Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #113
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
one more comment since im already knee deep... why all the hate toward the collectors? I see ultra low mileage nearly never driven models of old cars and admire the people that had the will to never drive them. Ill admit now that if I had the cash id have several <20 mile preserved rides in my collection.
Well, buying a car and stashing it in a garage hoping it'll appreciate is dumb. Here's an example: a very good condition '69 SS that cost about $3000 back then will get maybe $70-90,000 nowadays. If you had just put that same $3,000 in the stock market, you'd have something like $150,000 to $180,000. So, not only did you not enjoy a perfectly good car, you cost yourself around $90,000, assuming you weren't also paying insurance on the car for the past 40 years. Cars are for driving not investing. If I had a Z/28, you'd better believe I'd have the highest mileage Z/28 in the country.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #114
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
You think everyone is doing it for money.... Idon't.

I think theyre preserving the cars future in the way a museum does.

and thats exactly what id do if I could.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #115
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
Haha gotta love Jay shitting on automatic owners!
Very nice, some of us disabled Vets can no longer drive a manual.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #116

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I say hat's off to the collectors. Let them have their fun how they see fit....Even so-called garage queens and museum cars do get driven from time to time by their owners...they don't sit and rot...

....Like others, I'd do it if I had the means....Hobbies and car collecting has been going on forever....I don't think any collector is looking to get rich or make a killing with it as an investment....They've already "made it" and that's why they have the luxury and option of just buying and collecting one for fun...All good...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #117
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Porsche = Lunch......LMFAO

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #118
Oliv59

Drives: 45th M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
At the fest, I sat in a 1LE with the recaros and had between 2 and 3 inches more head room.
2 or 3 more inches than in your 1LE?
Oliv59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #119
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
For those hatin' on Leno, look at this entire episode as...an episode! It's on-line Marketing. Who else has a blog or website with as much audience as Leno and Leno's Garage? If YOU do, please advise GM. They NEED you!

This entire episode was loosely scripted. Leno walks him through it. Leno's the straightman. Al's the star. Confirming specs that Leno feeds him, or answering Leno's leading questions. Leno's comfortable in front of the camera(s). He does this for a living, and is VERY well-paid. Al? Not so, but he's improving. And Leno's a helluva coach. Only the couch, and the studio audience, was missing.

Leno has a long-established relationship with GM. Recall the 1st crate 572 went into his Roadmaster. With his name carved in the rocker covers. Recall the SEMA '09 Leno Camaro. Recall GM's assistance with his turbine one-off. His RWD Toronado. Recall his association with Welburn. Recall his stature amongst the auto community at large. Very large!

"1,500 per year". Folks, from April '14 to the end of Gen-5 production, mid-'15, doesn't equate to "3,000". More likely to be 375 or so per 1/4. And, if April '14 is launch (no pun), it may in fact be titled and VIN'd as a MY '15.

As to a dealer test-drive, there'll be a BUNCH of dealers that never SEE one, let alone be able to offer t/d's. Sad, but most certainly true.

As to a price North of a ZL1, that's because a ZL1's usual road course track time will be NORTH of a Z/28. As in GREATER, time-wise. No other Manufacturer has this delightful dilemma.

Get on a list. NOW!

Last edited by SEVEN-OH JOE; 08-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #120
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
For those hatin' on Leno, look at this entire episode as...an episode! It's on-line Marketing. Who else has a blog or website with as much audience as Leno and Leno's Garage? If YOU do, please advise GM. They NEED you!

This entire episode was loosely scripted. Leno walks him through it. Leno's the straightman. Al's the star. Confirming specs that Leno feeds him, or answering Leno's leading questions. Leno's comfortable in front of the camera(s). He does this for a living, and is VERY well-paid. Al? Not so, but he's improving. And Leno's a helluva coach. Only the couch, and the studio audience, was missing.

Leno has a long-established relationship with GM. Recall the 1st crate 572 went into his Roadmaster. With his name carved in the rocker covers. Recall the SEMA '09 Leno Camaro. Recall GM's assistance with his turbine one-off. His RWD Toronado. Recall his association with Welburn. Recall his stature amongst the auto community at large. Very large!

"1,500 per year". Folks, from April '14 to the end of Gen-5 production, mid-'15, doesn't equate to "3,000". More likely to be 375 or so per 1/4. And, if April '14 is launch (no pun), it may in fact be titled and VIN'd as a MY '15.

As to a dealer test-drive, there'll be a BUNCH of dealers that never SEE one, let alone be able to offer t/d's. Sad, but most certainly true.

As to a price North of a ZL1, that's because a ZL1's usual road course track time will be NORTH of a Z/28. As in GREATER, time-wise. No other Manufacturer has this delightful dilemma.

Get on a list. NOW!
It all makes sense to me, excellent points in regards to Leno, you bet it is all scripted, not sure why I didn't comprehend that immediately as I was watching the video. Stunned from the goodness of seeing the car on a public street will be my excuse.

Yes, if you claim you want one and don't already have a signed buyers order with selling price noted, then you don't *really* want one. It's just that simple. The phone and internet are your friend to find one at the price you seek. No whining from those too lazy to do the homework
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #121
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
This video makes me happy to have my 1LE. I already have a few parts from the Z28; tranny, rear end, but cannot wait until they release that intake!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #122
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
This video makes me happy to have my 1LE. I already have a few parts from the Z28; tranny, rear end, but cannot wait until they release that intake!
While the gear ratios are the same, the differential will be different in the Z/28. The operation of the Z/28 differential will be more like the ZL1 with less slip to put power down coming out of corners.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #123
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Nice!!!!!
Only 1500 a year so I might have to order this direct.....

I might have to get back to the stick.....
I can hear my dad automatic boy is just slap into 4th or 5th and call it a day....
Don't be a wuss.....

Just saying it would be a daily for me
Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #124
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I'm cracking up....
These guys are gonna make sure I don't drop that money down on a Stingray too quick.....

I'm getting them both but who is first
Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #125
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post

Get on a list. NOW!

No hate for Jay just disappointed.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #126
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
It all makes sense to me, excellent points in regards to Leno, you bet it is all scripted, not sure why I didn't comprehend that immediately as I was watching the video. Stunned from the goodness of seeing the car on a public street will be my excuse.

Yes, if you claim you want one and don't already have a signed buyers order with selling price noted, then you don't *really* want one. It's just that simple. The phone and internet are your friend to find one at the price you seek. No whining from those too lazy to do the homework
...actually, that's the obvious, it's a PR move. Dully noted. And a good one to boot. Well played Chevy!