Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
pedders xa coilovers

Any news on the current situation of pedders? Are the xa still available and is there service?
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
No news yet! Check around with vendors for availability but I doubt anyone has them.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Or go with Pfadt, or BC if you want something like the xa'S
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Just for information I have a blown one on rear and haven't heard anything from them after more than 6 attempts to contact them so you make the decision. I don't know how they will remain in business in the future if they get their issues resolved a lot of customer service issues to get past.
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLS3SS View Post
Just for information I have a blown one on rear and haven't heard anything from them after more than 6 attempts to contact them so you make the decision. I don't know how they will remain in business in the future if they get their issues resolved a lot of customer service issues to get past.
You email Australia? Looks like the only option for us for now. Or have a shop rebuild them I guess
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
ok thanks guys. It is because the XA's had some pretty great reviews on this site and I think for $1700 its a fair price. Would I prefer the pfadts, YES but its an extra $800.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
GreyLS3SS

nothing from Pedder AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
You email Australia? Looks like the only option for us for now. Or have a shop rebuild them I guess

Hi yes I emailed Pedders AU but as of today have not received anything from them either. I can't believe whatever is going on, they would fold a good company over a disagreement. I don't get it maybe someday we'll know a part of it
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Hi yes I emailed Pedders AU but as of today have not received anything from them either. I can't believe whatever is going on, they would fold a good company over a disagreement. I don't get it maybe someday we'll know a part of it
Yes baffling. Think you would hear from AUS as it is their product that went bad and would help out. Then again my New Zealand friend thinks of them as cousins no one speaks highly of...lol
Old 12-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
XA's if you can find them. I realize Pedders has been silent but he is under a gag order for everything. I'm sure once things are worked out he will be back with his usual level of support. I know that's no consolation for GREYLS3SS who's car is down. I do feel for ya.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #10
GreyLS3SS

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
XA's if you can find them. I realize Pedders has been silent but he is under a gag order for everything. I'm sure once things are worked out he will be back with his usual level of support. I know that's no consolation for GREYLS3SS who's car is down. I do feel for ya.

I do hope Pete and his crew come out okay but it is frustrating. I am giving it another month then parting out all my aftermarket stuff and putting the car back to stock. So I may have lots of suspension parts, CAI, Headers, for sell. While I love my car I don't think I will enjoy it near as much with the stock parts so may have to go another direction.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
If I were in your position I would contact BC Racing and explain the situation. If in fact, as rumor has it, they manufacture Pedders, they may be able to ship you a replacement cartridge. I know they will ship replacement cartridges for thier own coilovers for $95 each that are fairly simple to install. This was a big plus when I got mine. It's worth a try.
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml_pa View Post
If I were in your position I would contact BC Racing and explain the situation. If in fact, as rumor has it, they manufacture Pedders, they may be able to ship you a replacement cartridge. I know they will ship replacement cartridges for thier own coilovers for $95 each that are fairly simple to install. This was a big plus when I got mine. It's worth a try.
good idea if they have the replacements, I saw something on the factory in Taiwan that makes theirs and others, but Pedders wasnt one of them.l'm gussing here, but the clevis, and body may be made there but the valving and all the rest may be made elsewhere, or there,
and all assembled in Australia.
One person had them rebuilt by a shop that does that and worked out o.k.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
GreyLS3SS

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml_pa View Post
Thank you very much I will research that for an option and contact them another reason to visit the forum to get ideas.
Have a great New Year and hope the rubber stays on the road
Old 01-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #14
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Damn, I haven't been here that long, I had no idea that something had happened

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote