Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #673
camarco

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
hello fellow synergy owners heres some pics of mine so far. i have also installed the LED interior kit from AAC along with the LED bowtie, added some seatcovers and some vinyls for a personal touch more mods on the way in time

Name:  IMG_20101011_133509.jpg
Views: 3418
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20101011_133603.jpg
Views: 3806
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20101011_133647.jpg
Views: 3733
Size:  132.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20101011_133709.jpg
Views: 3512
Size:  157.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20101011_133735.jpg
Views: 3347
Size:  177.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20101017_111351.jpg
Views: 3298
Size:  100.2 KB
camarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #674
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Will be awaiting more pics.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #675
Vancelot

Drives: Camaro 2011 2LT/RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SG_SS View Post
i got them from AAC in LA...jonathan is a sponsor here...look in vendor section...the lights are easy to replace taking off ur dome cover, can be a little rough, but only because i am not as familar with the camaro...they have all the goodies..halos, fog light kits, footwells CFLs, LED light rear bowtie or SS symbols...they also keep up with the forum as well....
AAC
they give discount for forum members...
the trunk and dome use the same lights so u get a 2 PK led replacements..good price...helpful customer service...
How do you get the forum discount? Coupon code?
Vancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #676
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
to all syn green owners, has anyone noticed any variance in their paint on their doors not the normal flop with angles and light, but rather a vertical stripped look that looks brighter and darker..i think i have a paint qaulity issue. had my car just over 30 days, thought it was shadowing at first, but had a trusted painter verify there was a defect in the painting process...appears to have less base coat in some areas. had service manager, sales manager, and body shop manager verify this...they are contacting a GM rep since it looks like both sides of the car or the doors at the minimun will need repainted possibly...again this isnt flop or a diff with diff substrates (plastic and urathene, vs metal surfaces) showing diff color i can live with that...ahaha i have 2 corvettes over 5 years, that goes with territory..this is a real issue concerning the paint application itself..please PM me if anyone has had a similar issue..waiting on GM response..may be a long process...hopefully not...i am keeping the car, but this is disappointing..i am true GM fan and happy with the car ...any comments are welcome will post some pics...this is really seen best in direct sunlight, not as appearent up close or in low light...
many thanks,
matt in NC
i have looked on warranty area there was a TSB for diff paint variance but it was more about the plastic vs metal and angles etc...my car was produced in mid-august 2010.
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #677
Autofind

Drives: 2010 1SS
Matt,

My SGM SS was also built the 1st week of SGM production. It was "on hold" for several weeks at Oshawa. No reason given. When my SGM Camaro arrived, I checked paint quality carefully and didn't see any paint flaws. Last weekend, I took some pictures of it in the direct sunlight with my digital camera. I too see noticeable dark & light areas in the doors. I thought it was the camera at 1st. In non-direct sunlight, the dark & light areas are not visible. This definitely is an issue, but I'm not a fan of moving away from factory paint. Please use the attached photo and keep me posted on GM's response.

Thanks,

Dave

Name:  SS SGM2.JPG
Views: 3576
Size:  195.4 KB
Autofind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #678
NC_SG_SS

thats exactly how mine looks...

hi dave,
that is exactly how mine looks vertical stripping or varying shades of green in the door, esp the drivers door, some of the quarter panels too..i sent u a PM as well so we can exchange further info..i have a feeling our cars were made possibly about the same time...i dont know if this was limited to SGM or metallics for 2011 start of production. mine was one of the first 2011s producted...i am going to another dealership today that i know has 3 and take some pics as well..see what i can observe...if anyone else has SGM regardless of year...please observe ur sides or door from about 6 feet away and look at dave's pic..there will brighter and darker areas of the basecoat..it wont be even either...looks like almost like a spray can of paint was taken up and down on the doors..please post ur pics here..we may have found a prob in the process or paint, in the lot of paint etc...thanks for everyones cooperation..if u up near the car, or in indirect light this is very hard to notice...it seems worst on the doors..my hood, trunk deck, and plastic pieces did not seem to have any issue with this...
thanks to all, if there is an issue, its important to identify it and get it fixed, its a true warranty issue..i am hoping to hear from a GM rep via my dealership service dept this week...
thanks to all,
matt in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autofind View Post
Matt,

My SGM SS was also built the 1st week of SGM production. It was "on hold" for several weeks at Oshawa. No reason given. When my SGM Camaro arrived, I checked paint quality carefully and didn't see any paint flaws. Last weekend, I took some pictures of it in the direct sunlight with my digital camera. I too see noticeable dark & light areas in the doors. I thought it was the camera at 1st. In non-direct sunlight, the dark & light areas are not visible. This definitely is an issue, but I'm not a fan of moving away from factory paint. Please use the attached photo and keep me posted on GM's response.

Thanks,

Dave

Attachment 175010
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #679
NC_SG_SS

here is better cropped photo dave's 2011 SGM SS, note the circled areas..mine has same issue...exactly..thanks,
matt

larger cropped area to show areas of uneven color, notice darker and lighter areas along the doors vertical plane...
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #680
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
will have to take a closer look today
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #681
bad_bear

Drives: Camero Synergy LT1 Coupe
Are you sure thats not the paint reflecting the dark and light patches of your driveway? Notice the light and dark grey patches in the driveway to the right of the car.
bad_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #682
Mcnamee

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy & '87 Monte SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bear View Post
Are you sure thats not the paint reflecting the dark and light patches of your driveway? Notice the light and dark grey patches in the driveway to the right of the car.
Yeah this paint reflects everything and changes shades like crazy, I don't think there is anything wrong.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #683
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
Doesnt seem to be an issue on my car!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #684
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
Took a good look at mine in the sun and i see no issue.
apeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #685
RonnieSVT

Drives: 2001 Lightning
its just the suns reflection get over it and enjoy the beatiful car. BTW every andgle on the car is going to look a little diff because of how the light reflects off it . There is NOTHING wrong with the car and in the photo you can clearly see its a shadow causing the color differance
RonnieSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #686
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Take another pic in another location with different lighting angles and try to get the same results. If not, it is most likely reflections as others have stated. It is a very subtle but definite green mirror.