Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #29
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
RafCon, if you are looking to order at MSRP or below, check my post last night about the group/member discount. I should know by next friday what rate we can get the cars at but they will be at least MSRP and probably a little bit under.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #30
Sidewayz_510

Drives: 2010 BLK SS/RS & 2005 Range Rover
Theres 2 a yellow and a ABM two not sure of trim in sanjose courtesy right now!Theres a Black 2lt in Vallejo at Team in Vallejo. They are poppin up everywhere
Sidewayz_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #31
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

yeah, dealers are getting their initial allotments to sell or show how they please.Putnam has a yellow 2LT and is getting a 1SS next week. John Stewart Chevy apparantly has a yellow v6 also.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #32
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
Boardwalk in Redwood City is supposed to have a black 1LT but they have not called to confirm it has actually arrived. And considering I registered with them for information on the Camaro, was interesting that my brother-in-law was the one who forwarded me an e-mail annoucing their event for today. Although I called about an hour ago and the person answering the phone knew nothing of it. So who knows that is going on with this dealership. I'm more inclined to drive up to Putnam in Burlingame to check out the 1SS when it comes in.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #33
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I saw a silver 2RT at Hanlees in Davis earlier this week. Made sure I had enough legroom and headroom and that was about it. Seats felt comfortable, and liked the interior. I know some folks were complaining about the plastic inserts on the door panels, but I thought they were all right.

-JP
FrozenCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #34
MeBeTonto

Drives: '78 Z28
Hey guys, First time posting here. I'm sure a lot of you already know this but there is a guy in South City that has had a silver camaro in his drive way for months. Not sure how he got it so early. Lucky guy...

Oh and ya, that Mike guy at Stewart is horrible at getting back to people!
MeBeTonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #35
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well no one here on the peninsula has allocations available, but putnam chevy, and john stewart chevy both are selling for msrp.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
mjwaldschm

Actually Boardwalk in Redwood City had 4 initial allocations and did not sell even one of those yet. They had a black 1LT w/convience and connectivity, sunroof and 19" polished wheels. No RS package. MSPR was $27K (same price as listed on the VIN tracker spreadsheet). Car is in their show room but they will do test drives by appt.

Was nice to finally touch and sit in the vehicle. Finally encountered a salesperson there who had some knowledge about the vehicle but didn't try to pretend he knew it all. He admitted that the dealership wanted $5K over msrp and that was probably the reason they did not get one preorder.

Went to Putnam in Burlingame on Saturday hoping to see what they had and one was a sold preorder already picked up (I think it was RonMan from here) and they had already sold their showroom car. Although young salemans was so rude and full of himself trying to sell me a corvette by trying to tell me that a V8 was going to cost me $45K plus the $5K dealer mark-up. Told him no it won't and that he should spend more time studying Chevy's webpage for pricing.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #37
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

You need to talk to Benjamin Rivas at putnam. He's well aware of our forums and has treated me with respect/not condescended me each time I've spoken with him.

I think I will set up an appointment with Boardwalk to go test drive/look at the car on thurday or friday. I'd like to actually drive one to check out the blind spots and such. thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
mjwaldschm

The blind spots are there but in my opinion no more than previous gens. Although I have a vert so if I'm in a situation where I really need full view I just put the top down. Which is another reason I'm torn about waiting for the vert. Besides the fact there is nothing like cruising the coast during a summer day . . .

Michael Little was the sales guy that I dealt with and appreciated his honesty. Although he made me laugh after I starting spouting info to my husband about the vehicle as we did our walk around. Dude asked me if I worked for GM. He also said they have two V8s on order but they had just been submitted and wasn't sure of the event order code. He knew that the earliest they would see these new orders would be 8 weeks.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #39
mjg6

Drives: F150 4X4 Supercrew, Tahoe
Team Chevrolet in Vallejo had one 2SS and one LT, both black, on Friday when I stopped by. $9995 markup and the salesman said "they are not making many of these".
mjg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #40
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well I have an appointment on friday with Michael Little to test drive the 1LT at boardwalk. It'll be the first one I've driven. To this point I've only been a passenger.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #41
mjwaldschm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg6 View Post
Team Chevrolet in Vallejo had one 2SS and one LT, both black, on Friday when I stopped by. $9995 markup and the salesman said "they are not making many of these".
Isn't it hillarious the stuff these guys come up with. I've told many about this forum and if they spent their down time (like the dealerships are super busy these days) doing a little research. They might actually come up with some real points that just might convince someone to spend more to have the vehicle NOW. I have way more respect for the sales guy who says up front the owner wants the mark-up and if the car sits long enough he might consider taking MSRP. Oh well . . . I'm just trying to learn from all these trials and errors so when I go in to order my vert I know exactly how to proceed. MOST definitely get everything in writing!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #42
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

mjwaldschm, Do you mind pm'ing me your first name and when you were in the dealership so that I can say you referred me to Michael when I meet him? I'm sure he'd like to know that he's doing something right.