Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Talking Any locals nice enough to help with installs? 33458

I'm in zip 33458, Jupiter area. Willing to drive a bit though.

Seeing if there are any nice locals around me that wouldn't mind helping me with some basic installs. I am a novice that doesn't have many tools. I'm considering the following mods soon, in order of importance:

Headers with high flow cats, probably hooked up directly to the factory H pipe

Grill swap

Lowering springs

Also considering the bigworm blackout vinyls for the tails and markers

Anyone with some tools and extra time that would be down to help a fellow Camaro owner out? I can pay if necessary and/or provide some liquid refreshment for the help!
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
acr3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Talking

I'd check around for local car clubs, preferably a Camaro club. Hang out w/them, ask questions, & find out if they have anyone in their club that can assist you. You may have to give someone a little $$ or buy them some beer,...or both.
acr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
MBaseman

I hear you, it's tough to find the time to be honest though. Young family with 2 small kids. Not much free time lately.

Anyone out there who is interested? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #4
bludevl80

how did the install go man?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #5
MBaseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludevl80 View Post
how did the install go man?
I took the car down to Lashway for headers + cats and a tune. It took them a long time, probably because they were busy with other projects (?). But the headers are on and the car is tuned. It sounds and feels great! I love the change.

However, the package deal that I signed up for was supposed to include new plugs and wires, and I'm pretty sure that my stock stuff was re-used. I still have black AC Delco wires and I was told I would be getting Taylor wires, which I am pretty sure would be pretty and red, lol. I just noticed this yesterday, stupid me for not looking under the hood when they gave me my car back, but I was tired after 10 hours of waiting...sigh.

I hope they do the right thing and either refund me a bit of money or swap out my plugs and wires for the upgraded stuff.

Thanks for asking!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
bludevl80

Cool to hear man.. I am sure that car sounds great now. I would make sure to call and ask about it. Make things right... so reach out and let them know!

BTW, I am the guy that was getting the ZL1 front end on the car.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
MBaseman

My first thought actually was "I wonder if this is the guy that I met" lol. How's everything going? Your car was looking sweet!

Yes, I actually had a nice conversation with Erik yesterday and he said they did mistakenly reuse my stock wires, but definitely changed the plugs. It was a misunderstanding and he took the blame. He said he would drive up to me to put the Taylor wires on or I could come back down to him. I was happy to see how he is willing to do whatever it takes to correct this minor issue.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #8
bludevl80

Thank man! I finally put the SS Badge yesterday.. and I was the last touch that was missing. The car IS looking good... now I gotta do a brand new photoshoot.