Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Flashtech RGB Halos Installed

So today I received my color changing halos. They were all in tact and preserved wonderfully in their packaging. Hardest part of the installation was taking off the bumper but after that it was a piece of cake It took me from Noon today to 9pm to finished installing, wiring and testing out the halos.

My order was not the halo kit, it was the RGB Halos pre installed in BRAND New headlights and foglights.

Here are some photos.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
CuSStomRS

Drives: Black 2SSRS
Seriously? That ring not only dosent fit that light at all but they installed it all messed up and crooked!

These guys brag all the time about being cheaper than ACC, from the looks of your pictures they are cheaper because they cheap out on the size of the ring and and led that are on the ring.

I have the Oracle halos on my car and you can barely even see a space between the led. These look like a smile that is missing teeth!

Glad I didnot cheap out on my halos...

my Oracle rings look like this, they are like ten times the amount of led and seem to be designed to fit the fog light, no wonder they cost more!
Attached Images

CuSStomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Looks good OP. if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. Enjoy!
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSStomRS View Post
Seriously? That ring not only dosent fit that light at all but they installed it all messed up and crooked!

These guys brag all the time about being cheaper than ACC, from the looks of your pictures they are cheaper because they cheap out on the size of the ring and and led that are on the ring.

I have the Oracle halos on my car and you can barely even see a space between the led. These look like a smile that is missing teeth!

my Oracle rings look like this, they are like ten times the amount of led and seem to be designed to fit the fog light, no wonder they cost more!
That is the first thing I noticed but I didn't expect it to be super high quality in the first place since it is cheaper.

It doesn't look like a full ring, as you said "smile missing teeth" but I kind of like the look as it resembles lights from an Audi. (Has always caught my attention)

Overall I am happy that these new headlights and foglights were not damaged.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
As long as your happy op, that's all that matters.

uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
FYI my foglight halos do not look like that at all and i have flashtech halos. You might want to email them and get that fixed asap. That doesn't look right at all!
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
James@Flashtech

Drives: Delorean
Jeeeeeez. Our Color Changing Halos are our newest addition. First of all to customRSS..those are two TOTALLY different types of LEDs. The picture you posted is 3528 LED..the ones on the color changing halos are SMD 5050's. Each LED is 3 times the size of a 3528. And crooked?? Where?? lol. We have been having single color halos for quite some time and we have many different sizes. We only have so many sizes available for the color changing halos as of now. More are in production as we speak. You didn't get "jipped" lol. There is nothing cheap about these halos. They are not of lesser quality lol. When they are on they look amazing and work and function amazing. We will have bigger halos coming in to fit the camaro foglights a little bit better in the future.
James@Flashtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSStomRS View Post

I've got Flashtech Halos and not a single person has ever come to me and told me I should have invested in a tighter gap on my foglight leds

The lights work great, are bright, and look so good matched with my grille at night. If you want to pay more than double for something that functions identical and looks basically the same be my guest.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Hey James, could you PM me pricing for RGB halos for my headlights? I just have an LS without fogs so I only need headlights. PM me pricing for just the halos and also new headlights with halos pre installed. I'd appreciate it, thanks!
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
James@Flashtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I've got Flashtech Halos and not a single person has ever come to me and told me I should have invested in a tighter gap on my foglight leds

The lights work great, are bright, and look so good matched with my grille at night. If you want to pay more than double for something that functions identical and looks basically the same be my guest.
Thats my boy
Old 07-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
James@Flashtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Hey James, could you PM me pricing for RGB halos for my headlights? I just have an LS without fogs so I only need headlights. PM me pricing for just the halos and also new headlights with halos pre installed. I'd appreciate it, thanks!
Wayne your inbox is full. Email me at james.flashtech@gmail.com or clear your messages up
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@Flashtech View Post
Wayne your inbox is full. Email me at james.flashtech@gmail.com or clear your messages up
Can I get a quote for JUST the fog RGB's?
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote