Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #29
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Pretty easy to tell. Turn key to RUN, look at display. If it says 1.0 bar with the engine off, then it's normal bar.

Bar is used for air pressure, absolute. 1 bar means nothing. It could be 14.0 or 14.7 PSIA, you don't know, nor do you care. If you boost 2:1, you are 2 bar manifold pressure (2 volumes of air per ci), 3:1 = 3 bar manifold pressure (3 volumes of air per ci).

Let's say you need to add fuel. 2 bar means a double shot, 3 bar means a triple shot. Based on how much fuel it takes to get AF ratio at 1 bar.

So... that engine is idling at 22 psi oil pressure at 203°F (hot). That's about right. If it was 37psi hot, it's not at idle.
It's zero bar with the engine off and key in run. It's not being calculated as an absolute.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #30
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
why so serious?
It's not a huge issue for me, since I don't have to deal with it. I'm just old school and grew up with oil gauges that read PSI. It worked then and it works now. Why do we have to change everything? And GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #31
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
I have a 13, but my DIC doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

Should I be happy or sad?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #32
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I was going to install the 4 gauge pack on my 2014 ,but once you get used to it on the dash between the spedo and tac I have come to like it better then the 4 pack on the console . In the old days I had that on my 1969 Z28 ,and we used to call them crash gauges because you had to look down and right to see them . You try that when your 17 years old drunk and stoned ,and your going to end up in a ditch sooner or later .