Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Took the plunge

I have been a forum member for a while but until today I was only looking and not a Camaro owner. I took delivery today of a 2013 2LT/RS Coupe. It is Silver Ice Metalic, 6200 miles, moonroof, and black interior. I had a Porsche Boxster S which was a blast to drive with the top down but I think I like driving my Camaro more. It is a beautiful car but it has too many bells and whistles. Thanks to all those on the forum who gave me advice as I asked all the newbie silly questions. This is my first Camaro and, no, I don't have SS envy and don't think I will. I'm an old man going through a mild old dude crisis and this is enough car for me. Not sure if I need any mods as the car seems to have everything and then some. I suppose that means there is a lot that could go wrong but I've got three years of bumper to bumper warranty so I can rest easy for a while. My favorite option is the HUD. What a neat idea that is. Well, that's enough for introductions. I will post some picks soon though it really looks like all the other stock silver Camaros out there. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
nicastro78

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congratulations on the ride!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
nicastro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Congrats!
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Congrats, and welcome to the club.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
welcome and congrats on the Camaro lt

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
I have been a forum member for a while but until today I was only looking and not a Camaro owner. I took delivery today of a 2013 2LT/RS Coupe. It is Silver Ice Metalic, 6200 miles, moonroof, and black interior. I had a Porsche Boxster S which was a blast to drive with the top down but I think I like driving my Camaro more. It is a beautiful car but it has too many bells and whistles. Thanks to all those on the forum who gave me advice as I asked all the newbie silly questions. This is my first Camaro and, no, I don't have SS envy and don't think I will. I'm an old man going through a mild old dude crisis and this is enough car for me. Not sure if I need any mods as the car seems to have everything and then some. I suppose that means there is a lot that could go wrong but I've got three years of bumper to bumper warranty so I can rest easy for a while. My favorite option is the HUD. What a neat idea that is. Well, that's enough for introductions. I will post some picks soon though it really looks like all the other stock silver Camaros out there. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
the HUD is really cool. i have the 1lt so i don't have it, but i did want it. it came down to money so i chose the RS package and some stuff my wife wanted so I'm really happy regardless. don't forget to update your "looking" answer on your profile. congrats again and Merry Christmas
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #8
2010_Black_Stallion

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats on the new ride and welcome!
2010_Black_Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #9
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Welcome to the club. Good luck with the new ride! What a great Christmas gift for yourself!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
congrats on your car! i too have a 2 LT and i likke the leather and HUD too. mine is a vert but coupes are great too!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
1OldDude, Congrats on new ride. I'd like to pick your brain.

Thinking about similar change I'm in a Cayman and have few questions.
do you notice a lot difference in the ride? the Cayman feels super tight and agile. But I fell every bump or crack in the road even tiny ones great at first but gets old quick on a rough road its back breaking. Road Noise? Cayman is fine on some pavement but on others it can be deafeningly load I mean the tires growl like you are on the ground up pavement before they repave. I know I'm done with the Cayman just not sure what im getting. Love the look of the Camaro but have not driven yet, Like the look of the Challenger and driven Best friends its nice but little heavy and rolls a lot in corners(plus he already has one in same color combo that i want would be weird having same exact car), Love look the new Vette but Expensive and afraid it will be like Cayman great at first but to rough and raw with time. I'm looking for nice V8 2 door Muscle look touring car.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #12
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
Welcome! Love my mid life crisis car, although I've had Camaros and a Firebird before, so I don't think that's really what it is! There's another old fart member on the forum from Utah too. His screen name is Lightning, silver car also. Enjoy, it's lots of fun!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Congrats

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Nice