Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #169
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykay View Post
Any update on this issue from anyone who took their cars in? I just recently noticed this happening to my vehicle and took it into the shop. I went on a test drive with the tech and he said he has to order some part for the tranny??
There will not be any update. Many people at GM told me SOL. So I tuned it out. No looking back now. I didn't start this thread for me however. I started it to make sure GM was aware at how unhappy people are with AFM on the camaro, and hoping that they would offer a new tune that would disable AFM when the shifter is in M/S mode.

A part for the transmission? I'll stay tuned for your results. I'm not going to throw up the that quick.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #170
dannykay

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
There will not be any update. Many people at GM told me SOL. So I tuned it out. No looking back now. I didn't start this thread for me however. I started it to make sure GM was aware at how unhappy people are with AFM on the camaro, and hoping that they would offer a new tune that would disable AFM when the shifter is in M/S mode.

A part for the transmission? I'll stay tuned for your results. I'm not going to throw up the that quick.
That part for the transmission turned into the following response from the dealership...."these sounds and vibrations that you hear are normal and characteristics of all camaros"......lmao
dannykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #171
Switchback700

Drives: 2010 2SS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Steve View Post
This is exactally what mine does.
I've had the car less than two weeks now and if I had known just what this AFM was going to be like I would not have bought the car. Durring the test drive I was "encouraged" to accellerate alot, and never really noticed it. Now that is all I feel, it is engaging almost constantly. I paid for a V8 engine but what I have is a V4!!! I want the rest of my engine!!
There is no valid reason for this not to be as sellectable as traction/stabillity control!!

Amen Brother!..... but some people, including GM, still believe "AFM is working exactly as it was intended " ..... AFM should have never been put on this car! Glad mine is gone, just too bad I had to void my warranty to get this Camaro to sound and run like it should have from the factory.
Switchback700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #172
yungd83

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
with the new diablo tuner can't you disable it and if you have a issue enable it since the diablo tuner doesn't leave a watermark and is from what i heard untraceable?
yungd83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #173
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
with the new diablo tuner can't you disable it and if you have a issue enable it since the diablo tuner doesn't leave a watermark and is from what i heard untraceable?
I don't believe that is true. Check around for yourself. If GM wants to know, they can tell. From what I understand is every time it is flashed, a counter gets incremented. When GM sends a flash to the dealer for your car (if for some reason they have to re-flash it), they record the current counter. That way they can tell if you flashed it and the flashed it back with the original. But don't take my word for it.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #174
yungd83

What about if a nondealer. Wink wink uses a tech2 and shuts it off
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #175
yungd83

Can Gm tell if a tech2 turns it on and off
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #176
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback700 View Post
Amen Brother!..... but some people, including GM, still believe "AFM is working exactly as it was intended " ..... AFM should have never been put on this car! Glad mine is gone, just too bad I had to void my warranty to get this Camaro to sound and run like it should have from the factory.
LMAO... quoting a post from last year... AFM is on many GM cars not just the Camaro and working as designed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
Can Gm tell if a tech2 turns it on and off
...a flashed ECM is a flashed ECM... doesn't matter where it comes from... so Yes they can tell, if they bother to look.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #177
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I am glad I read this post because I am taking mine in Wednesday for the same issue, maybe now I know what to expect (nothing). I have a 2010 SS early version with only 6100 miles. Wish me luck, maybe I will trade it in for a Volt.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #178
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible

is this the sound of AFM? My dealership insists that this is because of AFM, but it does not match what Iīve read and heard, so I donīt believe them. They are the same dealership that couldnīt replicate my squeeking brakes, eventhough my brakes were squeeking when they dropped it off in front of me, so I already know they are "liars"
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #179
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
is this the sound of AFM? My dealership insists that this is because of AFM, but it does not match what Iīve read and heard, so I donīt believe them. They are the same dealership that couldnīt replicate my squeeking brakes, eventhough my brakes were squeeking when they dropped it off in front of me, so I already know they are "liars"
NO
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #180
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Good to know. Any idea what it can be? I donīt get any help from my dealership, so I kinda have to figure this out myself... :(
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #181
Flying24

Drives: Orange Crush 2021 ZL1 1LE
I wonder if the ZL-1 has AFM with it's automatic version ? if not why is it in a SS model. If you want fuel mileage get a V6.
Flying24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #182
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
Good to know. Any idea what it can be? I donīt get any help from my dealership, so I kinda have to figure this out myself... :(
I have no idea. However, I would simply take it to another dealer. You can take it to another chevy dealer, or even a cadillac dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying24 View Post
I wonder if the ZL-1 has AFM with it's automatic version ? if not why is it in a SS model. If you want fuel mileage get a V6.
I doubt it, but not sure. The ZL1 has the gas guzzler tax, but the SS does not. From my understanding, GM has to meet govt. standards based on their entire fleet of vehicles.