Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Str8_W8
Deadlift King

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
DD BMR 1"and 1.4" Springs with Koni Shocks? 1LE Rear Stabilizer?

I'm looking into a set of lowering springs or possibly a set of coilovers. On my 02 SS, I had Koni adjustable shocks with Sam Strano springs and it rode firm, maybe a little too firm for Louisiana's bad roads. I also had to install offset bushings because the camber would never get into specs.

Does anyone have the koni shocks with bmr springs?

I also came across a thread that said something about a 1LE rear stabilizer. Is this a sway bar or something else?

Lowering springs cost vs coilover cost?

Last edited by Str8_W8; 06-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
BMR offers 1.0" and 1.4" lowering springs, rumor has it we will also have a 1.25" spring coming soon. Basically, the lower you go, the stiffer the spring will be to compensate for the reduced travel. That being said, a majority of our customers choose the 1.0" springs. The ride quality after installing springs is really a matter of perception. Some people say they feel the same as the stock springs, others can feel a difference in handling, mostly in a good way! I think the 1.0" springs are what you need. And yes, the rear stabilizer bar is also known as the "sway bar". I would recommend the BMR rear sway bar, which is an upgrade over the 1LE bar. Lowering springs are significantly less expensive than coilovers, by far! But coilovers (most of them) give you adjustability in ride height and/or dampening levels. Coilovers can cost anywhere from right around $1000 a set on up to $4000 or even more per set. On the other hand, a full set of lowering springs only cost around $250/set, or maybe even less if you buy them used from the classified section.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Str8_W8
Deadlift King

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
BMR offers 1.0" and 1.4" lowering springs, rumor has it we will also have a 1.25" spring coming soon. Basically, the lower you go, the stiffer the spring will be to compensate for the reduced travel. That being said, a majority of our customers choose the 1.0" springs. The ride quality after installing springs is really a matter of perception. Some people say they feel the same as the stock springs, others can feel a difference in handling, mostly in a good way! I think the 1.0" springs are what you need. And yes, the rear stabilizer bar is also known as the "sway bar". I would recommend the BMR rear sway bar, which is an upgrade over the 1LE bar. Lowering springs are significantly less expensive than coilovers, by far! But coilovers (most of them) give you adjustability in ride height and/or dampening levels. Coilovers can cost anywhere from right around $1000 a set on up to $4000 or even more per set. On the other hand, a full set of lowering springs only cost around $250/set, or maybe even less if you buy them used from the classified section.
I was looking at the BMR springs and saw that the koni shocks are supposed to work with the springs. Anyone have this setup?
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote