Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
I've had several bad experiences with 2 different Chevy dealer's service departments. I had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu that they couldn't find. They kept blaming the tires, but I put 4 sets of tires on the car and still had problems. Finally lemon lawed the car. Replaced the Malibu with a 2011 Equinox and tried another dealership for service and they were horrible too. I finally found a service dept. I liked at a dealer that is not really convenient for me, but they do a great job. So not only did I take my equinox there for service, but I bought my Camaro from them as well. I drive past the dealer that gave me the runaround with the Malibu on my way to the other dealer and I just laugh every time I pass by. Like someone already said, you have to find the right one.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
20131LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
Uggss

Drives: Black with silver stripes 2011 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20131LS View Post
I've had several bad experiences with 2 different Chevy dealer's service departments. I had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu that they couldn't find. They kept blaming the tires, but I put 4 sets of tires on the car and still had problems. Finally lemon lawed the car. Replaced the Malibu with a 2011 Equinox and tried another dealership for service and they were horrible too. I finally found a service dept. I liked at a dealer that is not really convenient for me, but they do a great job. So not only did I take my equinox there for service, but I bought my Camaro from them as well. I drive past the dealer that gave me the runaround with the Malibu on my way to the other dealer and I just laugh every time I pass by. Like someone already said, you have to find the right one.
I have a Question about the lemon law, here in Michigan it's 4 repairs for the same problem. While this is not the problem I had at the start it's a direct result of the 3rd repair so would this be considered a 4th?
Uggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Don't judge all dealers from yours.....most are excellent and would not give you a line of BS like this one.

This where having Reggie and his team helping out is a great benefit here and the other forums.

I also suggest to out this dealer if they don't make it right...and give props to the good ones you see praised here. Boils my blood being a GM tech for as many years as I was to see these practices...this is what gives GM a bad name, and it is just the dealer, not GM that does these things.

You're absolutely right some of these dealers just don't care.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggss View Post
They are a Gm dealership and they not only have the dealership name to uphold they have GM's to uphold also. I'm pretty sure all GM's dealers practice a form of standard operating procedure and re checking all work is most likely one of them. It is totally unacceptable (great dealership or not) to miss either tightening a nut or not putting it on all together. This dealership made an error that put my safety and life in jeopardy with this mistake. Had that bolt fell off that whole wheel would have come of with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
dealerships are privately owned. the owners decide who runs the service department, and how they'll be run. GM has very little control over the day to day operations of one. just like with any other business, some owners are focused on service and quality, and other on the bottom line. not to mention there is most likely a fair amount of nepotism out there too. I'm sure there are plenty of service managers and general managers who have their job because dad owns the dealership.

their no different than any other franchise.

Last edited by jd10013; 05-25-2013 at 05:37 AM.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #19
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Don't judge all dealers from yours.....most are excellent and would not give you a line of BS like this one.

This where having Reggie and his team helping out is a great benefit here and the other forums.

I also suggest to out this dealer if they don't make it right...and give props to the good ones you see praised here. Boils my blood being a GM tech for as many years as I was to see these practices...this is what gives GM a bad name, and it is just the dealer, not GM that does these things.

I was thinking that all dealers were bad until I read the above post. Bad service does travel a lot faster than good service. So most likely most dealerships are good. Sucks when you live next to a bad one though.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #20
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Dang man...good thing that got caught in time. My god..
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Rodgers Chevrolet in MI is a good service center, and around the country there are great ones....we just need a sticky thread to help members steer to the good ones, and away from the bad ones. I have seen first hand some so dishonest I could go on for days, but they ARE the minority. Find the good ones and they deserve your business.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Rodgers Chevrolet in MI is a good service center, and around the country there are great ones....we just need a sticky thread to help members steer to the good ones, and away from the bad ones. I have seen first hand some so dishonest I could go on for days, but they ARE the minority. Find the good ones and they deserve your business.

That's good idea sticky would be great.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Damn that's scary. Personally I'd just go buy a nut and put it on myself and never go back there.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggss View Post
I have a Question about the lemon law, here in Michigan it's 4 repairs for the same problem. While this is not the problem I had at the start it's a direct result of the 3rd repair so would this be considered a 4th?
I hired a lemon law attorney to represent me. The attorney's fee was part of the settlement. So no money out of pocket for me. I would suggest you look for one.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
20131LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
That's good idea sticky would be great.
Started one - just need members to give input now.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I've said this before on here.
All dealerships pay their mechanics flat rate labour. Therefore all work done on your car is done as fast as humanly possible. This is not conducive to doing a proper job. Most repairs that are done at a dealer are sub par, period.

I've been to a dealer for repairs once, new differential in my 2011 Silverado. They forgot to hook up the e-brake cables.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I've said this before on here.
All dealerships pay their mechanics flat rate labour. Therefore all work done on your car is done as fast as humanly possible. This is not conducive to doing a proper job. Most repairs that are done at a dealer are sub par, period.

I've been to a dealer for repairs once, new differential in my 2011 Silverado. They forgot to hook up the e-brake cables.

the only time a car of mine goes back to the dealership is for recall or warranty work. I've never understood why so many people take their cars to a dealership despite the reputation they have for over charging and doing shoddy and often times unnecessary work.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #28
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
I would take that picture to the police department and ask them to go over and have a talk with them about endangering the lives of persons on the highway as well as your personal safety. This may not be a crime but the fact the carelessness would probably result in vehicular homicide if it were to fail I think would possibly get the law enforcement community involved. If GM does not have a serious talk with a dealer who does this kind of work and releases it upon the highway then GM needs to fail! An individuals safety is paramount bar none. Just because it did not come out does not mean a dang thing in my opinion - service manager, and mechanic both need terminated and not be permitted to work for a GM dealership ever again. This is ridiculous to let someone leave a dealership with a control piece not properly secured.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote