Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #15
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I've had vehicles MUCH stiffer than this 1LE, and the sound we're talking about has NOTHING to do with it being a track car. I've been in a fully prepped race car that wouldn't sound/feel like that on hitting a bump.

This is a rebound issue and the shock "topping out" (for lack of better term).
Miles?

Be VERY interested to see the detailed service invoice posted.

I have the same issue described with 7k on the odometer....when I drove it in April with 40 psi cold. Or 34 warm and a pretty bad patched pothole. Same jarring...

Rebound issue...perhaps.

I don't track this car...no mods..no winter driving...no abuse.

I'm calling my "issue" normal.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Miles?

Be VERY interested to see the detailed service invoice posted.

I have the same issue described with 7k on the odometer....when I drove it in April with 40 psi cold. Or 34 warm and a pretty bad patched pothole. Same jarring...

Rebound issue...perhaps.

I don't track this car...no mods..no winter driving...no abuse.

I'm calling my "issue" normal.
+1 here
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #17
ASimmons04

Drives: 2015 AGM 2SS RS 1LE
Very interested to see what you find out cause I just ordered a 2015 1LE and trying to learn as much as I can about these cars as I can before I pick it up. Hopefully they have fixed this issue from the factory.
ASimmons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #18
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
I have a little over 14K on the odometer, with around 6K of that being 2 cross country drives. So only 8K of regular use driving.

There is one spot on my drive home where, without fail, the "topping out" (for lack of a better term) occurs. In this spot, I noticed today that it's not even a bump (like a mini speed bump), but more of a drop down (like a pot hole).

In any event, I'm taking it in no matter what on Sat. I will discuss the problem with the service manager and state the many examples, including those of you who went in with the same problem and found out there was a problem with the strut itself.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:05 AM   #19
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177254
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 07-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #20
Iroc Drew

Drives: 2015 1LE 2SS/RS CRT NPP AYZ NAV SUN

1989 IROC Z L98.
2015 Silverado LT.
2015 2SS 1LE.
Iroc Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #21
69Tom

Quote:
I wish people were describing their issue better in this thread. There's a "popping" sound, a "whooshing" noise, and some people maybe seem to have my issue. None of them seem to be the same. That video certainly isn't the issue I'm talking about. That is a popping sound. Not my issue.

What I'm talking about is when I go over certain dips or bumps in the road, it literally sounds like there are no springs or struts on my car, the thud is so abrupt and jarring.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #22
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
69Tom, I think i know what you are describing, whenever my front end drops from going over a bridge or the transition of roads i hear this BANG and it does seem like the car did not have springs or struts. I think it is a known issue with the strut and it looked like they have not fixed it on the newer models either as I have a 2015. I have an oil change coming up so I will mention it to the dealer see and what they say.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331348
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #23
69Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichriscamaro View Post
69Tom, I think i know what you are describing, whenever my front end drops from going over a bridge or the transition of roads i hear this BANG and it does seem like the car did not have springs or struts. I think it is a known issue with the strut and it looked like they have not fixed it on the newer models either as I have a 2015. I have an oil change coming up so I will mention it to the dealer see and what they say.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331348
Yep. That would be the issue. I'm hoping I can merely convince them to take off the struts and manually load an unload it, rather than them trying to drive it over a bump or drop for it to happen. We'll see....
Old 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #24
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
I wish people were describing their issue better in this thread. There's a "popping" sound, a "whooshing" noise, and some people maybe seem to have my issue. None of them seem to be the same. That video certainly isn't the issue I'm talking about. That is a popping sound. Not my issue.

What I'm talking about is when I go over certain dips or bumps in the road, it literally sounds like there are no springs or struts on my car, the thud is so abrupt and jarring.
Is there a link or video of your specific issue that you've uploaded that perhaps I have missed?

Perhaps, if there is, or you do, we could collectively listen/hear and provide answers instead of grabbing at straws and guessing.

As I stated before...my prior guesses were based on having high tire pressures, and lowering them after storage and the noise going away...for the most part....then relegating the feel as "normal" after properly configuring my car for summer season. Since I have low mileage for a 13, don't track and have not thrashed on her, that the "bottoming out" or harsh noise I felt, I relegated to "normal" in my estimation.

I also understand from reading, there are several issues that this could be.

Perhaps it would be best that you yourself provide us with video of what you are trying to describe instead of you admonishing all relative attempts by contributors opinions attempting to nail this down just by you describing it.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #25
69Tom

Quote:
Is there a link or video of your specific issue that you've uploaded that perhaps I have missed?

Perhaps, if there is, or you do, we could collectively listen/hear and provide answers instead of grabbing at straws and guessing.
I was talking about the video uploaded in the thread you posted. It is not my issue.

I don't have a video, because I'm always driving my car and it happens right before a stop light. I can try and set my phone down and at least record the sound. In any event, my issue is the same that what was posted in the link a couple posts up.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

As I stated before...my prior guesses were based on having high tire pressures, and lowering them after storage and the noise going away...for the most part....then relegating the feel as "normal" after properly configuring my car for summer season. Since I have low mileage for a 13, don't track and have not thrashed on her, that the "bottoming out" or harsh noise I felt, I relegated to "normal" in my estimation.

I also understand from reading, there are several issues that this could be.

Perhaps it would be best that you yourself provide us with video of what you are trying to describe instead of you admonishing all relative attempts by contributors opinions attempting to nail this down just by you describing it.

Hey Everyone,

I see that some of you are experiencing a noise or suspension concern, and we definitely understand that you would like to be at ease with your Camaro's performance. Feel free to send me a PM is this is something that you would like our assistance with. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:32 AM   #27
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
I was talking about the video uploaded in the thread you posted. It is not my issue.

I don't have a video, because I'm always driving my car and it happens right before a stop light. I can try and set my phone down and at least record the sound. In any event, my issue is the same that what was posted in the link a couple posts up.
It isn't your issue...yet you posted a problem or concern...here in a public forum. then people try and help, understand...try and help more...yet you again scoff at someone trying to help by posting again with a video of a noise...and you complain again stating...

"I wish people were describing their issue better in this thread. There's a "popping" sound, a "whooshing" noise, and some people maybe seem to have my issue. None of them seem to be the same. That video certainly isn't the issue I'm talking about. That is a popping sound. Not my issue.

What I'm talking about is when I go over certain dips or bumps in the road, it literally sounds like there are no springs or struts on my car, the thud is so abrupt and jarring."

If you are going to complain about a noise that people here cant discern based on your complaint...you have friends correct? Have them take a video for you...

I could go on...but that's my drift...
Old 07-09-2015, 01:34 AM   #28
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:

It isn't your issue...yet you posted a problem or concern...here in a public forum. then people try and help, understand...try and help more...yet you again scoff at someone trying to help by posting again with a video of a noise...and you complain again stating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom

If you are going to complain about a noise that people here cant discern based on your complaint...you have friends correct? Have them take a video for you...

I could go on...but that's my drift...