Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Ripoff pricing at the dealer for accessories~!

Gentlemen, (ladies)

Camaro5.com has been incredibly USEFUL and HELPFUL with all of the information about this car and the community feel has been veritably heartwarming. I have found out more from this website than my Chevy dealer and Chevy salesman, certainly.

I am a huge GM fan and long time owner of a (now recently departed) second Gen Camaro. I placed my order for a Summit White 2LT 2010 in August, and FINALLY today my order has (apparently) gone from the 1000's to the 2000's in production codes. I am now making final decisions regarding the accessories that I would like to have for my Camaro and have been quoted RIPOFF prices (from what I can ascertain) from my Chevy dealer. See below and tell me, fellow Canadians, what you make of this.

Mud Guards Part No-92214929 $492.75 (US MSRP $199)
Installation $120 (2 hours, I guess)
Trunk Mat Part No-9222241 $315.50 (US MSRP $125)

The 18`Heritage Wheels that I ordered for Winter use were about $1200 and the Pirelli Ice tires were about $350 ea. I also added the lockable lug nut kit to protect my wheels from being ripped off at a (reasonable, I guess) $53.

So for the Pirelli winter tires, 18`Heritage steel set, lock nuts, trunk mat, mud/snow guards and installation of same, it brings my dealer invoice to $3174 plus tax ($3582.89) and I find this to be a little much. I don't mind paying a little extra than the US MSRP, but more than double? The trunk mat is also ridiculously priced and my alarm bells a ringing about all my accessories. I will now price them from 3rd party sources and listen to my Camaro brotherhood (sisters too) for opinions and insights.

Anyone have any good ideas?

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
pm CamaroScotty he can get Diller to get you pricing and shipping too!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Seem my thread and give Dave a call -

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...e+hiller+forum
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
boreas

Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
For the winter tires, go Tirerack (if you haven't already paid). I finally went with the Pirelli Scorpion Ice 18 " package from Tirerack. All in all, tires, mags, sensors, valves, rings, centers... and mounting/balancing was about 1750$US shipped (taht includes both TPS/TVQ and duties). Couldn't find anything even remotely close, price wise, around here.

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
Gentlemen, (ladies)

Camaro5.com has been incredibly USEFUL and HELPFUL with all of the information about this car and the community feel has been veritably heartwarming. I have found out more from this website than my Chevy dealer and Chevy salesman, certainly.

I am a huge GM fan and long time owner of a (now recently departed) second Gen Camaro. I placed my order for a Summit White 2LT 2010 in August, and FINALLY today my order has (apparently) gone from the 1000's to the 2000's in production codes. I am now making final decisions regarding the accessories that I would like to have for my Camaro and have been quoted RIPOFF prices (from what I can ascertain) from my Chevy dealer. See below and tell me, fellow Canadians, what you make of this.

The 18`Heritage Wheels that I ordered for Winter use were about $1200 and the Pirelli Ice tires were about $350 ea. I also added the lockable lug nut kit to protect my wheels from being ripped off at a (reasonable, I guess) $53.

So for the Pirelli winter tires, 18`Heritage steel set, lock nuts, trunk mat, mud/snow guards and installation of same, it brings my dealer invoice to $3174 plus tax ($3582.89) and I find this to be a little much. I don't mind paying a little extra than the US MSRP, but more than double? The trunk mat is also ridiculously priced and my alarm bells a ringing about all my accessories. I will now price them from 3rd party sources and listen to my Camaro brotherhood (sisters too) for opinions and insights.

eB

who<s ur dealer
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
If you can get the mud guards, its only a little work, install yourself. Bolt into existing holes in fender well and 3m tape on outside edge. Will keep you from paying 120.00- 2 hour charge for an hour of your time.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Gentlemen, (ladies)

eB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Seem my thread and give Dave a call -

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...e+hiller+forum
I bought my mud guards / "SS" emblems from Dave, super service, and super quick delivery. ( don't forget to mention Camaro5 when ordering )

You should also request to have the items shipped via USPS instead of UPS, as the goombahs at UPS have VERY high import/brokerage fees.

Installation of the mud guards was VERY easy. Installation requires you to remove the rear tires, and be able to drill two very small holes.... For the front, you only need to turn your tires, and drill two holes.... No where near $120 of work !!!... Also, my dealer included the tire locks, you should get them to give you those for free.....
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Camarodriver

Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
WOW, guys THANKS a bunch!

You have made me feel so very well supported! I totally agree with you Camarorick, when I buy a 2LT I should get those lock nuts included! I will contact: CamaroScotty to get a quote for all the parts, I hate to bypass the dealer, but crap man it's ALOT of money! Having worked the retail floor for so many years, I hated customers taking MY time and shopping elsewhere, but I wasn't gouging them either!

The dealer is Plaza Chevrolet in Montreal (right near Parkway Pontiac Buick on the Tcan near the 13 highway) I must admit that I am less than impressed up till now, as at several intervals I have been "fluffed over" by my saleman. I asked if they had an allocation in August when I ordered the car and they never really answered me other than to say, hey Mr. we are one of the biggest Chevy dealers in the city, blahblahblah... finally I found out that they got thier allocation LAST week, 6 weeks after my order was placed. Not cool to not be clear with me in the first place. *SIGH* Now the production code is in the 2000's as of today, pehaps I will drive my new Camaro on the summer rims for a week or two....

Thanks again for all the info! Keep you all posted, eh? (Canadian slur there)

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:

You have made me feel so very well supported! I totally agree with you Camarorick, when I buy a 2LT I should get those lock nuts included! I will contact: CamaroScotty to get a quote for all the parts, I hate to bypass the dealer, but crap man it's ALOT of money! Having worked the retail floor for so many years, I hated customers taking MY time and shopping elsewhere, but I wasn't gouging them either!

The dealer is Plaza Chevrolet in Montreal (right near Parkway Pontiac Buick on the Tcan near the 13 highway) I must admit that I am less than impressed up till now, as at several intervals I have been "fluffed over" by my saleman. I asked if they had an allocation in August when I ordered the car and they never really answered me other than to say, hey Mr. we are one of the biggest Chevy dealers in the city, blahblahblah... finally I found out that they got thier allocation LAST week, 6 weeks after my order was placed. Not cool to not be clear with me in the first place. *SIGH* Now the production code is in the 2000's as of today, pehaps I will drive my new Camaro on the summer rims for a week or two....

eB
I bought my car at Plaza too.... In fact, I was their second allocation. The experience there was also less than stellar, but not because of my salesman ( Dave ), it was more the sales manager that was tired of me ... I was probably a P.I.T.A. customer, but too bad
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #10
Camarodriver

Camarorick, what's a PITA customer? ....oh. nevermind. I just figured it out as I typed that....

Well, I am now as well. TFB for them, it's alot of money and they just gotta do better! I am in service and I go above and beyond for MY customers all the time, this just don't cut it!

thanks all!

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I bought all those items from Dave in APRIL and had them for 2 months before the car arrived. Those are the MSRP prices in Canada and even after shipping I paid 50% less from the USA.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #12
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

Quote:

eB
Locknut was included at my dealer.
If ever you need a great buff and wax see Andr/ and Stephane at Plaza. They actually are independent from Plaza but do the prep for all new cars. They fixed all the swirls and scratches caused by the ididots at my dealer in Gatineau , who told me two have clear coats applied cause GM clear coats are cheap...
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, parts, tires