Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
jerry benavides

Drives: Camaro Rs
jdp halo question!!

hello everyone.. my jdp halo kit should arrive tomorrow.. i went ahead and bought some leds to lightup behind the grill as well and since ill be removing the bumper for the halos might as well connect the strip of leds at the same time.. does anyone know how to connect them? i want them to be on just when the halos are on.. i want the halos to be turned on by a switch ao that i could leave them on if i wanted too when the car is off.. any suggestion ideas??
jerry benavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I installed the JDP halos myself and the package comes with a switch. This switch has 2 settings. One way will allow the halos to work off of the battery, like when the car is off but you want the halos on. The other way will allow the halos to be in "ignition mode" which allows them to turn on only when the car is started. I generally leave mine in ignition mode so I don't have to turn them on and off every time I get into the car. I do not know how to wire the grill lighting to work with the halos, sorry. I hop this answers some of your questions.
SNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
jerry benavides

Drives: Camaro Rs
where did you wire for the power and ground? i should get mine tomorrow and i was thinking to maybe wore the scanner power to the jdps power so that when i turn them on theyll turn on too..? idk if that can work?
jerry benavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
billd579

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
the JDP Kit comes with a whole setup and DVD for install. It will answer most of your questions. I'm just not sure how to wire the bar to the system.
billd579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
here is what i did
if this is what your trying to do shot me a pm ill and try and help ya

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote