on that, and I asked if they were trying to update software on old hardware, again no response and if they had actually tried ordering the other part number, and also no response.

The information we are getting here, and seeing on the TIS website is different then what they see apparently. They have no other knowledge of any of the part numbers and software versions that we discuss here. What they are going to do, is contact GM for assistance and try to find out what software is what, what parts are what, if there is any new updates, etc etc.. and then they'll call me back.

The service was good, and the employees were respectful, no arguements or anything.. so I hope they come through with something. I mentioned the OC meet and how were all meeting up with Scott Settlemire and Cheryl Pilcher etc, and the eyes lit up like "Oh God this dude knows people." Lol.. I might mention the PDIM issue at the meet though and see if maybe they know anything or can offer any other advise on how to get it fixed.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
I hope you get this figured out. I also have DA/DX and have ZERO issues. I can even pull the USB out and re-insert it and the PDIM remembers where it left off.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #24
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Can you take a picture of your radio showing the version numbers so people can show this to the dealer when they say there is no newer version.

Since none of the dealerships seem to even know what tisweb is, makes you wonder why does the site even exist and I still don't understand how is it we can access it, which should be a private gm site.
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Hope this helps!!
Attached Images

Last edited by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3; 10-06-2010 at 08:41 PM.
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #26
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Can you take a picture of your radio showing the version numbers so people can show this to the dealer when they say there is no newer version.

Since none of the dealerships seem to even know what tisweb is, makes you wonder why does the site even exist and I still don't understand how is it we can access it, which should be a private gm site.
They know what the TIS2WEB is(actual techs do anyway).. its just that they have to go off of bulletin numbers, TSB's, recalls.. not customer recommendations. Don't worry, well get to the bottom of this. It would be awesome if the GM employees / techs that look at this thread, would pass this up the chain so that a notice can be sent to the dealerships, or have a bulletin created to tell the service techs exactly what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
Hope this helps!!
I took a picture of this with my phone.. lol. next time im there im going to show them if they tell me the only version is CC/CE. Thanks for the proof!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #27
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
I went to the dealership today and took a printout of the tis2web information and the hardware part #20927510. They told me that part # is for an Equinox and they cannot order a replacement without a bulletin.

It is nice to know that some owners now have DA/DX and no issues, but it is frustrating for those of us who cannot get the dealer to provide the upgrade. Could those users who have DA/DX (wrgdave0914 or IBM/2SS/RS/LS3) please tell us how you got it? Did your Camaro come with this version or did you ask for a PDIM upgrade? Was there any specific information you shared with the dealer that steered them in the right direction?

It would be nice if Codeman could provide some assistance now that we seem to be so close to a resolution on this issue.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #28
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
I went to the dealership today and took a printout of the tis2web information and the hardware part #20927510. They told me that part # is for an Equinox and they cannot order a replacement without a bulletin.

It is nice to know that some owners now have DA/DX and no issues, but it is frustrating for those of us who cannot get the dealer to provide the upgrade. Could those users who have DA/DX (wrgdave0914 or IBM/2SS/RS/LS3) please tell us how you got it? Did your Camaro come with this version or did you ask for a PDIM upgrade? Was there any specific information you shared with the dealer that steered them in the right direction?

It would be nice if Codeman could provide some assistance now that we seem to be so close to a resolution on this issue.
Without a warranty issue or a recall bulletin the dealership can not order the new PDIM free of charge. If you want the new PDIM and software, you will have to pay out of pocket for it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote