Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
itsjustdave
David A.

Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Random dead/dying battery

Ok guys here's what's up, on my '12 ls m6, the battery is now randomly dying. I took it to the dealer and the check engine light threw some codes of passenger side headlight draeing power. I had aftermarket HIDs installed as well as HID fog lights. The dealer checked the battery and the charging system and couldn't find anything wrong, so they told me to uninstall the HIDs and make it stock to see if that will fix the issue. Changed outta HIDs to the oem halogen bulbs and took out the fog lights and all wiring for the HIDs so there wasn't any issue,y battery has still died multiple times in the past 3 days. It's at the dealer now and they are checking it out and can't find anything wrong with the wiring, charging system, or the battery itself.

Back note: in December, about a month, month and a half after havingy heater core replaced, I had my car sitting while i was out of country for a month. Once I returned, The inside oft cR was literally frozen with ice, I'm not just talking a little bit; I had ice on the windshield, the trim, the plastic pieces throughout the interior. It was to the point to where I could scrape it off with a credit card. Also, the floor was WET, not just damp but wet enough to soak a piece of notebook in minutes.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #2
Matty1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro 2$$
Sounds like you have some sort of a control module in the interior that's staying on and not powering down. Not sure if the dealer/shop is doing a parasitic drain test but that will tell you if there's something not powering down. If you had that much moisture inside your cabin something got messed up. Computers, stereos, amplifiers etc etc do not like having moisture they will damage the drivers inside. If you have a digital multi meter you can disconnect the negative battery cable and check for yourself.
Matty1LE is offline   Reply With Quote