Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
About to pull trigger

I am really itching to pull trigger. Dealer is ready to take my lease in a year and half earlyq as a wash. New 2SS colors the have are the dark blue or red. Have black and love it but pain to maintain so maybe leaning torards the red. My 1st question is would my phantom grill off my LS fit the SS and what about the roto fab cai?
Mike

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
pr3dict
O_o

Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
a year and a half early and they are willing to just flip you on to a new one? That sounds like a great deal to me.
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
don't know about the grill, but the deal sounds good to me....
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
on the PG, top should, bottom no..CAI no(smaller tubing on the V6).
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
If it's a 2013 SS I would think the grill would fit. I doubt the CAI will but you could go back to the stock one and sell yours. Sounds like a good deal to get out of the lease that early with no loss of cash. I would get the red one if it was my decision.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Neuf Cruz

Hes willing to take as is. It would bennifet me to remove all and put back to stock but with the time and labor to do that, i am not sure i will get much in return after expenses etc... Tempted to just drive in and drive out with a new 2013 2SS! Payment will of urse go up but till under $500 which s ok with me. I really want o see about purchasing and how much more month it will be. I know i will be doing a lot to it!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
why would you mod a lease car?? Anyway get the Red, red is hot. I think the blue will be just as bad as black. Red is the shit and always will be.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Neuf Cruz

So went to the dealer to talk and test ride. To my dissatisfaction the red was an auto and the blue was the manual. I told them that manual was a deal breaker. I tred to find something positive about that dark lue and n ffense to anyone with the color but just not for me. If I'm going to go dark then go big and black. Anyways, I drove the red auto and I hope that is just the auto but I was not impressed with the SS at all. It had some torque but dd not impress me that much over my ride. I hope the manual is as big a difference as it is in the v6s.
When do the 14s come out? Maybe by then they will drop the price so on the 13s and I can get the color and tranny I want. I hate waiting but for this purchase I want to make it special!

Thanks

PS. Does the catch can from my 6 work with the 8?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Anyways, I drove the red auto and I hope that is just the auto but I was not impressed with the SS at all. It had some torque but dd not impress me that much over my ride. I hope the manual is as big a difference as it is in the v6s.
I drove an SS auto for a full day. Felt the same way. From what folks are telling me, the auto is a dog and needs a tune in order to really feel the power. Everyone says the manual SS is where the money is. Feels a lot more powerful.

Those where the things people told me when I said I didn't like the SS auto as much as I thought I would.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Fuse pull and break-in make all the difference with the auto. Mine finally woke up at about 5000 miles. I've never noticed this much of a difference after 5000 miles on any other car, and I've had a few new cars before. It may be the same for the manuals, but I have no experience with them.