Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #113
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
mine leaked and was fixed under warranty
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #114
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Don't feel bad it's happening to the silverados too. My 2010 with the 6.2 had an oil cooler leak last yr

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #115
Bobtorious

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2018 Durango SRT
Send a message via ICQ to Bobtorious
Add another one to the list.... calling dealer tomorrow.
Bobtorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #116
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
Looks like I might get to join the club. While I was getting my suspension bushings, sways, brakes upgraded, the shop owner found the same issue. I could almost copy the picture already posted and submit it here. On to the dealer after the Labor day weekend to see what happens next. From the posts, I will confirm that they will use dye, and bring up that the oil cooler can make it seem other items are the culprit. Thanks for those that posted in here. One side question, I know every company has turn over but I saw 4 different Chevy service responders on this thread and they all were not aware of this. The owner of the shop new it was an issue with that area since he has seen it before even on his camaro. My car has 22,000 didn't notice oil leaking so maybe this was caught early? but doubt it.
I keep you posted....
Please let us know how service goes after you set an appointment. We are here for your questions or comments.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #117
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
My dealer is going to replace the oil pan gasket. I have faith that the dealer will fix it right, just concerned how many times I will need to take it in. I know they are following protocol and have had work done there before with no issues. My concern is the dropping of the suspension, since my recent replacement of aftermarket parts, and if the alignment will be different than what my part installer set it to for road course setup.
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #118
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
My dealer is going to replace the oil pan gasket. I have faith that the dealer will fix it right, just concerned how many times I will need to take it in. I know they are following protocol and have had work done there before with no issues. My concern is the dropping of the suspension, since my recent replacement of aftermarket parts, and if the alignment will be different than what my part installer set it to for road course setup.
Please let us know how everything goes during your service appointment and if the dealership was able to address your concern properly. We are here at your convenience!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #119
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

I haven't even been able to get it on the track yet, I guess it is a good thing that this was noticed before a push the car a little. Even with all the problems these cars are experiencing, I wouldn't trade it for any other. I was stoked when it was revealed in 06 and excited when it hit production looking as much as the concept looked. Hopefully in 2 days I will get my car back and will update as the weeks go by. I have to say that I am pretty lucky being close to a customer friendly dealer, and Camaro Scotty!

Thanks Brandon,
I don't forsee an issue, even if the oil pan is not the fix. I know my dealer will work to get it right. Glad to have the 5 year 100,000 mile(5 years will come up first) warranty for issues like this. I will keep you posted as well. How many of service reps do you have patroling the site?

Last edited by carrs_crew; 09-05-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: note to brandon
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #120
Bobtorious

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2018 Durango SRT
Send a message via ICQ to Bobtorious
I have a faulty oil cooler. Dealer will be replacing.
Bobtorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #121
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #122
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Doh! I installed my catback system today and noticed that my oil cooler is also leaking where it screws on to the block.. Problem is my warranty just ran out. I am going to try and fix it myself. Or would the warranty still cover it? I only have 5,285 miles on my Camaro.
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #123
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You do realize your you have a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty......

3/36k is for everything else.
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #124
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Oh awesome! Thanx, then I will take it in next week. Hopefully the Corsa catback exhaust I just installed doesn't void that warranty.
Has nothing to do with it. Dealer should fix the issue with no problem.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #125
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Dealer had it done less than 1 1/2 days, I will get her out soon and see if she leaks, and keep checking the cardboard from then on, as well as get her up and look at the undercarriage.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #126
pixxy

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
I had a leaky oil pan gasket replaced two weeks ago...the also replaced the oil cooler gasket...so far it seems to have fixed the problem.
pixxy is offline   Reply With Quote