Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #15
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Evotion, when did you order yours, and when do you get yours? I am going to give them Camaro Scotty's list, that's for sure.
Ordered 10/20. The pisser is... if I had not ordered CGM that IOM car would have been mine... but I got bumped:(

Got pulled 4/9. Sitting at 3400 currently. My TPW according to most would have been first week of May, but I'm not counting on it. Either way it looks like it's been averaging about 2 weeks til delivery from build date. Could be May... could be June... but seeing this one tonight... at least I know now they exist.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #16
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
They told me July or August now, its better than Sept, then again I think we know more then them:bangdesk:
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #17
Rob490

Drives: NONE
Its a sticker?

Where i live the local lexus dealer marks it with the same thing as the original right where it says lexus they add of glendale
Rob490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #18
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
... I think we know more then them:bangdesk:

At least you guys can go in there in person and smack them around if you need to.

It was pretty tough to convey my rage via email when Colby told me they weren't going to honor the military discount.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #19
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob490 View Post
Its a sticker?

Where i live the local lexus dealer marks it with the same thing as the original right where it says lexus they add of glendale
It is a sticker, it will probably come off with a hairdryer, but why go there.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #20
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post

At least you guys can go in there in person and smack them around if you need to.

It was pretty tough to convey my rage via email when Colby told me they weren't going to honor the military discount.
That sucks!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they would do that, especially here. DMAFB sends a lot of business their way, that pisses me off too.

I am going to call them tomorrow and subtly hint about it... will let you know if I hear anything new.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It's plastic not a sticker. Just tell them to "please" remove it it should not hurt the paint.

As someone else on the forum suggest in another thread on same subject. Tell then in advance no stickers or logos unless U want them.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #22
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
It's plastic not a sticker. Just tell them to "please" remove it it should not hurt the paint.

As someone else on the forum suggest in another thread on same subject. Tell then in advance no stickers or logos unless U want them.
Its a rubbery sticker, my buddy just bought a Traverse last week from there. It should come off easy, your right
Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #23
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
That sucks!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe they would do that, especially here. DMAFB sends a lot of business their way, that pisses me off too.

I am going to call them tomorrow and subtly hint about it... will let you know if I hear anything new.
I was pretty mad about it at first. One of the only reasons I agreed to a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and ordered from there instead of just waiting was because they told me they'd honor anything GM offered. I pitched an epic fit and Colby just said (to paraphrase), "If you don't like it, we'll sell it to someone else. No one is honoring discounts. There are plenty of people who want this car." He did offer to give me my deposit back, but at that point (a few weeks ago), I was already pretty emotionally invested in having the car soon.

If you can sway them, that'd be awesome. I even mentioned that I'll be going to Afghanistan in the near-ish future, but no love. :( I don't ever pull the Marine card, but this seemed like a good time to give it a shot.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #24
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
I was pretty mad about it at first. One of the only reasons I agreed to a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and ordered from there instead of just waiting was because they told me they'd honor anything GM offered. I pitched an epic fit and Colby just said (to paraphrase), "If you don't like it, we'll sell it to someone else. No one is honoring discounts. There are plenty of people who want this car." He did offer to give me my deposit back, but at that point (a few weeks ago), I was already pretty emotionally invested in having the car soon.

If you can sway them, that'd be awesome. I even mentioned that I'll be going to Afghanistan in the near-ish future, but no love. :( I don't ever pull the Marine card, but this seemed like a good time to give it a shot.
I am going to talk to Carlos the GM in the next few days, we can band together
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #25
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
I am going to talk to Carlos the GM in the next few days, we can band together
always get things in writting!
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #26
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

I checked out the first Tucson Camaro today, it was a 1SS manual, Inferno Orange, my wife looked at it earlier today, it is bigger than it looks on the web, the rally strips are flat, and installed by the dealer, they look great. The owner told the dealer not to let anyone site in it, I understand , I owner traded a BMW for it. It was suppose to have ground effects on it too, but the owner said he did not order that option, funny, it was on the sticker, maybe sticker shock . I told my salesman, to not put that dang sticker on my car either, and it maybe a good idea to ask fanatic buyers like me if we do not want the sticker on. I just the second one that came in was for a 16 year old girl??? damn, I was I know a girl like that in High School. My salesman told me that whem my order gets picked up by gm is when my msrp gets set, is this right, or would it be when I ordered 3/31/09?

:party0038::5thgenvert:

just playing with the emots
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Here is a picture of the strips being applied. It is a matte finish, I saw it later when it was finished, it came out nice.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #28
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
My 5 yr old is responsible for most of the pics
good pics for a youngin

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote