Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I thought the photo instructions that came with my RotoFab intake were great but this video would've been even better...now there is no excuse to get this mod if you're on the fence

Thanks again for giving me the idea of using electrical tape to seal and re-attach the top of my breather tube after it broke off while removing it from the stock intake; it's very thin plastic and it happened to a few other owners too I heard. But everything seems to be working fine now about 1000 miles so far with the mod and zero issues

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
lol, great video but mine did not go in nearly that simple. in fact i had to remove the filter and put it on last as i needed the extra space to get the box in. also my negative cable was so short/tight that it would barley reach around the intake box. fyi, the entire intake does not need to be removed to change the filter either as it says in the instructions. one small detail that bothered me was that mine came pre-stickered in silver so right away i had to remove the sticker to put on the red ones which left me none for my toolbox :( ive put a bunch of these on friends SS's and mine went in the hardest. very happy they included the fitting for the rx catch can though so i didnt have to drill. still happy with the finished product and also noticed 2 mpg gain on highway as long as i stayed 70 mph or lower, above 70 mileage went back to normal.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dave View Post
Does the filter element come pre oiled or is it run dry? Thanks for this video. Exactly what I was hoping for before I tackle my install. It was great to see the dreaded breather tube process done as many have have trouble with breaking it
The filter comes pre oiled.

Jeremiah
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Great video, but the included instructions ARE straight forward. I don't know how anybody could screw it up. 45-60 minute install tops. Good job Roto-Fab!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
kalamajama

Drives: 2012 ZL1 2002 Silverado, 2010 Prius
Very infomative. Geting ready to do mine this week. Can you tell me the order of install with the WW reservoir relocation, CAI, and the big gulp? I think somebody on the thread had said he might do it differently if doing it again. looked easy though.
kalamajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #20
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamajama View Post
Very infomative. Geting ready to do mine this week. Can you tell me the order of install with the WW reservoir relocation, CAI, and the big gulp? I think somebody on the thread had said he might do it differently if doing it again. looked easy though.
A few have said the reservoir is easier to engage the bottom mounting grommet with the factory intake removed and the Roto-fab not yet installed. If you go this route, install the tank, but don't route the tank outlet hose to the pump until after you have installed the air box as the line will run along the bottom of the air box, then drop down to the pump.

The WW pump itself may be easier to mount before installing the Big Gulp.

Another thing to keep in mind during the process- iif you have the stock WW reservoir completely out of the way before installing the Roto-fab, you have the possibility of damaging the pleates of the filter with the neck of the WW reservoir during removal.

Aside from these minor points, I don't think the install order really is too important. If you have any pointers after doing yours, please share them as you certainly arent' the first to ask.
Mike
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
I know lots of folks have purchased the Roto Fab CAI. I'm getting closer to putting in my order, but does it really increase power? I've read an increase of approx 20/22 HP. And does that increase affect the exhaust sound. Faster and louder, that gets a sale from me. I don't want anything that effects my warranty so this intake sounds like a good deal. Any feedback is truly appreciated. The longer you've had it installed the better, really like to hear your opinion.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I know lots of folks have purchased the Roto Fab CAI. I'm getting closer to putting in my order, but does it really increase power? I've read an increase of approx 20/22 HP. And does that increase affect the exhaust sound. Faster and louder, that gets a sale from me. I don't want anything that effects my warranty so this intake sounds like a good deal. Any feedback is truly appreciated. The longer you've had it installed the better, really like to hear your opinion.
There is a great gain to be had with this system. Here is a dyno sheet from a bone stock ZL1 overlapped with another run 30 minutes apart after installation of the Roto-Fab intake system. Keep in mind this dyno was done with the hood up, but I would expect similar gains coupled with the Big Gulp at freeway speeds.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

Are you serious or joking around? You post here everyday as do I and I know you have read the numerous praises for the Roto-Fab intake? You have seen the same before and after charts? Just buy the damn thing already, how many posts have you read that are titled, "I removed my Roto-Fab because it didn't do exactly what the others have said"?

Are your kids using the computer again? Password protect it just in case.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
Normagene

So do suggest going all the way. Big Gulp, Reservoir kit, and CAI? I at least got the catch can finally ordered!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...ordered a Roto-Fab ZL1 CAI from Phastek yesterday....sounds like this is the ticket by all accounts, can't wait to get it on....figuratively,...and literally...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
Normagene

Loved the install video. Anyone install the Big Gulp and/or Reservoir Kit? I think I can handle the CAI install, looks doable, but not sure of what all is involved the Big Gulp and Reservoir Kit. Easy or sort to complicated?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #27
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Are you serious or joking around? You post here everyday as do I and I know you have read the numerous praises for the Roto-Fab intake? You have seen the same before and after charts? Just buy the damn thing already, how many posts have you read that are titled, "I removed my Roto-Fab because it didn't do exactly what the others have said"?

Are your kids using the computer again? Password protect it just in case.
Sorry, a little loopy, major back surgery and just got out of hospital today. No driving for two weeks and can only take short rides in the passenger seat. Hopefully I will be a little better each day!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #28
Fiery re-Creation
Danger Zone

Drives: 2001 F-150; 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Fiery re-Creation
Quote:
Sorry, a little loopy, major back surgery and just got out of hospital today. No driving for two weeks and can only take short rides in the passenger seat. Hopefully I will be a little better each day!
Get well soon!