Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
torquepower85
keepin it stock

Drives: Chevrolette Corvette Sting Ray 1965
Looking for a car lift

I originally posted this in the off-topic forum, but I'm posting here because it didn't seem to get many response in the 3 days it was up. So I apologize in advance for reposting this.

Anyways, me and my dad are doing some research. We're plundering the great wonders of search engines and forums for some helpful tips and feedback for our next great endeavor: a car lift.

We've basically broken it down to two choices, one is a two post and one is a 4 post. Before I link them I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions-

1. Does anyone have any feedback on the pros and cons of a 2 poster vs. a 4 poster?

2. Does anyone have any feedback of the brands of lift that are posted below?

3. Does anyone have any feedback from a lift they've owned? (If so, please link! I'm very interested!)

So here are the lifts I've come down to:

BendPak HD7P with possible Bridge Jack Attachment

or the MaxJax lift (mainly because if we're getting a two-post, this one seems like it would be the most space-friendly)

The heaviest thing we have to lift has a 3050lb curb weight so all suggestions within that range would be greatly appreciated. Also, our garage ceiling goes to 108" so within the height range would be awesome too! And as far as the flooring, we're willing to put the appropriate PSI of concrete as per which lift we end up getting.

Thank you in advance for all your feedback! I'm just trying to get a well-rounded view of the purchase before I dive into it. All beneficial comments are greatly appreciated. Also, if I should post this elsewhere please let me know!

edit: Also, I'm not running a professional shop, just a home DIY sort of thing. Just letting you know for informational purposes.

Last edited by torquepower85; 09-09-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added a little sump'n
torquepower85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
376TT

Drives: 2010 Nickey/Chicago FLP Twin Turbo
Lift

What a drag!!! Someone with the same info seeking planning and no

replies!! Come on guys and or gals, there has to be more than two of the

14,000 people that like the Camaro5 site that has or had interest in car

lifts and storage! Inquiring minds want to know!! please?
376TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
don't matter what section its in, the majority of folks browse all threads with new post, hench the new post link at the top.

So now the problem is like me I saw this in here and ignore it till just now cause I was bord, thinking its probably a double post. should of stayed with the orignal thread or had a much different thread title.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
elockhart

Drives: 2010camaro
I have the 4 post revolution by rotary,I am very pleased with it.
with the 4 post, all fore wheels are on the ramp,if you wanted to do brake jobs and such,you need a 2 post. I only use mine for storage.
elockhart is offline   Reply With Quote