Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I know you guys have probably heard of them but I'm doing my research and wondering if anyone has use or heard of ARH headers. Maybe I have the name slightly wrong.

Heard they were good bang for the buck.

Jim
Great Headers!!

Not same bang for the buck as what we have discussed in this thread though.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #30
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I know you guys have probably heard of them but I'm doing my research and wondering if anyone has use or heard of ARH headers. Maybe I have the name slightly wrong.

Heard they were good bang for the buck.

Jim
Sounds like you need to do a LOT more researching. You might start by searching this particular section.

TSP and all the headers mentioned in this thread, not counting the Ebay post, are made from 304SS. You CAN NOT use your OEM cats with headers without doing a lot of hacking and modding to them. Catless smells because there are no cats to trap and burn off the unused fuel. No need to paint 304SS headers since they won't rust. They will turn colors but can be cleaned up to look good again. You can get them jet hot coated or the like to keep them looking clean, longer. That usually runs a couple hundred $$. It will throw a cat efficiency CEL if you don't get it tuned.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #31
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Sounds like you need to do a LOT more researching. You might start by searching this particular section.

TSP and all the headers mentioned in this thread, not counting the Ebay post, are made from 304SS. You CAN NOT use your OEM cats with headers without doing a lot of hacking and modding to them. Catless smells because there are no cats to trap and burn off the unused fuel. No need to paint 304SS headers since they won't rust. They will turn colors but can be cleaned up to look good again. You can get them jet hot coated or the like to keep them looking clean, longer. That usually runs a couple hundred $$. It will throw a cat efficiency CEL if you don't get it tuned.
Thanks for the help, I am doing research as we speak. Oyy what a pain.

It sucks to be on a budget.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote