Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
fargomike
The Dude Abides

Drives: Black 2SS M6
Which tune should I get ? LS3

So I am going to be adding lt headers soon to my ride very soon . I know I will need to get a tune after . My question is with the LS3 what are the major benefits ? I have read how the L99 can be woke up etc . But I would like to hear about the LS3 . Diablo ? SCT ?
2010 Black 2SS/LS3/M6 Kooks 1 7/8 Ceramic Coated Headers, Borla ATAK CB , JRE Tune , Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI ,VMax Ported TB, PFADT Coilovers,Forgestar CF5's Textured Gunmetal w/Nitto Invo's 275/315 ,Hurst Billet Plus 2 Shifter AAC P13W Plasma LEDw/DRL Harness ,30% Tinting,
fargomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargomike View Post
So I am going to be adding lt headers soon to my ride very soon . I know I will need to get a tune after . My question is with the LS3 what are the major benefits ? I have read how the L99 can be woke up etc . But I would like to hear about the LS3 . Diablo ? SCT ?
With doing headers you will need to have a tune to get the most out of it. If you are doing long tube headers only with a tune I would guess about 25-35 RWHP.

Talk with Ted @ Jannetty Racing about SCT and his remote tunes. He has done this for me and I am more than happy with it. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and 110% stands behind his product.

I am running a 700+ setup at the motor with a remote tune from Ted.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
With doing headers you will need to have a tune to get the most out of it. If you are doing long tube headers only with a tune I would guess about 25-35 RWHP.

Talk with Ted @ Jannetty Racing about SCT and his remote tunes. He has done this for me and I am more than happy with it. He will take the time to answer any questions you have and 110% stands behind his product.

I am running a 700+ setup at the motor with a remote tune from Ted.

THIS

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
BluegraSS

Drives: 2012 Victory Red SS/RS
I've had tunes from Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester and Ted Jannetty. I'm very pleased with the Jannetty tune and his customer service is great.
BluegraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
DonutSS

Drives: '12 ZL1 SIM ADM Built
There's negative crap about most tuners out there even this forums favorite Janetty.. I gave my recommendation based on my experience with Chuck and his reputation on the corvette forum over the last 6 years. There's always 3 sides to the story. I don't know about all the hearsay (I read most of it btw) but I do know he did a good job on my car and I enjoyed hangin around the garage with him most of the day as he worked on my car and several others. Anyway, just sayin that there's not a perfect tuner out there, they've all made mistakes along the way, some did a better job of making things right than others.
DonutSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
How much does one of your tunes cost Ted?

Thanks!
The Program is Very sweet, Order an SCT X3 part number SCT-3400 tuner off my site and the first tune for simple bolt ons, i.e. cold air kit and cat back exhaust is FREE.

Continue to purchase your performance Parts from JRE and Tune updates for those parts are FREE.

Thanks
Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote