Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Test drove (and ordering) a 1LT today

I test drove a black 1LT today, loved it. It had more pickup than I expected from a V6. Blew away the Mustang V6s I've driven. Very, very smooth ride, and very comfortable to drive. The car just drove itself.

Fit and finish was also excellent. I looked for unseemly gaps, orange peeling, etc. Saw none of that.

Wife liked it too! So... I'm ordering one now!

The dealer (Superteam in Vallejo) had marked it up $10k... OK...

Last edited by mikenmar; 05-24-2009 at 12:42 PM.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Welcome to the site

great to get it at MSRP...good to hear you didn't see anything wrong with one...

...your wait?? it depends on how many allocations your dealer has and what number you are.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
Welcome to the site

great to get it at MSRP...good to hear you didn't see anything wrong with one...

...your wait?? it depends on how many allocations your dealer has and what number you are.
Welcome. Your paint is a couple of bills more than other colors. Haven't seen it in person but I'd be willing to say I bet it;s freaking hot.

Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
mikenmar

Yeah, probably gonna have to keep an extra eye out for the cops with that color...

BTW, I did have one negative: I wasn't really impressed with the Boston Audio sound. I admit that I didn't spend a lot time fussing with it, but it had the same kind of badly-EQ'd/low-midrange sound I associate with Bose. (And apologies to you Bose-lovers out there -- to each his own, and if you like it, that's fine, but it just doesn't sound good to my ears.)

So I'm going to skip the Boston audio setup and look for something else.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
mikenmar

Oh, one other thing -- these cars are serious head-turners!

This was a 20-min test drive. People were honking at us. We pulled up at a stoplight and the guy next to us leans out his window and starts asking questions about the car.

And this was black, not a color I'd imagine to be a head-turner (though I may be wrong about that).
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
swag

Drives: 2002 Chevy S10
I have seen that color and it looks very hot. but I thought it was only the 2LT that had the boston acoustic sound system. I don't think the 1lt does.
swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
mikenmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by swag View Post
but I thought it was only the 2LT that had the boston acoustic sound system. I don't think the 1lt does.
It's an option. I don't know why, but the dealer had a 1LT with several options (BA audio, connectivity package, power sunroof). Maybe someone ordered it and reneged, or maybe they wanted to show it.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Lakailb87

Drives: 03 RSX Type S
I sat in that car but when I went there they werent letting anyone test drive it was just sitting in their showroom, I laughed at them when I saw the markup, and for a 1LT.
Lakailb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
mikenmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakailb87 View Post
I sat in that car but when I went there they werent letting anyone test drive it was just sitting in their showroom, I laughed at them when I saw the markup, and for a 1LT.
Yeah, they wanted $37 and change! I thought they were nuts. Of course they tried to give me the whole spiel, but I said "Look I've got a meeting, the other dealer gave me MSRP on an order, call me if you can beat that" and walked out as fast as I could. I'm sure they'll call back on Monday and offer it for $36.5.

BTW, one thing I wasn't planning on ordering originally, but changed my mind about b/c of the test drive: The sun roof. The windows on these are way too slim; you really need another large opening if you want to feel the outside. (And here in California, that's half the pleasure of driving.)
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
Oh, one other thing -- these cars are serious head-turners!

This was a 20-min test drive. People were honking at us. We pulled up at a stoplight and the guy next to us leans out his window and starts asking questions about the car.

And this was black, not a color I'd imagine to be a head-turner (though I may be wrong about that).

Ugh and im ordering a yellow one. How the hell do i look invisible with that color combo lol? I live in a small town as well so its gona be bad for a while.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #11
MustangSlayer10

Drives: Richland Chevy
Where the heck did you test drive it. Yea super team in Vallejo not only had it marked up 10 g but also said it would be at least a year before anyone could test drive a camaro at any dealership. But what do you expect from a dealership that also sales mazdas and hundais. Bad representative for all of gm. Shame!!!!
MustangSlayer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
mikenmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSlayer10 View Post
Where the heck did you test drive it. Yea super team in Vallejo not only had it marked up 10 g but also said it would be at least a year before anyone could test drive a camaro at any dealership.
Well they've changed their policy then, because they definitely let me test drive it. They said they had to do a credit check first, but other than that, no problem.

We got on I80 towards Sacto. As soon as I merged on, there was nobody in the neighboring lanes (and no cops), so I floored it, veered four lanes over to the left, and left my foot on the gas until the salesman was visibly uncomfortable!

We took a windy road on the way back; the car just sailed along like a windglider.

But they wouldn't budge on the price, and wouldn't give me MSRP on an order (in fact I never did get a number from them on an order for the specs I gave them -- how crazy is that?).

Last edited by mikenmar; 05-24-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
94Z28
94Z28

Drives: red 94' camaro z-28
test drove a 2lt black, loads of power turned heads everywhere 26000.00 thornton chevrolet outside of atlanta no markup.......... I drive a emaculate 94-Z28 love my car but this new one is off the frigin' chain..........
94Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #14
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
Well they've changed their policy then, because they definitely let me test drive it. They said they had to do a credit check first, but other than that, no problem.

We got on I80 towards Sacto. As soon as I merged on, there was nobody in the neighboring lanes (and no cops), so I floored it, veered four lanes over to the left, and left my foot on the gas until the salesman was visibly uncomfortable!

We took a windy road on the way back; the car just sailed along like a windglider.

But they wouldn't budge on the price, and wouldn't give me MSRP on an order (in fact I never did get a number from them on an order for the specs I gave them -- how crazy is that?).
So I ordered mine from Ed Cerepak at Putnam this morning. ecerepak@putnamgm.com . I emailed him, he emailed back the quote (MSRP plus taxes and registration). He called me up, and I gave him the number for a deposit -- that was it! It was by far the most trouble-free experience with a car salesman I've ever had. Highly recommended.

He said they're quoting a 12-14 week wait, but that he expected it to be less now that things are up and running. Frankly, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it's here in 12 weeks or less.

This is the same experience I had with Mr. Cerepak. Straight forward, no nonsense. The only hard part of the ordering process has been the wait ( nothing the dealership can change). I recommend Mr. Cerepak to all that are interested in a new Chevrolet.
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote