Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #43
Grubiks 9

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS/1LE
Like most in here have said, do what you can afford. This is the first new car I've ever owned and ordered it how I wanted: 1SS, NPP, BA and that's it. I'm a firm believer in you don't miss what you don't have. I've never had a backup camera, nav, leather, or HUD. And guess what? I don't miss not ordering any of that stuff. And by not ordering that stuff it saved me a LOT of $$. However if you can afford the extra $10-$15k for all the bells and whistles, by all means do so! It's your car, get it exactly how you want.
'14 AGM 1SS/1LE/NPP: Ordered March 18th, 2014. Born May 5th, 2014! Acquired June 20th, 2014.
Grubiks 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #44
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I had spec'd a '15 1LE 1SS with Recaros, NPP, rear vision package when I had time to be more heavily involved in HPDE's. I also considered the CTS-V brake option. I would have added the gauge package. That is really all I need. Some more thoughts...

The leather on the track is silly except that you can wipe them down afterwards and get the tire and oil mist out. This is true also over time as well if you run with the windows down or smoke, etc. A lot of people, esp women, don't understand cloth seats in a car these days when the cheapest econobeans come with them.

I don't really like the idea of a HUD, but I do use it around the well patrolled areas on a daily basis. The tach reading is too slow and imprecise. On the track it is useless.

The rear camera is a must for me for a daily driver.

The RS headlights in the '10-'13 make for a big improvement in looks IMO. On the '14+, not so much.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:13 AM   #45
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You can whatever later to make your car 2ss.
But yor VIN will always say otherwise.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #46
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbzo6 View Post
I am looking at getting a 2015 1LE. But I am having trouble in deciding between the 1SS or 2SS. Has anyone gotten the 1SS and wished they got the 2SS or has gotten the 2SS and wished they got the 1SS. The main thing I like about the 2SS is the gauge package.
If the main thing you want from a 2SS is the gauges, then get a 1SS and put the gauges in. It takes 20 minutes.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #47
rayers0423

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
The gauge package is available separately.
rayers0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #48
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
1SS or 2SS

I got the 2SS because I didn't want to look back and say coulda shoulda woulda. The gauges are for show though. Tranny temp on a manual??? Uhm really... But... If you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly ok well I like the bells and whistles, I bought a 90' Gen 3 RS brand new and regretted the V6 and not getting the whole package. Your call though, it's for YOU!!!
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #49
nvydvr

Sunroof

To correct what someone said the 2SS does not come with a sunroof that is definitely an add on. I just received my 2015 2SS 1LE and I had to add the sunroof on, it is an extra.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #50
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Dont forget though, 2SS comes without sunroof too!

You made it seem in your writing that no sunroof is a 1SS thing. I'd correct dat.

But yeah, I agree with all else. I to initially wanted a 1SS for the reasons that you stated, particularly the "go" part.

I ended up with a 2SS and no sunroof, and I must say, I'm just as happy with it in retrospect
I know, but i think people get my jist.

I like factory race cars built for the streets. Porsche GT3, Porsche RS, Cobra R's etc, Just all the fast and no flash.

I built a fox body mustang that was a racecar that was a street car. No radio, no A/C, roll bar, race suspension, removalable steering wheel, interior was sparco's, steering wheel, 5 point harness and minimal carpet, door panels had nothing on them just a way to open and roll up a window. Funny part it had a sunroof. But I replaced the glass with a carbon fiber piece made like surfboard. That car was a adrenlin rush, but 100 degree humidity, in traffic with no A/C sucks.

So I wanted a car like you could order in the 60's. Just a plain jane grandma car with a big engine and all the go fast parts.

Also I think the guys with the 1SS 1LE XYZ NPP cars are going to be collectible.

It is the poor man's Z28, the 2SS is the poor man's ZL1.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #51
Shifty
One Shot, One Kill

Drives: 14 1LE
When I got mine I wanted a black 1LE, RS package, leather, nav, BA, HUD, and NPP. The only option I got that I didn't ask for was the sun roof.

Last edited by Shifty; 12-10-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #52
nvydvr

I disagree that the 1LE is the poor man's ZL1. I definately could have bought the ZL1, but it was the 1LE that appealed to me. Just because you have money doesn't always mean you have to spend it all. I bought exactly what I wanted, I even looked at the corvette's but they seem too European Supercar to me now. They really lost that musclecar vibe, in my eyes. The Camaro still represent the American musclecar in my eyes. God Bless and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #53
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
I disagree that the 1LE is the poor man's ZL1. I definately could have bought the ZL1, but it was the 1LE that appealed to me. Just because you have money doesn't always mean you have to spend it all. I bought exactly what I wanted, I even looked at the corvette's but they seem too European Supercar to me now. They really lost that musclecar vibe, in my eyes. The Camaro still represent the American musclecar in my eyes. God Bless and Merry Christmas.
Very nice - couldn't have said it better. I always wanted a muscle car that I could play with and mod - the corvette didn't fit my taste either. (not to mention in this area it seems you have to be a minimum of 65 years old to own one)
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #54
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have a 10 1 SS/RS that I am turning into an 1 LE. I got the 1SS because it was lighter and I didn't want the sunroof. I am ordering the 1LE differential with the 391's I do track it once in awhile and play with friend's that have Porsche's and Mustangs and they can't believe how well my SS runs. I know for what I have spent on it I could have waited a couple years and got the 1LE but it wasn't for sure they were gonna build it when I bought mine and I LOVE my car.
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #55
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Just kidding, gee

Yes a ZL1 has the blower and the Magnetic shocks. But most I see have every option you could have. So compared to a 2SS 1LE with the leather interior and all the bells and whistles it is simular

The Z28 is bare bones much like a 1SS 1LE. Its not the money its the uniqueness of a car that most people would not buy, hence the low production numbers.

Personally I wish the magnetic shocks were an option on the 1LE, a friends Gran Sport Vette has them and the car goes from riding like a malibu to Z06 in a press of a button.

I am not dissing the 2SS, well just a little nudge. Since 4 out of 4 dealers I spoke to about ordering a 1SS with the recaro's all stated they highly recommend not to order the recaro's do to the mix match seat materials would effect resale value. Then you know its a good thing. Because then it makes the 1SS even more rare when the dealer is trying to upsale to the 2SS. Most people don't even know the back seats are cloth, so I expect if anyone sold a 1SS with recaro's most dealers or people are going to assume the car got a optional leather interior.

If there was a kit to remove the backseat and install a cross brace ala Boss 302 Laguna Seca, then I would.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #56
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
The HUD is the only thing I wish I could have gotten on my 1SS. I feel that the cloth seats fit better than the leather seats, and I'm not much for bells and whistles. Parking sensors and backup camera? No thanks, my neck works.
For me the car is a BOAT and the backup sensor is my favorite feature other than the seat warmers. I don't use the screen as much as the audible sonar. I think I'll always get that in my future cars ...
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote