Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #57
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Nothing has changed. The 2010 model year for the Camaro will just have an extremely long run, being built in 2008, for sale in early 2009.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #58
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
i thought at first it looked like papers, of some kind....but now it almost looks like a bottle.
It does look like some sort of bottle on the windshield. Almost like bottle of sunscreen. Is it real hot and sunny down there this time of year?

or maybe its Octane boost
Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #59
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by hftech View Post
wait, the post on the main page says "2010" Camaro....Thought it was going to be a 2009, released in what...possibly January 09??? I don't want to have to wait any longer!!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816

OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #60
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
STUNNING!! I'm not suprised about the rear view mirror. I do like the fact that they enlarged the side mirrors and but kept it true to the concept. I think the wheels are 19 and should be an option.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #61
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Awesome! Can't wait to see/hear the news for November. Hopefully more pics will be leaked!!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #62
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I could be totally wrong, but it looks to me like the thing on the windshield is the key ring (key, fob, and a tag). On all the car lots I worked on, we used to put the keys under the wiper like that when we were moving the lot around. And when I went to the Lexus Ride-and-Drive (training), they almost always put the keys under the wiper....easy to find and can't be locked in the car from there.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #63
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
another mention of b-pillar

(as TAG mentioned earlier), I am wondering why you can't see the b-pillar on the passenger side.

I guess the door windows are huge and you just can't see the passenger b-pillar at this angle in the photo.

I think it would be cool if GM is lying and there actually will not be a b-pillar, in an effort to keep others from copying the Camaro.

It looks as if he is hiding the b-pillar because there really isn't one there and it's a surprise to be mentioned later.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #64
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Looks like the concept steering wheel a little too.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #65
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
(as TAG mentioned earlier), I am wondering why you can't see the b-pillar on the passenger side.

I guess the door windows are huge and you just can't see the passenger b-pillar at this angle in the photo.

I think it would be cool if GM is lying and there actually will not be a b-pillar, in an effort to keep others from copying the Camaro.

It looks as if he is hiding the b-pillar because there really isn't one there and it's a surprise to be mentioned later.
I'm sure GM took care of details like that in the image before they released it to the dogs
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #66
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
What I would have done if I were GM would be show a B pillar, show that the cowl isn't there anymore, show that there isn't a nifty gascap, etc, basically make it boring to enrage us and keep us arguing for some time to come. I'm sure that there are people at GM that can use photoshop as well as anyone. THEN when the real deal hits us we will fall in love again.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #67
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
That's true... There's nothing to say that they didn't photoshop this image before releasing it... There was a delay of a few days there, and it's not like they had to develop any film or anything.

I seriously doubt that GM would straight out lie to us and say "There will be a B-Pillar" if they weren't actually planning on putting one on. If anything, they would have hinted towards it and left us all to jump to our own conclusions, which we certainly would.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #68
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I could be totally wrong, but it looks to me like the thing on the windshield is the key ring (key, fob, and a tag). On all the car lots I worked on, we used to put the keys under the wiper like that when we were moving the lot around. And when I went to the Lexus Ride-and-Drive (training), they almost always put the keys under the wiper....easy to find and can't be locked in the car from there.
Agreed...key fob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post

At first, I thought (since there was no b-pillar) that it could have been an old picture. Then chalked it up to it being a large window and us just not being able to see the pillar. It would be nice if GM was the only one to not have a b-pillar. But, the way I see it, Ford put the pillar in the Mustang, Dodge, put it in the Challenger, and basically, it's going to happen on the Camaro. There's no reason for GM to hide that fact anymore. The competition kind of gave in (if you will) by putting in the pillar. I understand. I was upset at first. But, I'm over it. I "HAVE FAITH!!!"

And yeah...that would make my day if it was really not there and that was the plan on building it. That would really get me stoked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
Looks like the concept steering wheel a little too.
That's another thing I was really hoping they'd keep. I loved that steering wheel.

Oh, and I don't think they PD's that photo. I bet it's just a regular old photo from a cell phone or something.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #69
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Oh, and I don't think they PD's that photo. I bet it's just a regular old photo from a cell phone or something.
Don't underestimate them. Ed is standing there for a reason, if they covered one B Pillar, they would blur/black out the other.

I have no doubt that is a well designed teaser pic to keep the chatter going
Old 10-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #70
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Agreed...key fob
I am not disagreeing, but damn if it is, thats a big key fob.

maybe 3-4 inches long?