Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Annual Canadian Show N Shine

On July 19th, heading up to Canada for a Show n Shine in Lillooet, B.C.. This is an annual, no judging event and is a fun little show. All proceeds go back into the community and the hosts make some excellent burgers
The actual show is Saturday, July 20th, 9am at the local rec center. (NO you can't drive by and miss it). It is about a 7 hour drive from Seattle.
It's a great scenic drive and hoping that some of my fellow Canadians can meet up with us

Name:  L2.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  L3.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  166.5 KB

Name:  L4.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  lillooet.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  122.6 KB

Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-14-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Do you head up there as a group and enter the showN Shine or just go to walk around and take in the sights? I'm in northern BC and when I saw this, thought maybe I should put it on my list of places to go this year.
Tried googling the event but only got this post and last years newspaper account of it taking place.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Do you head up there as a group and enter the showN Shine or just go to walk around and take in the sights? I'm in northern BC and when I saw this, thought maybe I should put it on my list of places to go this year.
Tried googling the event but only got this post and last years newspaper account of it taking place.
Last year we traveled up with just our car and the silver Camaro you see in the pictures. It starts with entering our car in the show-n-shine on Saturday morning. We hang around, chat and look at cars until the show wraps up in the early afternoon. (It's just an exhibition, not a judged show, so you can leave anytime you want.) After that we did some sightseeing. On Saturday night they close down a section of the main street in Lillooet, set up a beer garden, and have bands playing.
This year we are trying to get a few more cars together and form a Camarovan coming up from the US. Perhaps picking up some lower mainland BC Camaros along the way. Coming down from the North, I doubt that you'd want to drive all the way to Abbotsford to join us, (although you are welcome to if you were so inclined) but you could always meet up with us in Lillooet, or someplace along the line.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
I'm in contact with the organizer and she will send me a flyer as soon as she has one done. I will post it as soon as I get it. I tried finding an old one on line also, but it is Lillooet (Born and raised there) I know that there other events that go on during the week end. If you golf, bring your clubs and you can participate in the golf tourney. The ShowNShine is short; 9-2, and for a little community, there is an amazing turnout. I'll find out what time the gates open too. ( I believe it opens at 8:00.)
We can also do a nice cruise, the scenery is endless there, no matter which direction we take. Lots of twisties
I have a list of lodging available. If we get enough participants I might be able to swing a better rate too. My room is already booked at my Mom's!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I wish I could say yes to that run, but that's a Big Race weekend on our schedule. We are two time defending Champions and were looking for our third Wally.

Attached Images

Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Just read the title of this thread, Annual Canadian Show n Shine. Lol, are we really that small up here?

But anyways keep me posted on dates and times, especially if theres a big enough group for hotel discounts. Im probably in.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I wish I could say yes to that run, but that's a Big Race weekend on our schedule. We are two time defending Champions and were looking for our third Wally.

I had that time off too, but a Wally is priority # 1
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
iceman5730
Iceman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
maybe were in on this one See if I can gain some more interest [/CODE]
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post

I had that time off too, but a Wally is priority # 1
Good time to come up for a race weekend.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Good time to come up for a race weekend.

hell ya.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
I'm sure you could. Your assignment should you choose to accept is to be the leader of the BC Crew.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
hell ya.
K will have to work on that then.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Last year we traveled up with just our car and the silver Camaro you see in the pictures. It starts with entering our car in the show-n-shine on Saturday morning. We hang around, chat and look at cars until the show wraps up in the early afternoon. (It's just an exhibition, not a judged show, so you can leave anytime you want.) After that we did some sightseeing. On Saturday night they close down a section of the main street in Lillooet, set up a beer garden, and have bands playing.
This year we are trying to get a few more cars together and form a Camarovan coming up from the US. Perhaps picking up some lower mainland BC Camaros along the way. Coming down from the North, I doubt that you'd want to drive all the way to Abbotsford to join us, (although you are welcome to if you were so inclined) but you could always meet up with us in Lillooet, or someplace along the line.
If you are leaving Friday you could make a pit stop at Mission Raceway Park. Twenty minutes from the Sumas border and then you could up the north side of the Fraser River to Hope and beyond.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:

go Merc go!

Quote:
Just read the title of this thread, Annual Canadian Show n Shine. Lol, are we really that small up here?

But anyways keep me posted on dates and times, especially if theres a big enough group for hotel discounts. Im probably in.
LOL Did that more for the American side....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
Quote:
I'm sure you could. Your assignment should you choose to accept is to be the leader of the BC Crew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
If you are leaving Friday you could make a pit stop at Mission Raceway Park. Twenty minutes from the Sumas border and then you could up the north side of the Fraser River to Hope and beyond.

I'm liking that idea. It's been a long time since I've done that side of the river and I'm sure my travel buddies wouldn't mind watching a little race