Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
2014 SS w/ 1LE

My front Brembo's are off this car...

What is the part number for stock replacement pads?

Im getting close and need to start shopping around.

What are some good/better aftermarket options?

Need part numbers PLEASE. Dont want to guess and hope they fit!
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Do you not have auto parts stores in Virginia? Lots of GM parts stores online.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
sspade

I actually was at the dealer yesterday for an oil change... they were the ones who advised my front brakes were getting close. Told me I should almost "never" need rotors if I keep my pads fresh. After my service, I proceeded to the parts department to inquire about replacement pads and the guy COULD NOT FIND the proper pads in his computer since they did not come on my car from factory and could not look them up with my VIN.

Im not sure who's the bigger retard, him or I...

Back to my original question:

What is the part number for front brake pads on a 2014 SS w/ 1LE ???

Anyone with these Brembo's decide to go aftermarket instead of factory?

What brands have you used? Thoughts? Opinions?

Need part numbers.

Thanks!
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 06-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
sspade

Pinkerton Chevrolet in Lynchburg for the record.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #5
csmith4153

Drives: 2011 1SS
1LE didn't get different pads vs a regular SS.

p/n 22907156

https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D
Old 06-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #6
sspade

Aha. Thank you sir!

So the brakes were just visually different then?

SS's come with greyish calipers correct? At least the ones Ive seen... mine are powder coated red stock.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
1LE calipers are red; everything else compared to the SS is the same.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
sspade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
1LE calipers are red; everything else compared to the SS is the same.
10-4. Thanks for confirming that.

See some Hawk brand pads on eBay for $100 per front set.

Anyone use these before? I seem to remember someone saying that Hawk was supposed to be a "better than stock" replacement or upgrade in terms of stopping performance/longevity.

Any other brands anyone would recommend?

Obviously replacing with stock is my default, just exploring other options before I purchase. Appreciate anyone's input/opinion....
Old 06-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
sspade

Pinkerton just quoted me $530 for just front pad replacement.

Is it me or does this sound INSANE.

Im seeing sets of factory replacement Brembo pads on eBay for $160 shipped to my door.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
That "is" insane!

Something I've seen a lot of on this forum is there seems to be quite a few posts by people that install aftermarket brake pads that have a real bad problem with squealing and can't get them to stop. That's why the stock pads have those weights on top of them. Keeps them from squealing.
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #11
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Just replace w/factory pads. I replace mine once a year due to track use. The Brembos are designed to be easily swapped. The factory pads are the best for street or track use IMO.

Do not remove the caliper..pop out the two pad retaining pins with a small punch, take out clip, slide out old from the TOP of the caliper, push back pistons (suck out a little brake fluid first or open the bleeders), slide in new, replace clip, replace pins. About 10 mins a wheel after the first time.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #12
sspade

Thanks guys!

Stock pads ordered off eBay. Will attempt to install myself. Appreciate the responses.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
For the future:

All you need:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...brake+pad,1684

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote