Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
tweeters

anyone here have tweeters ? A shop told me they could put both in for around 60 bucks and there super loud (how i like my music ) I know i have to have bass all the way off but i have a blown rear left speaker. Is it worth getting fixed befeore the tweeters install ? Because I dont know if the tweeters are the only things using sound or if it uses the stock speakers as well sorrryy i am uneducated about car audio.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Say what?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
tiny little loud speakers that go in the corners of driver and pass. by the windows
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
zslewis

Drives: 2010 TT Camaro SS
did your car not come with tweeters? I know mine did

Zach
zslewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
razorduck
Self Made Thousandaire

Drives: 2011 SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslewis View Post
did your car not come with tweeters? I know mine did
Right on the door by the side mirror...On the inside of course...
razorduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Mine has them ...
Old 03-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
mine too, and your rear speakers have two more inside.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
i only know about cars with the boston acoustics package, and those definitely have tweeters.

the tweeters are gonna give you more high end clarity and frequency response if you don't already have em. No matter what though, you will hear the blown speaker breaking up the sound until you get it replaced, so I'd hit that first.

After this, if you are looking for loud, I'd get a simple subwoofer/amp or powered sub installed. Someone probably blew the speaker in your car because they were turning it up to hear more low end frequencies, and a subwoofer will give you that loud thump while enjoying music well below the damage-your-shit level.

Speaking of "thump" I hear that Steve from Sub-Thump makes amazing kits for the stereos in our cars, check em out.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
non-BA systems have them as well.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
You can buy tweeters online almost anywhere and drop them in where the stock ones were.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I would do a little research on tweets as well as potentially other speakers. If you have on that is blown and you replace just the tweets your sound is going to come out "tinny".

Some have mentioned on here losing the rear field completely and just setting up the front stage with a sub. This may be something else for you to think about.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
I would do a little research on tweets as well as potentially other speakers. If you have on that is blown and you replace just the tweets your sound is going to come out "tinny".

Some have mentioned on here losing the rear field completely and just setting up the front stage with a sub. This may be something else for you to think about.

Cheers
K
x2 - research research research

60.00 installed for a set of tweeters, I would really question the quality and sound your going to get from those tweeters. not to say that car audio has to be expensive, hell, parts express sells some REALLY amazingly good tweeters relatively inexpensively but 60.00 installed?

if it were me, I would take a step back, ask myself what the ultimate goal is with the stereo system in the car and then decide whether or not just adding a set of tweeters is going to accomplish that goal. most of the time, it wont.

the factory system from GM isnt horrible, but like all factory systems, its lacking in a lot of ways that can be relatively easy to address.

So, what do you want out of the system? How much do you want to spend? Hoe much are you WILLING to spend and what kind of music do you listen to at high-volume. Answer those questions and your on your way to a plan...

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote