Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #127
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
My buddy had a base 2012 GT and I have a 2011 Premium. We both weighed our cars with 1/4 tank of gas and my came out to 3640, and his was just over 3550. I don't know if the 2014s are heavier (doubt it). I think your numbers make sense as well, I'm just going off what I've seen. You are correct though. Which also brings me to this point...why do people say the Camaro is a pig? It's barely heavier then the Mustang as it sits.
mfr curb weight is with full fluids, including a full tank of gas.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #128
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post
That is a great question that I often ponder for myself.

Being a longtime Ford and Mustang guy, I sometimes find I have to stop myself from being negative about a nice looking Camaro that I see on the road. Styling probably has almost nothing to do with why I react like that.

I think that one answer is that I have never known anyone with a Camaro and haven't built that immediate sense of "The owners are exactly like us". I can tell myself that, and I can believe that, but I don't feel that. It's as if you Camaro guys are foreigners and therefore suspect. Bigotry.

The same goes for my knowledge about Camaros. I know the history of Mustangs very well, and have driven or rode in many of them. I know little about Camaros. It's as if Camaros are European cars or something and I don't feel like spending the time to get to know them. It's easier to tell myself I don't like them. Prejudice.

After many years as a Mustang fan I feel like I am on some kind of a team. I have many friends who are Mustang owners, and I belong to a couple of Mustang clubs. Breaking that history might be like being a traitor to "My Team". The 'Team' thing gets in the way of good judgement in many areas. Politics, sports, friendships. It can be inhibiting. Stupidity.

Something that I have always wanted to do in my pursuit of a cure for my condition is to do a road trip with a bunch of Mustang and Camaro owners. Road trips can overcome many ills.

Same here with GM cars - I hear what you are saying. This might be the same fir a lot of of people. However I always did like the older 5.0s!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #129
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Will you trade your Camaro for a new Mustang GT?

Hell no.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #130
jeffyjeff

Drives: 2011 jwl 1ss
Ok guys I saw a video that came out about 7 days ago from the big heads over at ford global this guy global that guy. We don't want to talk number. Probably because they don't know them. But they didnt say anything about a v8 mustang and all they were talking about was the eco boost having more horsepower than the 87-89 mustang 225 v8. 305 hp from the eco motor isn't that v6 number so big deal. Same number more crap to break and blow up trying to get all of that out.
jeffyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #131
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
New Mustang looks a lot better in person than in pictures in my opinion.
I think Ford did great job modernizing the mustang and still kept some of the retro look in it. GM better hit the home run with Camaro 6,or they are in trouble. In my opinion the 2014 facelift of Camaro failed, taillights just never grew on me.

There is also new exciting engine options coming in the pipeline for mustang.

I'm still going to buy a C7 corvette, but that is another story.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #132
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeff View Post
Ok guys I saw a video that came out about 7 days ago from the big heads over at ford global this guy global that guy. We don't want to talk number. Probably because they don't know them. But they didnt say anything about a v8 mustang and all they were talking about was the eco boost having more horsepower than the 87-89 mustang 225 v8. 305 hp from the eco motor isn't that v6 number so big deal. Same number more crap to break and blow up trying to get all of that out.
I'm not a Mustang fan, but I have to confirm that Mustang will come out with V8 engine option or two. V6 ecoboost engines are also very reliable and can come with 420hp from factory, no problem. How about 300-340hp 4 banger? How light that car will be? Turbos and direct injection are the key now days to deliver both power and lower emissions.

Just my .02
Old 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #133
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost6924 View Post
New Mustang looks a lot better in person than in pictures in my opinion.
I think Ford did great job modernizing the mustang and still kept some of the retro look in it. GM better hit the home run with Camaro 6,or they are in trouble. In my opinion the 2014 facelift of Camaro failed, taillights just never grew on me.

There is also new exciting engine options coming in the pipeline for mustang.

I'm still going to buy a C7 corvette, but that is another story.
I have seen it in person in Southern California, and I will tell you it looks like a two door fusion. Trust me, wait till you guys in the rest of America see it. The back looks good, the front is a HUGE disappointment.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #134
jackiecrawford

Drives: bmw
oh gees. What a dilemma.

playpokiesonline.com.au

Last edited by jackiecrawford; 12-29-2013 at 10:57 PM.
jackiecrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #135
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Still trying to figure out the Camaro only thing.

Did a Mustang owner steal your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend? Did you own one and have a bad experience? How can you say you would never even consider a Mustang? What if it the Ford or whatever appealed to you more? Would you still buy the Camaro no matter what?

I am not saying you shouldn't feel that way, I only wonder why.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #136
enyce0387

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs ls3
Hopefully they add more power and keep that hunk of garbage getrag mt82 they call a transmission in place and the car will go right down the crapper. Ford take note when u decided to actually add a m6 to the v8 u went the cheap route and it didn't work out to well. 2015 will be the first of the irs well besides the cobras, hopefully u don't cheap out there as well and ruin something else.
enyce0387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #137
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce0387 View Post
Hopefully they add more power and keep that hunk of garbage getrag mt82 they call a transmission in place and the car will go right down the crapper. Ford take note when u decided to actually add a m6 to the v8 u went the cheap route and it didn't work out to well. 2015 will be the first of the irs well besides the cobras, hopefully u don't cheap out there as well and ruin something else.
Good point about mistakes, hopefully both Chevy and Ford learn from past mistakes. It is evident that Chevy gets the weight thing. To some extent I think they were stuck with a heavy chassis to start from with the 5th gen. Also the same with cheap looking interiors. Chevy's other big mistake was Camaro visibility, they have to solve that to take the car global like Ford plans to do with the Mustang.

Ford is disappointing many of the Mustang hopefuls with the IRS. Drag racing is more popular than road racing in the US with both Camaro and Mustang owners. But the IRS is essential to take the Mustang global. If I was running Ford, I would have still kept the straight axle as an option. Have the cake and eat it too.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #138
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Keep your Camaros:

My 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS w/ 32000 mi - KBB Value A6 $26K.
Bought used in Jan 2012 w/ 2000 mi for $30K

My 2013 Mustang GT Premium Track Package w/ 12000 mi - KBB Value A6 $24K
Bought NEW in June 2012 for $42K

The Camaro is holding its value...Mustang is a financial kick to the face, and the performance gain isn't worth it, so trade your Camaro for a newer one or do what I did: Supercharge.

As soon as I pay down the Mustang some I'm unloading it. Fun car, but I don't want to think what it won't be worth in another year...
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #139
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Keep your Camaros:

My 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS w/ 32000 mi - KBB Value A6 $26K.
Bought used in Jan 2012 w/ 2000 mi for $30K

My 2013 Mustang GT Premium Track Package w/ 12000 mi - KBB Value A6 $24K
Bought NEW in June 2012 for $42K

The Camaro is holding its value...Mustang is a financial kick to the face, and the performance gain isn't worth it, so trade your Camaro for a newer one or do what I did: Supercharge.

As soon as I pay down the Mustang some I'm unloading it. Fun car, but I don't want to think what it won't be worth in another year...
You buy cars as an investment? I have a 2011 and my car books for 25-26k private party and 22k on trade in right now.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #140
PDP_SS

Drives: 2013 SS
Nope mines faster

455RWHP
PDP_SS is offline   Reply With Quote