Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^Knew I forget something in my post.

Okay my final point here: the Camaro is going to be my first own car that I've payed for. And there's a reason why I'm working towards that, because I love this car.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #30
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Thank you Scott for being so close to the enthusiasts and interacting as you do, I dont think any other car company would do such a thing. I was a little but not very skeptical on how the Camaro will turn out after seeing the first camo pics released but soon after you said "Keep The Faith" I have taken your word and have full confidence the Camaro will be GREAT! Now that I think about it, even if for some reason you guys put in a FWD 4cyl into the car, called it a Camaro and slapped in interior like my Cavalier, I would probably still buy it just because its still a Camaro(I pray this doesnt happen though ). I will keep my faith and if all my financial plans work out, I WILL be in a new Camaro.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #31
VaporS197

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
I like this guy...
VaporS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Anyone who likes Camaros should like him . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #33
MRLS12000

Drives: 2000 Z28 400HP
Scott spoke at one of our events, great guy to be friends with. The one thing you don't really hear about is Ford or Chrysler being this involved with their "loyal customers".

We are part of an exceptional car community, keep up the good work Scott, ( and Chevrolet )
MRLS12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #34
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
Close to the concept

Thank you for your post regarding the 2010 Camaro. I always new the Camaro would be back and am so glad it finally will return at the end of the year. When I saw the concept at the Chicago Auto Show I decided then and there that I had to have one.
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #35
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Scott, You said at the beginning of this thread:
"3. Mules are usually painted white for a good reason -- I'll get into that one of these days -- but yes -- we know some of you don't want white -- but we aren't about to paint 'em every shade of the rainbow for testing.....patience, my friend -- patience!"
So why are they painted white? Is that why we have the triangle paint now? Can you tell me of the triangle paint jobs which one is the v8 and which is the v6? My guess is White w/ Black triangles -v8 Black with white triangles v6. I feel like my 10 year old at the autoshow asking you all these questions.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
the black and white ones were older. the black has been ordered to be removed. And test cars tend to be painted white because it hides detail very well. thats my way of thinking at least
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #37
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
Fbodfather... or anyone else who can give some clarification.

...i was wondering if you could expand on the safety issue with the gas cap location.

I understand that the safety was 'part' of the issue...if i recall reading somewhere in here correctly. and it was even compared to the fact that lamborghini gets away with it. your reply was that the camaro and ghini are two different cars.

Forgive me, i'm trying to apply logic to this...but I'm falling short. It would sit easier with me, if were merely a cost thing. I can understand that the ghini is a different car...by class alone. So deducing that they are in different classes, i come to the conclusion (rather assumption) that regulations are different based on class. fair enough...

but why is it that the Audi TT or a VW Beetle can have a fuel door located essentially in the same place? i'm guessing that it can't be under totally different regulations, as it would seem to me that they'd be in perhaps even heavier restricted classes vs. the ghini...

Also if the location were truely a safety issue, then why was it even incorporated into the concept at all...was it not perceived that it would be a safety issue? I understand the word concept...but i would think a peice of eye candy like the location of the fuel door, the way it was so enticing, just as all other aspects of the car, that it was included with the intentions of having it look that way.

i mean....i'll take the camaro no matter where it is! i was wondering if you could/would dig into it a little more for those of us who will miss the original concept presentation of it.

maybe i'm reading into it too much... maybe its because of where the gas tank is located in comparison to all the other cars mentioned...or all the other parts are located that makes it a real safety issue... i'm just reaching for clarification. this is not a rant by any means.... so please don't take it that way. i'm just trying to compute!
therealkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'd like to offer up my views on many of the topics you raise. Though - just to clarify: I'm not on the team. I don't work for GM...and I haven't seen the Camaro 'naked'...so take my insight for what it's worth.m
I'm trusting Scott's word as it's all the real info we've got. And his word is worth a darn good bit.

