Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #29
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Rear cats getting cutout right now. After talking to several mechanics, just front cats will pass some if not most emissions tests. They said the rear cats help burn off any remaining carbon that gets missed in large cats. Also, there is a substantial performance increase from rear cat removal as well.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Any impressions yet?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #31
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

First impression, noticeably louder! Just like I expected, no rasp with the magnaflow Res xpipe taking care of that. Going to do more driving.

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
Can I just goto any muffler shop and have them do this? Or will they be like no, illegal, leave? lol
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #33
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
Can I just goto any muffler shop and have them do this? Or will they be like no, illegal, leave? lol
Every state/province is diff with what you can and cannot do. As other people pointed out, tampering cats is illegal throughout the U.S and most of Canada. However, you could still pass emisions standards if they decide to test you. I might try to test that theory as I have a mech in the family that has all the proper testing gear.

With that said, you still have a set of Cats so if a cop pulls you over and asks you if you've deleted your cats, you can reply with confidence saying no, I still have them. You can pop the hood and your large cats are still intact and clearly visible.

If anyone asks what the bare piping is for, you can just say your getting cutouts installed there for when your at the track. Thats the area where most install cutouts go btw. That area or the angled area just after the Cats.

Shaun