Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #15
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
If they don't pull me for April production, then I'm gonna have to whip someone's ASS!!!
I second that.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
ZZ I was in the same bat as you i was number 2 prioroty and number one was a v-6 an on contraint.. hearing nothing from my dealrer1111100

today i got a call from my salesman--he starts out by saying you know whats happened to the SS dont you???? ( I said omggggggggg what now!!!!!!)---he was razin me--he goes on to tell me that the SS ARE the only cars being built now. And that ive been moved to number one cuz the one in front of me was a v-6 on constraint.

And that my car would be pulled for the march build. (im sooooooooo excited)

I asked about the status level which he couldnt give me only the iventory manager could and he was out to lunch butttttttttt he thought i would still be at 1100 til gm pulls the order----I asked dont you guys hve to submit the order to gm ??--he told me noo gm will see whats to be pulled all the dealer had to do was shou his 1st priority an it had no constraints on it

I hope this helps-----I AM AGAIN BREATHING AN IM NOT CONSTIPATED ANYMORE
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Yea, I was the 1st V8 at my dealership and they were allocated 15 - got 1 pulled for production.

Big surprise, it's a V8 and it isn't mine. I figure they are giving my car to someone else who is either the dealer or knows the dealer very well. I'm not bitter MUCH. I expected this to happen.

If they don't pull me for April production, then I'm gonna have to whip someone's ASS!!!
Here is where I retract my foot from my own mouth.

After my last phone call with my dealer yesterday, he actually went into the system and RE-PRIORITIZED the orders and PUT ME FIRST!!!

He didn't even tell me. After learning about the "Pass One" I decided to go to my dealer at lunch time. He showed me that I'm no.1 priority sitting at "Pass"!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm so happy, and glad my dealership did the right thing.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
I ordered mine on 10-14-08 ... I'm told I'm #1 and I'm still 1100 I understand , but they told me that my order was tp be pulled this week?.... Whatever that means!!!
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #19
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
yeah I don't understand all this crapola...As long as I get mine in early April, then nobody has to get hurt !!! just kidding...well kinda.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
I ordered mine on the first day we were allowed to which was the 13th of Oct. I'm priority one out of 18, I called the dealer yesterday and he said they are allocated 2 cars in Mar. One an SS and the other an RS, he said I'm priority one and that everyone else that ordered is priority two at this point. He assurred me that if they indeed get the allocated cars they are supposed to, that my car will be the first 2ss at this dealership. I think everyone at this point knows that the priority placed on your car is more for the dealer at this point and nothing else.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
I think everyone at this point knows that the priority placed on your car is more for the dealer at this point and nothing else.
Sorry, I must disagree, the priority # that your dealer assigns to your order determines in what order it will be picked/pull by GM. I think a dealer/salesman here on the forum will back me on that.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
....I think everyone at this point knows that the priority placed on your car is more for the dealer at this point and nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Sorry, I must disagree, the priority # that your dealer assigns to your order determines in what order it will be picked/pull by GM. I think a dealer/salesman here on the forum will back me on that.
It's a bit of both. The dealer could leave them all at priority 1 and as I understand it GM would automatically pull them by the date they were entered in the system (asssuming there are no constraints on it). So a dealer doesn't necessarily even need to use priority numbers. It's mostly just a way to help the larger dealers keep their orders arranged. They could still submit them to GM in any order they want no matter what they put the priority code to in dealerworld.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
In the same boat here....I am #1 at my dealer, and am WAITING on my phone call this week to tell me that my order has moved from the 1100 status.* I did see w/ my own 2 green eyeballs that I am sitting at #1 in the Pass One Screen (no 'pass' yet b/c they have not received their allocation yet).* They may or may not get any allocation for March, and that means some of us may be waiting until the first week of April to hear anything.I am hearing some people have found out today that their order has been pulled....so this Wed-Sat thing may not mean anything.....Here's to hoping!