Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #57
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
For those of you saying pay the ticket...I don't know about you, but I am not going to sit here and get my insurance f***** up because of a corrupt cop. I am 22 years old and living in California, insurance costs a lot more than for those living in other places.

I'm not saying to flat out pay without a fight but stop trying to put blame on either the corrupt police officer and that your car could not and you would not.
If your record is as good as you say, then yes, I would try and fight, show them that you have been a good boy and ask for forgiveness. I wouldn't go in and start rambling off all your conspiracy theories without any serious back up\facts.

Good luck and keep us posted (maybe)

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #58
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
"I'm just 22 and I don't mind dying...."
Old 06-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #59
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
For those of you saying pay the ticket...I don't know about you, but I am not going to sit here and get my insurance f***** up because of a corrupt cop. I am 22 years old and living in California, insurance costs a lot more than for those living in other places.
OK...

I did some of my last 24 after college years in psychology.

From reading all of the posts in two of your started topics regarding this issue.

1. You are subjugating responsibility
2. You are searching for redemption through anonymity
3. You are projecting blame and responsibility upon others (HUGH red flag!)
4. You are histrionically blowing this matter out of proportion refusing to accept impartial unbiased mathematical formulation and fact based real world numbers.
5. You are refusing to accept even partial responsibility, alluding to "the other party" aka police officer is corrupt, and stating so, without proofs.

IMO, from what I have seen, read, experienced first hand about your generation (not all, just most) is that you feel the world revolves, people owe, you deserve, I don't have to work for it...

I may be wrong, but after reading all of your posts...that is the casual conclusion I came to. You are complaining about a police officer who stopped you for good reason (outside of the speed issue) then seeking a TOSH.0 web redemption on a car forum.

I rarely comment on "Corrupt Cop Copped Me A Corrupt Copy Cop Ticket" because 2 things are certain...and its 50/50. The chances of you getting a "corrupt cop" stopping YOU for a speeding ticket when there were many other "revenue coffer generating offenses" to get you on WITHOUT A FIGHT on your end...leads me to believe that you were doing what he said...or were a dick. What reason would a police officer waste his time hemming you up on a moving violation without justification or proof if he has $300-500 other "fix it tickets" he could, as you stated, write you for?

Occams Razor...look up the definition...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #60
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
For you! Guess the quote...and movie.

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #61
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Do what all the rest of us do when we're busted:

OWN IT.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #62
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
For you! Guess the quote...and movie.

I'm not remembering it
Old 06-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #63
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
not remembering it
"Come out to the coast, we'll get together...have a few laughs...."

Old 06-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #64
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #65
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Some of you may have read my pull over thread. I need your help...Is it possible for a stock 1SS Camaro to go from 7 to 80MPH in 0.15 miles.
Quite easily.

A spreadsheet simulation of mine that considers a pretty wide variety of variables says that in 790 feet you could be doing 93 mph if you stayed at WOT the entire distance. 80 mph comes up in only 540 or so feet - barely over 0.10 mile. (I'd run this sim before for a different reason so all I had to do was look up the file . . . all numbers, no emotion, so if you don't like them you might consider inventing your own rules of mathematics)

Norm
Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #66
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
OK...

I did some of my last 24 after college years in psychology.

From reading all of the posts in two of your started topics regarding this issue.

1. You are subjugating responsibility
2. You are searching for redemption through anonymity
3. You are projecting blame and responsibility upon others (HUGH red flag!)
4. You are histrionically blowing this matter out of proportion refusing to accept impartial unbiased mathematical formulation and fact based real world numbers.
5. You are refusing to accept even partial responsibility, alluding to "the other party" aka police officer is corrupt, and stating so, without proofs.

IMO, from what I have seen, read, experienced first hand about your generation (not all, just most) is that you feel the world revolves, people owe, you deserve, I don't have to work for it...

I may be wrong, but after reading all of your posts...that is the casual conclusion I came to. You are complaining about a police officer who stopped you for good reason (outside of the speed issue) then seeking a TOSH.0 web redemption on a car forum.

I rarely comment on "Corrupt Cop Copped Me A Corrupt Copy Cop Ticket" because 2 things are certain...and its 50/50. The chances of you getting a "corrupt cop" stopping YOU for a speeding ticket when there were many other "revenue coffer generating offenses" to get you on WITHOUT A FIGHT on your end...leads me to believe that you were doing what he said...or were a dick. What reason would a police officer waste his time hemming you up on a moving violation without justification or proof if he has $300-500 other "fix it tickets" he could, as you stated, write you for?

Occams Razor...look up the definition...
Projecting blame upon others? By witnessing myself and my passenger also witnessing that he never paced me or that I was not speeding. Your math is only correct if I was going in a straight line with the intention of reaching 80 as fast as possible. I realize my question is, is it possible...I also admit that I did word it wrong and yes it is possible. However, I am not the kind of person to launch and floor my car, and my record proves that. What would cause me to floor my car? Also, you say you have experience in psychology, yet you don't prevent yourself from calling people names in an argument. You should know, with your supposed experience in psychology, what that kind of behavior signifies about YOU
Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #67
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Old 06-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #68
M0dnar
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Corvette 3LT with Z51
So what is it you want from us? Dealing with you is like dealing with a chick.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:57 PM   #69
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think you should go to your local drag strip and get you a couple time slips and see for yourself. That will answer your question, or if you feel lucky measure it out on a similar road out in the country and try it yourself. Every car is different and some can be faster than others, nobody can say for a fact that your car is capable of doing it. Oh and take videos of the setup and test..,
Old 06-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #70
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
However, I am not the kind of person to launch and floor my car, and my record proves that. What would cause me to floor my car?
Ummm, maybe a Prius driver ...

"When we got going, I let my car do the talking, cruised next to them at about 4000 rpm. Nothing like the smell and sound of a catless V8 to make them roll their windows up"

Closed Thread