Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #71
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Doesn't it have .95 G+ capabilities? That's pretty serious for a street car!
It's nice but even the 1LEs that are serious are still getting pedderized and the difference between stock and real coils and Bushs and sways was pretty drastic at the auto cross circuit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #72
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Never said anything but.. for stock it is great but that is what it is and stock is mediocre at best.
Nothing is ever good enough stock.

Yes for us very small percent of car guys.

I think the upcoming "stock" Z/28 will blow us all away.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #73
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Never said anything but.. for stock it is great but that is what it is and stock is mediocre at best.

My post wasn't directed at you (if you took it that way) it was a general commentary on the hate I see for this car on the board.

It seems like a ton of people are salty about it. Either they are kicking themselves for not getting it or they are pissed because it wasn't available when they got their Camaro.

Now I whole Heartedly agree with you on stock is a compromise and it generally isn't good enough.

Hence why I just installed and ADM Race Intake and I have put on an Elite Catch Can and also a JDP clutch reservoir. I'm also looking to do LT's and ported heads plus a cam and a tune, also a bunch of Pedders products and some 305's out back. Guess what I don't have to worry about? Wheels, Fuel Pump, Axles, Gears, Gearing in my M6 for the meat of the power band, the majority of the suspension and a number of other things that others might.

Not arguing just stating the obvious.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #74
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:

A 1LE laps VIR 8 sec faster than a SS

Laps the Streets of Willow Springs 4 tenths of a second slower than a ferrari 458 italia, beats the M3 coupe by 5 sec...

I would hardly call that mediocre.

Anyone could throw thousands of dollars at their car to make it faster, but I guarantee you cannot add what the 1LE package adds for $3500. Also, some of us care about a warranty. So the 1LE is the perfect combo.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #75
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I have a sunroof, because it was in the car that had most of what i wanted and was on the lot. I didn't want one, mostly because I like the reverse mohawk lines that the car has without one. I was also looking at financing ratings starting to tick up a bit, a private offer that was about to expire and uncertain rebate rollovers... So I took the car and haven't regretted it. I'll likely never track the car, plus my kids love it!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #76
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
A 1LE laps VIR 8 sec faster than a SS

Laps the Streets of Willow Springs 4 tenths of a second slower than a ferrari 458 italia, beats the M3 coupe by 5 sec...

I would hardly call that mediocre.

Anyone could throw thousands of dollars at their car to make it faster, but I guarantee you cannot add what the 1LE package adds for $3500. Also, some of us care about a warranty. So the 1LE is the perfect combo.
it also beat out the Shelby GT 500!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299027
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #77
RACER

Drives: SS RS 1Le
I bought ours to race in scca events with my son. He's 6'4" no way to get the sunroof even if we wanted it. 95% of the time its on the street and this car rules the road! I've had 6 vettes, German performance sports etc. and this car out handles all. Perfect balance of power and handling. Hats off to Chevy engineers. As for the other options it's nice to have the choices to custom order the way your needs/wants desire.
RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #78
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Doesn't it have .95 G+ capabilities? That's pretty serious for a street car!
I was wrong it can exceed 1.0 G
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #79
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaST-1 View Post
My point of view is very focused on performance and to narrow that even further Road Racing or HPDE performance.

The 1LE answers that question and then the Z/28 next year.

Again this is my opinion and I am just curious what others think. I maybe too narrowly focused.

Why would anyone order a Sun Roof in a 1LE? It is wrong at every level for track use.

1. High weight actually raising the center of gravity
  2. Further reducing head room. At 6'1" I don't really clear the roof now with my helmet on. My helmetrf head is on the headline now.
  3. Most sanctioning bodies would require the removal and replacement with a metal skin anyway if you wanted to progress it into wheel to wheel.
I guess my point of view is how I view the intended use the car. It is not a drag car. It is a fine street car, but if is just being driven around on the street why pay the extra bucks for it. And Nav, what is that about?

I don't mean to bruise anyone's feeling, but I am curious to see if I am the only one who see it this way.
"Real performance cars don't have holes in the roof." John Sawruk

They buy them for street fun.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote