Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
ThePopo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Swaybar size and stifness

Hey guys, I got a question. When running 10.5 rears how stiff should i go on the rear sway bar?There are a few bars out with various stiffness profiles. I got SS rims, springs and struts.
ThePopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Upgrade your 2010 to the new rear sway position further out on the rear axles.

Provides more leverage and is standard on all new SS's. It will require new lower control arms (not terribly expen$ive) as well as the sawybar and endlinks.

If your car's a V6 with stock brakes, Pedder's is the only bar compatible with enuff clearance. If you have Brembo rear brakes you can go OE parts or other aftermarket brands.

Pedders sells a complete upgrade kit with the LCA's with upgraded bushing, swaybar, and endlinks that is s'posed to be night and day difference. I'm saving for it myself!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePopo View Post
Hey guys, I got a question. When running 10.5 rears how stiff should i go on the rear sway bar?There are a few bars out with various stiffness profiles. I got SS rims, springs and struts.
I'd suggest going with some newer style FE4 control arms and the Pfadt ZL Spec sway bars. The benefit of this setup is that both the front and rear bars are adjustable, so no matter what tires you are running; staggered or square, you can dial them in for the right amount of over/understeer.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote