Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #71
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If they have a TT kit that's CARB-legal, that'll be the sh*t! The way they put that kit together is amazing! If something like this makes it into California legally, I'm going to have to rethink my strategy

WOW!!! Please keep us posted

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #72
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA View Post
The turbo for the base kit will be a 61mm compressor. I don't have a dyno sheet yet. The car was back on the dyno for more tuning after SEMA and Turbonetics is closed this week so I should have more info on everything next week when everyone is back.
Thanks for the info. Do you know or can you find out if this turbo comes with ball bearing? if not, would that be an option? Secondly, will this kit, connect to a long or short tube headers, replacing stock CATS with High flow CATS?

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 11-28-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #73
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you know or cay you find out if this turbo comes with ball bearing? if not, would that be an option? Secondly, will this kit, connect to a long or short tube headers, replacing stock CATS with High flow CATS?
I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to the ball bearing, which is the way to go. For more money, of course!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #74
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Here some pics of my car at SEMA. I have some more if u guys want some. The price of the kit should be the same as their stang kit.$7999
Hey Gotpball, I remember TechCo started using your car for R&D, now I see Turbonetics is working on it. I hope this time you have better luck

Can you verify with Turbonetics if Meth kit can be added since the MAF sensor is so close to the engine?
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #75
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
Does this kit come with a ball bearing turbo? I am not sure that I would want to pony up that kind of cash for a journal bearing turbo if i could spend 1600 less and get a quality supercharger.

The performance numbers would be less but in terms of reliability wouldnt it fair quite a bit better?
I recently asked the same question. I hope to get an official answer from Turbonetics. It's odd that I have not seen anyone from Turbonetics answering questions.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #76
MIAPLAYA

Drives: cHEVY
All Turbonetics kits come with a ball bearing turbocharger. Turbonetics hasn't ever produced a full turbo system without one. In fact all of their kits use a Ceramic Ball Bearing water cooled center section. Fastest spool up, lowest heat. Also Turbonetics doesn't produce any non-Cali legal kits anymore. They discontinued all of them. This kit along with the Mustang GT kit are/will be fully street legal including a CARB EO (for those Cali folks who know what that means with me)
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #77
MIAPLAYA

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know or can you find out if this turbo comes with ball bearing? if not, would that be an option? Secondly, will this kit, connect to a long or short tube headers, replacing stock CATS with High flow CATS?
If you look at this pic from the test car:

you can see that the kit hot side piping starts after the resonator which is behind the manifolds and cat. As long as the header doesn't go past that point there shouldn't be any issues running it. If you remove the cats obviously that will not be CARB legal as you cannot move or modify the cats and keep CARB legality. If that's not something you are worried about then go for it.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #78
MIAPLAYA

Quote:
Holy crap! The SEMA rep on the video (1:00 min into the video) from the turbonetics site says that they plan to put down 650hp at the WHEELS for $7499!!!! This is with 9psi of boost. With rough calculations 9psi should make 731 at the crank with a stick that would be 658hp at the wheels. That is quite impressive!!!

http://turboneticstv.com/video_detail.php?mId=10946

GOODBYE MAGGIE... HELLO DOLLY!!!
That's my buddy Reggie and he is the man.... He's absolutely on point in that video. CARB legal, 650 WHP, 9 PSI, complete kit with tune.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #79
MIAPLAYA

Quote:
Hey Gotpball, I remember TechCo started using your car for R&D, now I see Turbonetics is working on it. I hope this time you have better luck

Can you verify with Turbonetics if Meth kit can be added since the MAF sensor is so close to the engine?
Thanks!
A meth kit can always be added. It would have to be after the MAF of course but yes it can be done. On other cars I have used Throttle body spacer plates to inject at the throttle body or you can tap it directly into the intake manifold. In fact Turbonetics/Spearco makes a water/meth injection system I used on my Turbonetics 350Z for a while. Link:
http://turboneticsinc.com/forum/spea...ersal-kit.html
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #80
MIAPLAYA

Quote:
Does this kit come with a ball bearing turbo? I am not sure that I would want to pony up that kind of cash for a journal bearing turbo if i could spend 1600 less and get a quality supercharger.

The performance numbers would be less but in terms of reliability wouldnt it fair quite a bit better?
Quote:
I recently asked the same question. I hope to get an official answer from Turbonetics. It's odd that I have not seen anyone from Turbonetics answering questions.
All Turbonetics kits come with a ceramic ball bearing water cooled turbo. This kit will come with a 61 mm (HP61/T61) turbocharger with a ceramic ball bearing and water cooled. All of the water cooling lines come with the kit too.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #81
Hyp
I've been lost...

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS W/IOM LSA Swap
Oh man I can't wait for this to release! I'd like to hear this asap.
Hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #82
MIAPLAYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyp View Post
Oh man I can't wait for this to release! I'd like to hear this asap.
As soon as its officially released I'll post up. I need to check with the guys up there again any ways to see if they have some video yet.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #83
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:

Thanks!
Yea i know, that was a nightmare. It was just wrong timing.

They will be putting a meth kit on my car. So i am pretty sure it could be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA View Post
The turbo for the base kit will be a 61mm compressor. I don't have a dyno sheet yet. The car was back on the dyno for more tuning after SEMA and Turbonetics is closed this week so I should have more info on everything next week when everyone is back.
I think ts going to be a 63mm size turbo. the 61mm ones are on the mustang. This motor is bigger so they are going to make it with the next step up turbo.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #84
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
v6 kit coming soon too? ?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote