Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Installed MGW shifter and Hurst Line lock

The MGW shifter is an awesome upgrade! The 2-3 shift which was my main interest in this product is so smooth and precise it's unreal. Shifter is angled slightly more towards rear and driver which gives a different feel but I love how it feels. No sponginess just very precise and smooth shifts. Springs are definitely stiffer and the throw shorter getting into the 1-2 gate takes a little more effort but the 2-3 shift will make you forget all about that.
Line lock worked great also kit has everything you need and all parts fit perfectly. Changed out brake lines to stainless steel braided and fluid to Motul 660 while I had it open. Took it and tried it out. Worked flawlessly. Took all day to do it all but I'm very happy with all results. Shift ball with line lock button I purchased from Speedawg and it worked out great also. Arming button is on piece of trim that's hollow behind which made it easy to run wire, cigarette lighter supplied the power.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #2
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Pics of install.
Attached Images

ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 05-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
Minator

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Looks great! Had a few vette guys tell me about it and I can't wait to see what it isnlike
Minator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:53 AM   #4
ZL1Kid_AL

Drives: 2014 ZL1- Summit White M6
Looks great, very clean install

Using the line lock didn't light up any icons for stabiltrak or anti-lock braking lights on the dash?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Nice.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Kid_AL View Post
Looks great, very clean install

Using the line lock didn't light up any icons for stabiltrak or anti-lock braking lights on the dash?
Thanks and I was expecting it to but no it didn't. All I did was double tap nannies to remove them lit the tires up and drove away. I looked for error messages and nope.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 05-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Looks nice. How's the noise/ vibration compared to stock?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Awesome.

Shifter looks great!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #9
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Looks nice. How's the noise/ vibration compared to stock?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No noise and hardly any vibration. The kit came with tons of noise insulation and dynamax tape. Makes you feel even more part of the car because shifts are so quick and firm. There's no feeling of maybe it's not all the way in gear because any slight movement results in a positive change if that makes sense. Trust me I was on the fence for a long time about this shifter and glad I decided to get.
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Awesome.

Shifter looks great!
Thanks!
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 05-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
No noise and hardly any vibration. The kit came with tons of noise insulation and dynamax tape. Makes you feel even more part of the car because shifts are so quick and firm. There's no feeling of maybe it's not all the way in gear because any slight movement results in a positive change if that makes sense. Trust me I was on the fence for a long time about this shifter and glad I decided to get.
Thanks for the info. I'm supposed to have that shifter installed the next time I'm running. Just out of curiosity how is the 4 to 5 action, that is where I have been getting hung up...lol.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm supposed to have that shifter installed the next time I'm running. Just out of curiosity how is the 4 to 5 action, that is where I have been getting hung up...lol.
The 4-5 is way better Jess the amount of movement it takes is very minimal almost a straight up action. You'll be happy with it. It's the reverse that seems like you push it way out there but that's a plus!
744rwhp 727rwtq
Old 05-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #13
Smittty

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro 2000 SLP Camaro
Looking good. Nice setup. I have been thinking about picking up a MGW shifter myself.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #14
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
What is the percent reduction on this shifter? I looked at the hurst (44%) and that one is almost unnatural feeling
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote