Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
MGS V: The Phantom Pain

You call yourselves gamers? How is nobody talking about this game?!

This game is...Ridiculous is the best word I can use to describe it. Some Hightlights:
-The combat and sneaking mechanics are simply the best that has ever been in a Metal Gear game. It doesn't feel janky or weird to move around and do stuff, even when crawling.
-No more stopping the action to watch a codec call, which is nice. You can literally listen to all of the backstory via tapes on your Walkman while you're doing anything.
-There are REALLY weird tapes you can find, which help out in weird ways...For instance, there is a grunting/pooping tape that, if you hide in a toilet via the speaker on your Walkman, makes you LESS likely to be found in there.
-Your companions are amazing...That is all I will say.
-This game is the most Metal Gear ass Metal Gear game of all time, with more than enough weirdness...First: I'm pretty sure the opening sequence was the reason I had night terrors that first night. Second: One Word...Fulton. Ever wanted to strap a balloon to a sheep? Then hear it bleat as it flies into the air? You can do that! Dogs, people, animals, mortars, guns, jeeps full of people, TANKS....Fulton them and they fly off back to your base to fight for you.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I agree best MGS game to date IMO game play is pretty on point. Almost a flawless game there are a few things i dont like or maybe i am just doing it wrong. Like when using the Bino's to spot enemies sometimes it doesnt get all of them even though i scanned the entire area from different angles also the same when you sneak up and interogate and ask them where the rest of the People are at and he tells you but then all of sudden a unspotted enemy spots me and it goes into combat status and a mad rush of guys pop out of nowhere.

I love the Hq/FOB part of it too apparently you can if online attack others bases? But since MGS online connection sucks i never have that option. Yes the Fulton is awesome and i am not that far into the game only 5 story missions done and 4 side ops. But since the New Destiny expansion is comming out ill be playing less of MGS.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
This game ranks right up there with Witcher 3 for me this year...Overall Witcher 3 is on top, but this is a close second. If they could have taken their game play and had a story as cohesive (and coherent for that matter), as the Witcher 3, it would have been #1.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:26 AM   #4
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Great game. My only complaint with the PC version is you can`t reassign key strokes to the numpad, luckily you can change any of the lettered keys. Hate WASD!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote