Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Cweb16
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro Red with Black stripes
Halo headlights upgrade ?

I have an ls with the normal headlights but i want the halo headlights does anyone know how much it will cost to get the halo headlights, is it possible? i dont wana order them from the dealer. Where can i get them, who installs them?
Cweb16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
PM AAC.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
It's probably going to run you about the same amount of money it would cost you to just purchase the RS headlights from the dealer. AAC does amazing work,....but I have a friend with a R/T challenger who had his halos done by them; he told me it cost him $1300ish total. Labor of course was factored into that price. So that's not bad considering what the dealer charges.

It's cheaper to purchase the Halolights from AAC than the dealer, but who's going to install them? That's where the price of labor comes into play. The Rs headlights are 1200 at the dealer or GMPARTSDIRECT, but it cost you even more out of pocket to have them installed, but with AAC you're coming out better by just buying they're halos and have them install them and you'd be paying nearly the same amount total than what the dealer would charge you JUST to purchase the halos(installation aside). I say, AAC all the way.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...re-hidkit.aspx
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
It's probably going to run you about the same amount of money it would cost you to just purchase the RS headlights from the dealer. AAC does amazing work,....but I have a friend with a R/T challenger who had his halos done by them; he told me it cost him $1300ish total. Labor of course was factored into that price. So that's not bad considering what the dealer charges.

It's cheaper to purchase the Halolights from AAC than the dealer, but who's going to install them? That's where the price of labor comes into play. The Rs headlights are 1200 at the dealer or GMPARTSDIRECT, but it cost you even more out of pocket to have them installed, but with AAC you're coming out better by just buying they're halos and have them install them and you'd be paying nearly the same amount total than what the dealer would charge you JUST to purchase the halos(installation aside). I say, AAC all the way.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...re-hidkit.aspx
Your wrong, way wrong.

Get your pricing from AAC not someone who has no idea.

I had a lot of lighting installed all over my daughter's car and was not even close to what the factory halos alone will cost you.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Getting the RS headlights is different from getting Halos installed in your regular. Shuffler's sig pic shows halos in the regular headlight. My local quote for halos in my regular headlights is 550.00 for halos + installation.