So...
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkitt View Post
Forgive me, i'm trying to apply logic to this...but I'm falling short. It would sit easier with me, if were merely a cost thing. I can understand that the ghini is a different car...by class alone. So deducing that they are in different classes, i come to the conclusion (rather assumption) that regulations are different based on class. fair enough...
Though this may be true (again, I'm not in the Auto industry), I think the real difference comes from chassis, and where things are connected underneath all those gorgeous body panels. The Zeta-chassis is an entirely different bird than the lambo. The piping required for a fender-top gas cap may have required movement of the C-pillar...effecting crash-test ratings...

Quote:
but why is it that the Audi TT or a VW Beetle can have a fuel door located essentially in the same place? i'm guessing that it can't be under totally different regulations, as it would seem to me that they'd be in perhaps even heavier restricted classes vs. the ghini...
See above

Quote:
Also if the location were truely a safety issue, then why was it even incorporated into the concept at all...was it not perceived that it would be a safety issue? I understand the word concept...but i would think a peice of eye candy like the location of the fuel door, the way it was so enticing, just as all other aspects of the car, that it was included with the intentions of having it look that way.
The concept was not (we are told) designed with actually building it in mind. I'm sure the hope was there, but it was more to guage the response to a ressurection of the car. Obviously, it was a resounding 'Yes'. And so the duty then became to try and keep that overwhelmingly well-recieved design as intact as possible for production. Changes had to be made, as we are seeing. Almost all for regulation purposes...the rest for cost and practicality. (billet shifters, and real gold bowties cost a lot.)

Also, it may have been worth it to note that the concept was built off of a heavily modified Cadillac chassis....

And Scott would have to chime in here, as I've never been close enough to really tell...but I would imagine that the functional gas cap on the concept was in the trunk with all the rest of the 'not-pretty' stuff. (could you imagine spilling gas on that paintjob?!?! )

Quote:
maybe i'm reading into it too much... maybe its because of where the gas tank is located in comparison to all the other cars mentioned...or all the other parts are located that makes it a real safety issue... i'm just reaching for clarification. this is not a rant by any means.... so please don't take it that way. i'm just trying to compute!
I won't try and sway your opinions as to whether you're reading into it too much or not - I'm just presenting facts. But the internet has allowed us to watch the concept to production process more closely than ever before...it really is astounding. And with this newfound 'sight' come just as many negative consequences as good ones - for some, the idea that Pre-production test vehicles are *not meant to be seen* hasn't sunk in...and so judgments are made, tempers flare - and situations become ugly fast. On the other hand - witnessing these subtle changes allows us to digest them all easier, instead of swallowing the whole thing at once and ending with a 'wtf?'.

No change that I've seen made has come of as design-altering to me...I honestly believe that if you put the concept and the production car together(as it is so often said), the average buyer would have quite a time trying to point out all the differences quickly as we all could. After all. We ARE enthusiasts!

And please, ask all the questions you'd like - that why we're here!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #39
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
darn it, if we're not getting a real solid gold bowtie then I'm out. That's a deal breaker right there
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #40
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
cool... makes sense dragoneye. i was coming to that conclusion towards the end of my post...as far as body parts moving under those beautiful panels...

i agree with you though... there haven't been any MAJOR styling changes that have happened that would stray me from buying this car.

on another note...

i'm a loyal car owner, and avid fan of enthusiast sites. i simply cannot wait until people in here start getting their new camaros, it's going to be a pic posting shmorgishborg!

I can't get mine until the Fall of '09 :-( BUT that will be around the time that I hope the price gauging has tapered off, and perhaps I can even get one for under msrp!

Last edited by therealkitt; 02-20-2008 at 03:06 PM.
therealkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #41
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
darn it, if we're not getting a real solid gold bowtie then I'm out. That's a deal breaker right there
Sorry, it'll be too heavy, you gotta think less weight.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #42
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Platinum is lighter, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote