Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #155
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
What did the Cam guy do with his ZL1??
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #156
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Are you getting the same color and options?
Same options and same color ( minus the brown spots i hope).
It will be an exact replica
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #157
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
What kind of compensation are you getting?
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #158
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
I picked it up on a rainy night. Brought it home and wiped it down in the garage. Due to work schedule i didnt get to drive it alot. Also most of the issue is on the passenger side. I noticed it after the first time i washed it.
Your right i should of pulled it into a bay or something at the dealership and checked it over.
The dealership is going to call me today about this issue.
Took delivery of mine at 10:30 pm. Wiped it down in my garage that night. Found light brown areas from presumably rail dust. Looked like splatter from road kill. Polished them out that night. Really stuck out against our SIM. May need better lighting in your garage. Any chance of something staining the clear coat? If it was on the color coat, wondering how the clear laid over and adhered so well.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #159
redsled

Drives: 2013 ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
As our cars are all painted assembly line by robots it appears you had a hydraulic hose spray your car between the coats from a high pressure leak............that's my theory. Good luck, I would get a new car ..........or a total repaint asap.

are there hydraulics in a paint line?
redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #160
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
They're replacing the car. Is there an expectation of additional compensation?
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #161
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Glad it worked out! Sure it was stressful but good to hear that GM/Dealership did the right thing.

Will the current one have a branded title? Just wondering if the next buyer will get this issue disclosed & then the price adjusted for it. I picture a quick paint job & placed out on some lot somewhere...
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #162
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
As our cars are all painted assembly line by robots it appears you had a hydraulic hose spray your car between the coats from a high pressure leak............that's my theory. Good luck, I would get a new car ..........or a total repaint asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsled View Post
are there hydraulics in a paint line?
Yes I imagine the paint robots do. As mentioned earlier in the thread, since the discolorations on the car also appear on his rear bumper and on the mirrors, whatever caused it happened after the car was painted and assembled. The bumpers and mirrors are painted by the respective vendor at a different time and location.

Congratulations on the resolution! Maybe they should wrap them for shipping like the C7 Stingrays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Glad it worked out! Sure it was stressful but good to hear that GM/Dealership did the right thing.

Will the current one have a branded title? Just wondering if the next buyer will get this issue disclosed & then the price adjusted for it. I picture a quick paint job & placed out on some lot somewhere...
Do a good paint job in Kinetic Blue and I bet they could move it off the lot!!!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #163
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
What did the Cam guy do with his ZL1??
I'll let the video speak for itself

Old 10-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #164
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
it was hard enough getting them to replace the car iT seems...looking for additional compensation would be futile.

Last edited by Denis; 10-07-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #165
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I agree. Geez, you guys, there was a time when he didn't think they'd do anything about it without suing them. I thought he hit a home run. No need to be greedy.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #166
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Quote:
BIG UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the Dealership. They are ordering me a new car tomorrow.
Should take 5-6 weeks to arrive. Unless they can hurry the order.
Im extremely happy that they are doing the right thing. Even though this has caused me some issues with my faith in Chevy i do believe it will come back as strong as it was.
Lets just pray that it will arrive clean and issue free.
Congratulations Casperadub70! I am very glad this worked out just as it should have in the beginning!

What made them change their minds? Did your legal have to get involved/speak to them? Did the Better Business Bureau (BBB) speak to them? Or was it just from your persistence?

Anyway Enjoy your new Camaro!

P.S. If I were you I would take it to the dealership and let them keep it. I would not drive it any further. Then nothing could happen to it that might complicate things.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #167
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMAR13 View Post
I agree... I also have scratches on the splitter and they want to take one off of another 1LE and stick it on ours.

Everyone, the situation isn't over. SOMAR13, were you able to get the same resolution?

I hope did.

Let us know.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #168
SOMAR13

Drives: 2014 Black on Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECCamaro View Post
Everyone, the situation isn't over. SOMAR13, were you able to get the same resolution?

I hope did.

Let us know.
No....We met with them today. They want to repaint the entire car, but that goes on a carfax as a repair, and depreciates the value..no dice. The topic of putting us into another car is on the table(they have an identical black on black 1LE on the lot) but the service manager says he has to talk with his district manager to discuss options on Monday. He told us not to rack up miles on the car because that may effect any resolution ie: stuck paying for mileage if they put us in another car. They knew the paint was jacked up, I showed them PRIOR to signing. But they said they could fix it no problem...they failed to mention "breaking the paint" would effect the value. They did acknowledge that he clear coat bubbles and dirt under the paint are defects. Basically have to wait until Monday to see what they come up with.
SOMAR13 is offline   Reply With Quote