Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
PureEvil

Drives: 03 Cobra / 09 Camaro SS
Site Ideas

How about possibly a fund raiser ? Where we basically nominate someones car every so often and to be nominated you have to put money on the nomination. Whoever wins the compeition will win maybe a t shirt , some site stickers ,ect.... maybe even show case their car on the banner. This is a way to have a little fun, and help the site financially. My second idea is how about we make a site calendar ? maybe pay $5 to have your pic in a month in the calendar with the list of mods and what it runs and all. That would be a great idea seeing as we only have 3 months left till january. Then we can sell them for something like $15.00 a calendar seeing as most other places usually charge $20. Maybe the site can have upgraded memberships , where you have bronze which could be $5 a yr , silver $10 a yr and gold which is $15 a yr. This way they could have access to some other parts of the thread that others would not have unless they had a membership. Very cheap and it helps the site. T shirts are always a good idea , maybe hats ,ect. Another idea which may or may not be a hit is making a dvd: maybe like of camaro's racing or of the get togethers and all. Now everything is a chance but sometimes you have to take those chances and sometimes they will work and sometimes they wont, but all what matters is that the site continues to grow. Now some other ideas for the site. Maybe some local and regional directors. Basically the local and regional directors could organize or help organize meets and events in their area for the forum. This is also a great idea seeing as every part of the country could be reached. Not just one area. Regional would be southeast , northeast , northwest, southwest, midwest.. the local director would be for example central florida. The regional and local directors could organize their region events that are bigger. Maybe the site could have a couple people in charge of graphics. Those are only a few of my ideas. These opinions are only to elliviate the pressure off of the forums owners seeing as it is not easy to run a forum and make it sucessful. I would be more than glad and be a regional/ local director for the forum even though I am new. A lot of nice people from what I can tell and it really seems to be headed in the right direction. I can see big things for the forum and would like to be a part of it, just by helping anyway I can. Thanks
PureEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It's a decent idea, and I wouldn't want to make it sound like it's Tran, and MarkLS2's job soley to keep up the site, but I think part of the appeal of this site to me, is the lack of hierarchy based on if your a sponser or not.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
PureEvil

There is a lot of great ideas there. I personally believe. I honestly dont think having something like a local director or anything is a bad idea. It is just a way to help out. I mean heya if they dont want to use those ideas thats fine, I will just leave this place...lol j/k. Nawh but I am cool with it if they don't or even if they do want to adopt some of my ideas.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No, no, no - I wasn't saying that they were bad ideas, nor do I have much say in the matter anyways, I was just offering up my opinions

Restricting members from parts of threads just for not having an upgraded membership I can say won't fly very well...But some of the others are pretty neat.

Currently we've made bumper/window stickers, sorta along the lines of your calender idea(something tangible with the sites name on it)
Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
PureEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No, no, no - I wasn't saying that they were bad ideas, nor do I have much say in the matter anyways, I was just offering up my opinions

Restricting members from parts of threads just for not having an upgraded membership I can say won't fly very well...But some of the others are pretty neat.

Currently we've made bumper/window stickers, sorta along the lines of your calender idea(something tangible with the sites name on it)
lol I know man. I really like the site and the members. Probably one of the best sites I have been to.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The problem with using paid memberships is that there needs to be something worth putting the money down for. And there just isn't the content here for that. One idea that I have seen work is a donation meter. Have a monthly goal, with a list of who has donated how much. I do like the calender idea though. Most (not all) website merchandise looks pretty tacky and is rather embarrassing to be seen with and im not sure how much people really make off that stuff. But one thing to keep in mind is that I don't think this place needs that much money. two reasons: 1) It is relatively small 2) I don't notice all that many ads
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:32 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
As time goes on and the site grows, I'm sure there will be some changes. What type of changes, I couldn't say. Personally, I'd wear CAMARO5.COM shirts (if they were done right). I am looking forward to the stickers. I wouldn't mind having a calendar done up (as long as my SS is in it!!! ).

I don't know about paid memberships. I see both advantages and disadvantages to that.

We surely don't have enough members yet to do the regional deal. Give it time...could happen.

Those aren't bad ideas...but the most important part is how to go about doing them (how, at what point in time, financial issues, etc.)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
PureEvil

Tell ya what if the green light is given on the calendar I will organize it all. I will get all the pictures and maybe have a friend of mine help me with making it look all fancy. There is 3 months that can be used to get it going and ready. The membership thing maybe could just be for a larger mail box or maybe a picture album or a personalized email idk... maybe something like that.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #9
PureEvil

BTW, with the calendar.... it would be a pre ordered kind of thing. Once we had a preview we would post it and if you liked you would buy and if not then we wouldnt put any orders in and the only way a order is placed is if soo many people want one, and there would be a deadline to order one.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #10
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
My 2 cents:

I think one of the main draws of this forum is how non-commercial it is. There are no flashing ads or banners all over the site. This allows us to be a lot more focused on the important topics (i.e. our Camaro!)

Once we all get our Camaros and the site starts to transform from a rumor bin to a National Camaro Club, then the directors/store concepts could be a good idea. But, in the interest of attracting new members seeking only information regarding the 5th Gen Camaro, I think we should leave the fundraising aside. Unless there is some dire need for funds that I am not aware of.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #11
RichieFlorida

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Convertible

Last edited by RichieFlorida; 10-10-2007 at 09:05 PM.
RichieFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
As time goes on and the site grows, I'm sure there will be some changes. What type of changes, I couldn't say. Personally, I'd wear CAMARO5.COM shirts (if they were done right). I am looking forward to the stickers. I wouldn't mind having a calendar done up (as long as my SS is in it!!! ).

I don't know about paid memberships. I see both advantages and disadvantages to that.

We surely don't have enough members yet to do the regional deal. Give it time...could happen.

Those aren't bad ideas...but the most important part is how to go about doing them (how, at what point in time, financial issues, etc.)
I like the T-shirt idea lol. How about this? Made it real fast lol:

Something like that would be cool, with a huge Chevy logo on the back or something.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Camaro5.com on or above front shirt pocket. Rear of shirt has a pic of the 5th Gen w/ Camaro5.com and some other wording of some type.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote