Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
Car won't start (Again!!!) - Stability Trac Need Service

I thought the issue was fix by reflashing the ECM by the dealership 2 weeks ago. Again, it came back on Saturday night and I had to call a tow truck. The relay fuze was making a loud ticking noise, but the engine won't crank. After the tow guy dropped my car off to the dealership drop-off point, he started the car back up. WTF!!! ...This has been the 10th time the car won't start and start back up normally after 1 hour or so. I'm sick and tire of the run around that excuse "I can't fix your car issue, unless it break down for real." What happen when my warranty runs out?

The dark side is calling me.... I'm strongly considering trade this no good Camaro in for a 5.0.

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
From my experience it's either your battery or your alternator. My Solstice did the exact same thing within 4 months. The battery was crap. Dealer installed new battery under warranty and the problem was gone.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
doubt its the battery. its either good or bad, not fluctuating between the two.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
That's true, he did say it started when they dropped his car off. It could be loose connections.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
WYcamaro

Drives: in reverse
Actually it could be the Battery, I had this exact same issue and it ended up being a dead cell in the battery. The ECM does very odd things in low voltage situations. Also, have them check the harness where the jumpers go. That is also an issue and causes very odd things as well. (like reduced engine power mode, windows not working, clicking noises, service stabilitrak errors). After they fixed those two things my car has been solid.
WYcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
Goliath

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS L99 A6
I hope this new dealership can fix the issue. I took the car to the last dealership and they pretty much couldn't figured out what was wrong. Battery, wires, cables were checked out normal. No one could find the tiny gremblin in the car.

WYcamaro is right, it must be a loose wire somewhere that make the car act up like this. I never have any engine or transmission issue. Great car, but the electrical is driving me crazy.

Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I had about the same issue and it was the battery cable connector that had a stripped screw and a bad connection. Changed the cable and no issue since.
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Electrical Gremlins could be hard to find. Could be as simple as a bad transponder in the remote or bad relay, or alternating electrical connector. Are there any dash lights when it will not start? Security light would be a remote problem although the clicking sound seems to indicate a short or bad ground.
I would request the dealership go through the entire electrical system (every connector, ground & computer) until they find it. This is one of those things you don't take no for an answer on.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I thought the issue was fix by reflashing the ECM by the dealership 2 weeks ago. Again, it came back on Saturday night and I had to call a tow truck. The relay fuze was making a loud ticking noise, but the engine won't crank. After the tow guy dropped my car off to the dealership drop-off point, he started the car back up. WTF!!! ...This has been the 10th time the car won't start and start back up normally after 1 hour or so. I'm sick and tire of the run around that excuse "I can't fix your car issue, unless it break down for real." What happen when my warranty runs out?

The dark side is calling me.... I'm strongly considering trade this no good Camaro in for a 5.0.
I'm curious about the thought process here. You want to take a $5000 hit on the trade to a mustang because of this issue? Is that issue really worth over $5000? How sure are you the Mustang wouldn't give you problems?

Me thinks the dark side would be calling you regardless of the your Camaro issues. You obviously like the 5.0. Nothing wrong with that.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
I would look into the possibility of a dealer-installed starter-kill system. Many dealers install them at delivery, then try to sell it to you as an option at the time of purchase. I have one on mine, and I have to lock the car before starting. If I don't lock first (by remote or dash switch), I get a Stabilitrac message on the display, and the car will not start until locked.
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Goliath, has this issue been resolved for you yet?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #12
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Not sure if this will help, but just keep it mind to have it checked out next time at the dealer. I have been fighting the "Service Stabilitrak" light for about 11K miles or so. Just now starting to get to the bottom of it. One trip to the dealer, they discoverd that the wiring harness was partially unplugged, but the light came back on afterwards. Today, they discovered that the steering wheel angle sensor is bad. Hopefully, this will take care of the light. I have had it serviced numerous other times, but no real reason to the cause. A low voltage reading appeared one time doing the diagnostics, but the light continued to come on. So, I will coninue to take it to the dealer in hopes of finally eliminating all the possible causes. It just makes me wonder how many other things are partially unplugged or bad on the car.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #13
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
Could be a weak cell in the battery. I have seen many batteries over the years work and then not but latter start the car again. We just had this issue on my daughters Saturn Vue.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
i had some issues with this and almost used my 30 day buy back with the dealer. spent 3 hours trying to jump it so i could take it back turned out to be the battery cable was loose in the trunk.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote