Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Cdn. pricing for the Genesis Coupe

Strong competitor for the Camaro.

Quote:
The following are 2010 Genesis Coupe Canadian Pricing;

2.0T 6 speed - $24,495
2.0T Auto - $25,995
2.0T Premium 6 speed - $27,495
2.0T Premium auto - $28,995
2.0T GT - $30,745

3.8L 6 speed - $32,995
3.8L ZF Auto - $34,795
3.8L GT 6 speed (full load) -$34,995
3.8L GT ZF Auto - $36,795

2010 Genesis Coupe

Hyundai is pleased to release pricing and packaging for the all-new 2010 Genesis Coupe. The
Genesis Coupe represents Hyundai’s most dynamic performance car ever fusing jaw-dropping design
with blistering performance.

The rear wheels of the Genesis Coupe are powered by a 2.0L Turbocharged in-line 4 cylinder
producing 210 HP and 223 lb-ft of torque while the V6 engine generates 306 HP and 266 lb-ft of
torque, both engines have been designed to run on regular fuel. Mix this with standard features like
Bluetooth™, 18” Alloy wheels, Electronic Stability Control, 6 Airbags and you have a recipe for a
seriously competitive sports coupe that few rivals can match!

Genesis Coupe comes with available luxury and performance technologies such as HID headlights,
Proximity key with push button start, Brembo brake package, limited slip differential, 19” Alloys, GT
Calibrated Suspension with Front Strut tower bar, heated leather seats and much more all at a price
you would never expect.

The 2009 Genesis will be offered in two distinct trim levels, the 2.0T and the 3.8 and will have an
astonishing starting price of only $24,495, well below the starting price of the Mitsubishi Eclipse,
Honda Civic Si and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS.

Packaging/Content

The 2009 Genesis Coupe offers an outstanding array of performance and luxury equipment that far
exceeds any competitive offerings at a similar price.

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

In the heart of this beast lies a 2.0L in-line four cylinder Turbocharger with a front mounted
intercooler for increased engine efficiency and power. A 6-speed manual transmission is offered as
standard equipment along with steering wheel mounted Bluetooth™, audio and cruise controls, 18”
alloy wheels, 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) complete with 100% override ability, antilock
brake system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), fog lights, metal grain
interior trim, USB & Auxiliary audio outlets, Automatic light control, trip computer, leather wrapped
steering wheel and gear shift knob, power and heated exterior mirrors and an AM/FM/XM/CD/Mp3
stereo system with 6 speakers.

The 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T can be equipped with an optional Premium Package which includes
high demand features such as a power sunroof, heated leather seats, Infinity AM/FM/XM/ 6-disc CD
changer/Mp3 stereo with 10 speakers. For the performance oriented consumer there is the GT
Package is the ticket. This package includes a Brembo braking system, limited slip differential,
unique black leather seats with premium red cloth inserts, 19” alloys and HID Headlamps.

All the above 2.0T trims are available with an optional 5 speed automatic transmission with paddleshifters.

2010 Genesis 3.8 - $32,995

The Genesis 3.8 features an advanced all aluminum naturally aspirated V6 engine displacing an
impressive 306 horsepower (with regular fuel) coupled with a 6 speed manual transmission and a
standard limited slip rear differential. Features on the 3.8 include all of the equipment of the Genesis
2.0T premium plus mirror mounted turn signals, chrome lower fascia slats, HID headlights with autolevelling,
proximity key with push button start, power driver seat, auto-dimming rear view mirror
with Homelink™ and compass, and premium side trim door scuff.

The 2009 Genesis Coupe 3.8 can also be equipped with an optional GT package and available on all
3.8 models is a ZF 6 speed automatic transmission with paddle-shifters.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
4.6 model top hp is 375 on premium fuel, and starts at $48000 roughly
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Maddog78

You're thinking of the Sedan.
4.6 V8 isn't available in the Coupe.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Maddog78

Also found this today.
Seems it's pretty easy to get another nearly 50 hp out of it.

http://www.gencoupe.com/general-disc...no-graphs.html
Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
You're thinking of the Sedan.
4.6 V8 isn't available in the Coupe.
Lets hope they get no ideas

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Let 'em try...

...ever see how much that car(sedan version) weighs with the V8 in it? It'll perform no better than Challenger RT or Mustang GT...probably worse in my cynical view.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
my bad, but i was wondering howit compared to power to the camaro and its top model only had 375hp
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
First off, I've gotta say thats pretty cheap. But to claim 'well below' a Cobalt SS get real, its $950. With that you get an extra 25% more power and ~20% more torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Let 'em try...

...ever see how much that car(sedan version) weighs with the V8 in it? It'll perform no better than Challenger RT or Mustang GT...probably worse in my cynical view.
I doubt it will have the handling to match the North American competition, but thats just gut instinct. The equations are the same whether you are Korean, German, Australian, American, or Japaneses so nothing says it can't handle like a Camaro/G8 or BMW 3/5 series (did that sound sound wierd to anyone else?). But yeah, performance wise, the Tau makes ~325 ft lbs of torque. Not enough to pull it out of the hole, and it wasn't given agressive gearing to compensate, based on the fuel economy numbers its expected to make.

BTW, the Genesis sedan with the Tau weighs ~4000 lbs and costs more than a G8 GXP but it is praised for being 'lexus like' so that added level of luxury will add a lot of weight. Sound deadening, probably extra regidity, luxury features, etc. I'd bet the coupe with the V8 would be about 3700 lbs, considering the weight of the V6 in the sedan vs the coupe. So power to weight is 10 lbs/hp if it were in the coupe, give or take a few 1/10ths of course.

I've gotta wonder though, why not make a Genesis Coupe with the V8 and price it like the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang? It would be a very clear competitor to them. The ~300 hp 3.8 might run with the Mustang but I doubt it, not enough torque.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
Maddog78

When I first heard about this car they were talking about the V8 being in it but then it was dropped. Don't know why.

I'm not considering this car. I really don't like the way it looks.
I just thought I'd post this because I can tell you out where I live on the coast in B.C. there are a lot of people who feel no loyalty to the US/Canadian auto industry and there are many of these people who are considering this car and not considering a Camaro at all. I've had friends visit from back east and they can't believe the number of imports around here. We don't have any factories around here and we have a lot of Asian immigrants. Add in the domestic's quality rep., even if not valid nowadays and you end up with this situation.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #10
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
ya, but its a hyundai. nothin beats some good ol' chevy power and looks!

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
you buy a hyundai you buy trouble!! the shop foreman will know you by your 1st name! lol i won't be caught dead in a non-american car!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote