Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Car 'missing' under light acceleration

Just like the title says. A6, injen intake, and flowmaster at. However this was happening before installing those parts.

Under light acceleration (idle to 2500-3000 rpm and up to maybe 1/4 open throttle. Say accelerating off a light with traffic) the throttle seems to miss. I look at the tach and it jumps +/- a few revs. With the flows you can hear it, especially up a hill. But when it hits the powerband it's fine.

Used fuel injector cleaner, didn't seem to help. Pop the hood at night and see no arching. Haven't pulled the plugs, that's my last idea.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
mypuppysirius

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey V6
that's what that great warranty is for. straight to the dealership.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Yeah, but unfortunately the great part of my warranty is gone, well over 36,000 miles. Still under the not so great 5 year/100,000 miles limited powertrain though. Pretty much everything this could be ain't covered anymore.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Check trans fluid?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Check trans fluid?
Thought the A6 in the V6 was a sealed tranny and didn't need to be changed for 150k? Now I feel like an idiot because I don;t even know how to check it since I thought you didn't need to. 0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Don't know from your post if you have a v8 or v6... if you have a v8 I think you are noticing AFM going from 4 cylinders to 8. There are quite a few threads about it and I've determined that the same thing happening to me is AFM.

I would tune it out but I don't want to void my warranty.
Yeah, I have a 6.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
It sounds like the standard "dead spot" between 2000 & 3400 rpm most LLT's experiance, especially if it was there before the mods. The VMax CNC TB takes care of most or all of it. Also, make sure your oil level is full due to the VVT being reliant on oil delivery.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
It sounds like the standard "dead spot" between 2000 & 3400 rpm most LLT's experiance, especially if it was there before the mods. The VMax CNC TB takes care of most or all of it. Also, make sure your oil level is full due to the VVT being reliant on oil delivery.
Hmm, knew nothing about that! Thanks sc. If it's barely happening at idle, can that be blamed on the dead spot as well? Oil levels good. Put 6 qts in on saturday.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Thought the A6 in the V6 was a sealed tranny and didn't need to be changed for 150k? Now I feel like an idiot because I don;t even know how to check it since I thought you didn't need to. 0_o
Yes it is a sealed box, however IMHO you shouldn't wait that long to change the fluid, especially if you run your car hard. Fluids will wear out, I was even talking to a mechanic at my Chevrolet dealership and he said it's a load of bull and you should have your trans fluid changed much sooner than that.

Behind the oil pan there is another pan that is the the "check fluid level/quality" however I suggest you let a mechanic do it. I lost a little bit of fluid because I was messing around with it and took it to the dealer and said I needed more fluid in the trans. They inspected it twice and said it was at the OK level. I talked to the mechanic and he said it was at the lowest ok level, he finally told me he would add more. Turns out that fixed my problem, which was the trans slipping a little at hard WOT.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I think we have 100K mile plugs- but I wouldn't assume it. I did a quick check of the owners manual and couldn't confirm it.

If you're well past 36k standard plugs could be worn enuff to cause your problem and might be worth a look.

BTW there's a great DIY vid on this on You Tube for the 2010 Camaro V6 and it looks like an easy job.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
masterofpuppets, hopefully you're able to take care of this yourself but if you ever do think a trip to your dealer is a good idea let me know and I'll do what I can to help you with them. I hope it's something simple!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I think we have 100K mile plugs- but I wouldn't assume it. I did a quick check of the owners manual and couldn't confirm it.

If you're well past 36k standard plugs could be worn enuff to cause your problem and might be worth a look.

BTW there's a great DIY vid on this on You Tube for the 2010 Camaro V6 and it looks like an easy job.
Pretty much, as I've been told, most new cars run 100k plugs. I'm at 45,000ish miles right now and LOTS of in traffic driving which can fowl up plugs so it's not out of the question. I'm gonna have her on stands this weekend to plastidip my wheels, might pull the plugs while the wheels are drying. Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Not 100% sure... but if it was truly missing or misfiring, i think it would throw a code, possibly even the CEL... have your local Auto Zone type place check for any codes...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not 100% sure... but if it was truly missing or misfiring, i think it would throw a code, possibly even the CEL... have your local Auto Zone type place check for any codes...
No cel. I think missing might be a bit on the heavy side but it's the only way to describe it. The rpms only go +/- a few hundred rpm, it doesn't feel like its running out of gas as I've heard missing described. I'm gonna pull the plugs, if they're ok I'll try that. Good idea. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
^^ This.....

There is a wicked 'dead' spot between 2000-3000 rpm. Most apparent in the lower 2000 band. I have it too. I have noticed that if I use 91 (normally use 89) octane the dip isn't as bad. I plan on getting the Vmax CNC TB to help correct this. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm sure someone has a dyno sheet to show you exactly what you are feeling. If one get posted look at the torque and HP band between 2-3k and you will see it is very jumpy.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote