Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #4803
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
What you fail to grasp is this isnt GM these modules are bought from someone else. And then usually the maker doesnt even speak english. Car companies have various suppliers for everything. When i worked at the proving grounds I probably could of got him directly in contact with someone that may be able to help but that was over 10 years ago and GM closed down that facility anyhow I think nissan owns it now.

I dont know if it has changed recently but back when i worked at a gm dealership we would try to solve issues of this nature to all the steps defined and document our work etc. Then we had to create a case in a GM database then usually a regional rep would contact us and may possibly have some other stuff to try. Then if that didnt work they would schedule some one to come in and check it out and from there not sure never saw a case go past that point...

Maybe fbodfather can help not sure what his role is with GM...
So who makes the module? And is the code written in English or mandarin?/ tawainese/ Korean?
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #4804
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
depends on the supplier at the time
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #4805
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
depends on the supplier at the time
Speedsters I believe is an early 2010.

I think it's very possible to get a true programmer to go into the system and eliminate limp mode.

Also I hate limp mode, I had an equinox that got water in the sunroof by accident and it put my car in limp
Mode.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #4806
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Like driyac said though, isn't there a possibility someone with GM would know who to contact, which company is currently providing these BCM's... and or who writes the code...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #4807
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Like driyac said though, isn't there a possibility someone with GM would know who to contact, which company is currently providing these BCM's... and or who writes the code...
Thats my point. There are some very talented people at gm who woul love to take a crack at this I bet.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #4808
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. Now we just need them to notice that Bruce needs help.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #4809
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep. Now we just need them to notice that Bruce needs help.
Nothing ever came to anyone that waited.....

If you know someone, make a call for Bruce.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #4810
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Thats my point. There are some very talented people at gm who woul love to take a crack at this I bet.
And it may not be someone at GM, but there is bound to be someone at GM that knows someone at the company that writes the code...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #4811
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
There are several of us getting ready to put AMS1000 boost controllers in our cars. We may all need to know the fix for this issue.

Best of luck with it, Bruce.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #4812
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
There are several of us getting ready to put AMS1000 boost controllers in our cars. We may all need to know the fix for this issue.

The more I think about this, there is no way GM let a manufacturer program the BCM. Ecspeially a chinese one at thy. That is proprietary information and they would not source this out to the manufacturer of the BCM. Now they most likely have a department in house or a company that does this.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #4813
xx_ED_xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

DE, Bruces car is speshul! I dont think yours will have any issue. Unless of course you plan on replacing the engine PCM with an aftermarket one
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #4814
xx_ED_xx

Quote:
The more I think about this, there is no way GM let a manufacturer program the BCM. Ecspeially a chinese one at thy. That is proprietary information and they would not source this out to the manufacturer of the BCM. Now they most likely have a department in house or a company that does this.
Give them a call and find out
Old 04-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #4815
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Hey -

Just popped back on here. You are right about the BCM in terms of it is proprietary and you just don't give that information freely. Plus from GM's point of view, it is tied directly to the safety systems which would open up a can of worms with respect to potential lawsuits.

One of the guys is tracing every wire path right now. They are mapping all of the input sensors and are playing with them one at a time to find the culprit.

With regards to the AMS-1000, Ed is right, you will not have any problems with it. The SST is tricky because it uses standalone computers to run the drivetrain.

Quote:
Bruce I have been following your thread for a while and your car is awesome.....help you program out limp mode.

Thanks ! ...and limp mode basically sucks !
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #4816
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey -

Just popped back on here. You are right about the BCM in terms of it is proprietary and you just don't give that information freely. Plus from GM's point of view, it is tied directly to the safety systems which would open up a can of worms with respect to potential lawsuits.

One of the guys is tracing every wire path right now. They are mapping all of the input sensors and are playing with them one at a time to find the culprit.

With regards to the AMS-1000, Ed is right, you will not have any problems with it. The SST is tricky because it uses standalone computers to run the drivetrain.

Thanks ! ...and limp mode basically sucks !
So your issue is with the Aftermarket PCM communicating with the BCM? or does the camaro not have a PCM and only a BCM and that is causing the problem?

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo